Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

Interesting, he has great measurables but I wonder why he got cut?  And, he didn't make their PS.

HTTR!

And he was part of the first cut from 90 to 75.  Didn't even get to play against us last Thursday.  I think he's here only to be on the scout team for Houston.   Give us insight into Clowney's game, maybe.  I bet he gets cut right after the game.

I can only imagine what Baker and Olividatti can bring out in this cat.

My favorite PS in eons!

Yup...we could have something here if they can coach this guy up!  He'll probably have to get a little heavier too.  Some teams just don't have the patience in developing players though but I think we're a little different in that area with the new regime.

HTTR!

And he was part of the first cut from 90 to 75.  Didn't even get to play against us last Thursday.  I think he's here only to be on the scout team for Houston.   Give us insight into Clowney's game, maybe.  I bet he gets cut right after the game.

JaxJoe, I don't know about that bruh because the tape is out on Clowney...college and pre-season tape.

Sometimes teams just miss on a player.

HTTR!

I imagine guys get cut all the time for reasons we would never know. We are fixated on what little we sea see and hear.  

Argued with a coach. Bad attitude. Slow to pickup the playbook. New System, crappy asst coach. One mistake. Immature. Out late / practicing hungover. Suspected other activities detrimental to the team. Their twitter account. 

Who cares, us fans don't really care about that, yet those things can definitely have a hand in them getting cut.

Can the kid play? That's all we care about. 

Welcome to the team, Chaz Sutton, indeed Clowney on our scout team. Let's do this. 

I imagine guys get cut all the time for reasons we would never know. We are fixed on what little we sea see and hear.  

Argued with a coach. Bad attitude. Slow to pickup the playbook. New System, crappy asst coach. One mistake. Immature. Out late / practicing hungover. Suspected other activities detrimental to the team. Their twitter account. 

Who cares, us fans don't really care about that, yet those things can definitely have a hand in them getting cut.

Can the kid play? That's all we care about. 

Welcome to the team, Chaz Sutton, indeed Clowney on our scout team. Let's do this. 

All too true Randy.

HTTR!

Remember how Rak suffered when coaching staff changed? We should understand this better than most. Look how improved our line has performed all camp.

Even if Sutton is only here to mimic Clowney, I still think it's brilliant. Preparation is the separation.

But when I read that he fell because his line coach left...well, that really rang a bell.

Great pickup regardless.

Hearing the things we have heard this camp about the assistant coaches teachings, its almost like the previous assistant coaches did very little. And certainly did very little successfully. The only player on our entire roster that improved last year over the previous, was Tyler Polumbus. Garcon could be argued improved, but lets face it, he was a beast before his monster year. Other than that, its Silm pickens. Maybe Aldrick and Hank improved a little bit. Riley improved in coverage later in the year IIRC. Rah. So almost no one on defense even comes to mind. #Slowiks

With cuts and PS all set, the focus becomes RG3 vs Clowney / Watt. Hopefully Sutton can hook us up and pay off his PS spot immediately, and give us some insider info on how to beat him at his own game. 

Way is a Sooner like yours truly and he grew up in Tulsa, like yours truly.

You can argue now that he will be playing the game at the ultimate highest level on all three levels.

Obviously, he will play in an NFL game on Sunday, and for all our sakes (mostly his) it hopefully won't be a cameo appearance.

He played at OU which is one of the most storied college programs in the country.

In HS he participated in arguably the biggest rivalry in the country. Google Jenks vs Union and you will quickly find out why. I'm a Jenks guy myself, but Union (the Redskins) is a dominant program as well. I actually think the two have gotten TOO big, but that's another story.

Anyway, he's been playing big time football for quite awhile, hopefully he sticks.

I particularly liked the last line of the sentence in the article you posted. :)

HTTR!

He will not be a DE here - it sounds like he was a raw 4-3 DE who will now be an even rawer (if thats a word) 3-4 OLB. Guess we liked the physical tools and want to see what a year of coaching and then an offseason next year.

I don't think there is anything he can tell the coaches here they can't see on film. Dudes big and really really fast with an amazing explosion. Like to come inside as well as being able to blow past tackles outside. Takes plays off though and is inconsistent. Him and Watt on the same front is going to be scary though.

Interesting, he has great measurables but I wonder why he got cut?  And, he didn't make their PS.

HTTR!

I think the bucs run a 4-3 while we run a 3-4 (someone correct me if i'm wrong) but I believe he was in the wrong defense for his skill set in Tampa so he'll be used better in our 3-4 defense. 

Thanks for sharing. I may hold him to an unrealistic standard, but hearing he was the top rated LT is not going to lower my bar much if at all!  

I understand your point and not saying he played perfect but what I was saying is we're talking about preseason. If mistakes are to happen, preseason is when you want them to happen. You never know what he was asked to do as to why he didn't fulfill your standards. He could've been working on planting with the opposite foot, hand placement, anything. You just never know. Like I said, judge these guys when it counts. I think Trent will have a great year. He's probably the most consistent Redskin on the roster.

I understand your point and not saying he played perfect but what I was saying is we're talking about preseason. If mistakes are to happen, preseason is when you want them to happen. You never know what he was asked to do as to why he didn't fulfill your standards. He could've been working on planting with the opposite foot, hand placement, anything. You just never know. Like I said, judge these guys when it counts. I think Trent will have a great year. He's probably the most consistent Redskin on the roster.

I agree we have to wait for the regular season, for grading of most things.

But protecting Robert is almost mission critical for this franchise, at this point, and at all times. Lord knows he appears to need the protection, because he largely doesn't seem to care himself about his health. He is fearless.

All players make mistakes, but none are more glaring than the LT letting his QB get clobbered from the blind side at ~ full speed. So, in large part because of my thinking that, I admit I made an overly big deal out of it. 

Robert's face was priceless; he was pissed at his OL already, and it was a horrible start to our season. A season in which confidence in his OL I think will be a difference maker. Like last year versus the eagles, starting games half asleep is going to make for another long difficult to watch season.

Good discussing with you. I too think he may be our most consistent player. I would love to see him pancake the clown for our first play.

Pretty cool article posted in RBN on Duke Ihenacho. Pretty long read but worth passing the time (3 pages):

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/1/duke-ihenacho-brings-redskins-hard-hitting-style-u/

'Get Your Popcorn Ready' when Redskins newcomer Duke Ihenacho hits the field

Altenberg said Duke immediately showed a natural feel for the game, an innate comfort on the field “that you’d think a guy playing 10 years would have.” He embraced the contact and was unafraid of getting physical. In fact, Altenberg still remembers Duke flattening opposing players in his first varsity game.

“You know, a lot of guys pause before they hit,” Altenberg said. “He had no pause button. When he hits somebody, he goes right through you.”

By the beginning of his senior season, just his second year of competitive footballDuke had grown to be one of the team’s best players. He also was voted as a team captain by his teammates. “That’s the kind of kid he is,” Altenberg said.

Where did Tampa dry to play Sutton?  My understanding is they have converted back to the Tampa-2 scheme, so I'm not sure if they were playing him at end or at SLB.

He's not built to have his hand in the dirt as a DE, but he's also not built to run around as a 4-3 LB.

Sounds like he is best as an edge-rushing OLB, but just needed some help with his moves and hands. 

I don't expect much but I also don't think he was made for Tampa's scheme. 

I saw one draft report that had Sutton at 267lb.  He was a DE at Carolina and was a DE in Tampa's 4-3.  One thing that is encouraging is Carolina ran a defensive set called 'rabbit' where three DE would rush.  Sound familiar?  So, that's probably what also attracted the Redskins to select him.  One less thing to teach.

Ok, so how do you pronounce "Ihenacho"? Am I gonna have to wait till Sunday (and hope the folks in the Redskins broadcast booth have learned it?)

(I've been kinda waiting for the "Nacho Libre" nickname. Since he was a FREE Agent, and all).

From: http://www.nationalchamps.net/2008/pronunciation/sanjosestate.htm

Duke Ihenacho ......EE-ah-NAH-cho

Good discussing with you. I too think he may be our most consistent player. I would love to see him pancake the clown for our first play.

I want to see an early run directly at Clowney, and have Trent get his hands inside, and push him out of the stadium.  I think there was a scene like that in The Blind Side.  That's the treatment I want for Clowney early in the game.  

Put him on his tucus a few times, will slow down his motor a little bit. 

Archived