Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins cuts, plus cuts from all NFL teams (Seastrunk, Hocker, P. Thomas among cut)

Take a deep breath and look at our team, who we added and who we retained. It's a marvel, really, and moving in the right direction.

Humans are prone to measure by what's absent. But gratitude is grateful for what's present, the blessings of the moment.

I love who we are and what we have. I am exited for the season.

Win or lose, I stand behind my team. We're strong. We're proud. We're the Redskins!

HAIL

As the God Father Of Soul "James Brown" often said..."I feel good!

HTTR!

Just want to remind everyone that the coaching staff will not make their decision solely on one play that happened in the 4th preseason game against a putrid 3rd string defense. We are not the ones with all the film and with those players day in and day out. Can't wait until the Seastrunk fan boys are eating crow.

That's the spirit,  You showed them!

I'm just saying there's a reason he fell to the 6th round. I know Redd was a UDFA but he fits the same mold as ALMO, if heaven forbid, he goes down with an injury. We weren't going to keep more than 3 RB's with Darrell Young as our fullback. Morris and Helu were locks all along.

I'm just saying there's a reason he fell to the 6th round. I know Redd was a UDFA but he fits the same mold as ALMO, if heaven forbid, he goes down with an injury. We weren't going to keep more than 3 RB's with Darrell Young as our fullback. Morris and Helu were locks all along.

It's all good. I must have missed something while I was at work, as it seems that Seastrunk kinda polarized this board. I agree that Redd could more easily step in for an injured Almo without having to change the running game. It works.

It's all good. I must have missed something while I was at work, as it seems that Seastrunk kinda polarized this board. I agree that Redd could more easily step in for an injured Almo without having to change the running game. It works.

A lot of Seastrunk love for sure and don't get me wrong I thought he looked good. I hope another team gives him a try on the PS but we all need to remember RB's are easy to come by anymore.

Seastrunk needs to block better for QB and others

Who are these others he needs to block better for? 

I'm sorry, I just couldn't let this one slide, lol. For some reason I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. 

I remember posters SWORE up and down Lache would get snatched up on someones active roster and make us pay if he was released by us .........

Some of you guys need to stop having man crushes on these guys it clouds your judgement on talent. Jarvis Jenkins also had a MONSTER preseason and hasn't done anything since. (granted he got hurt but still)

Ok, here's another one I couldn't let slide. Out of the possible 8,000 players in preseason history that you could've used to further your very logical and factual point, you chose Jarvis Jenkins to do so? And then put in parentheses "granted he got hurt, but still"?

I mean, didn't you think to yourself, "let me stick to the Marcus Mason's of the world here, instead, that would be much more effective" at the point in time when you had to put that disclaimer at the end mentioning the guy getting hurt, which would mean he wouldn't even have a chance to continue his preseason success that year?

Lol, I'm sorry. I think I stayed up too late. These two posts aided and abetted my late night slap-happiness.

Do I think Lache was going to be a starter or a big contributor for us this year? No

Good post and I largely feel the same way. 

That we likely drafted Lache because of concerns over Thompson, and sure enough CT was injured for a lot of the preseason, yet he is the one we kept. Drafting Lache told me of a desire to add speed in our backfield - now. Maybe CTs blocking / teams play improved a ton this offseason, and Gruden didn't know, so we drafted Lache and figured one would win a spot. Maybe we graded his blocking or route running incorrectly - who knows. 

But by drafting Lache / retaining CT shows a clear vision and desire to have a shifty speed back. We kept the injury prone one over the one that is presumed not as polished in teams and blocking yet. No one predicted Redd a FA would dominate as he did, and in the end basically drafted a guy to battle for a spot on the PS. 

I am not yet convinced that Redd is as good a blocker as we say a back needs to be on our roster, but is clearly a more physical runner than the scat backs. And serves as better insurance for Morris. Maybe the battle was between Aldrick and the RBs for that final home run spot. Redds spot secured early in camp. 

I can say this, if we had Lache, I would get him into game 1, and have him run a fake screen, no blocking needed, and go deeeeep to DJax. 

I can say this, if we had Lache, I would get him into game 1, and have him run a fake screen, no blocking needed, and go deeeeep to DJax. 

If your setting up a fake screen by letting Clowney and Watt go unblocked and THEN faking it to go deep to Jackson I hope you have an ambulance ready for your QB and the next of kin have been informed  :)

When you have a RB who can't protect the passer, the defense knows what's coming when he's on the field. It's not an issue in preseason games. I think we would like to have Seastrunk on the PS but he may be better off going to a more RB-needy team.

I'd be with you, Randy except I can't get past the fact that 31 other GMs haven't been interested in signing him to their squad yet or able to get him to ink his name to a practice squad.  That makes me think that I'm missing something significant about this guy.  Either his head is to high or his pride is too hurt to accept a practice squad position or those things I saw in Preseason don't matter as much as the stuff I missed.

It seems like we've left a space open for him if he wants it, but that door is closing.

I always assumed you still made room for players on your roster who have potential to be good. In all likelihood if they made room for Seastrunk he still would have seen about as much time as Morgan Moses , Long, colt mccoy, frank kearse, and Redd. Keeping Redd as insurance for Morris doesnt make sense to me as Helu has shown he can start and play a majority of snaps and you dont usually use that 3rd spot on someone solely to replace a style. Redd did deserve a sppt on the roster but the PS would have been a better place and you bring him up of Morris is injured.

Its not like Morris has injury concerns unlike garcon reed djax and rgiii

If your setting up a fake screen by letting Clowney and Watt go unblocked and THEN faking it to go deep to Jackson I hope you have an ambulance ready for your QB and the next of kin have been informed  :)

That is why you use a cat like Young, who can lay a nice block, then get to the flat unseen.  :)

I'll admit to being one of the unhappy ones, or at least one of the surprised ones. I thought LS had played as well as Redd during both TC and the pre-season games. I thought he brought an explosive change of pace that we needed. I thought he would be quickly snatched up by another team and that the FO was foolhearty to even tempt fate when he was waived. I thought that Lache would prove to be much more durable than the two year old C.Thompson experiment. Since Gruden has one more year experience being a head coach then I do, apparently I thought wrong...  I never thought Lache was an automatic probowler, I just thought he provided a missing element. I have no issue admitting that I missed this one.

This is not Gruden's first rodeo. Just first time in the nfl.

As with every screen, you block briefly. 

I got news for you though. We may need an ambo on every down. I think our OL is going to be atrocious in straight back pass pro yet again this year. Even Trent is struggling so far.

I think that deception via fakes, pump fakes, misdirection, boots etc WILL be needed to keep RG3 on his feet early this year. 

Lets see what Gruden thinks. 

As with every screen, you block briefly. 

I got news for you though. We may need an ambo on every down. I think our OL is going to be atrocious in straight back pass pro yet again this year. Even Trent is struggling so far.

I think that deception via fakes, pump fakes, misdirection, boots etc WILL be needed to keep RG3 on his feet early this year. 

Lets see what Gruden thinks.

I certainly fear for how we are going to block Watt and Clowney - those guys lined up on Chester and Polumbus is a mismatch of epic proportions. It's a very safe bet the passing game will be based on getting the ball out of RGIIIs hands quickly. Of course if we know that you have to assume the Texans do as well ...

That is why you use a cat like Young, who can lay a nice block, then get to the flat unseen.  :)

I love Young - but Watt could run over him and barley break stride.

Do I think Lache was going to be a starter or a big contributor for us this year? No

But his lateral quickness and shiftiness, along with straight line speed, significantly excited and impressed me this preseason more than any other "fast" back we've had in quote a while

Specifically, my frustration is with the seeming choice we're making over Seastrunk. Chris Thompson has by and large looked average....at best....for two straight years now but it was in our plans to PS him instead. That I don't get. Seastrunks negatives are coach able and aren't majorly better on thompson part AND he doesn't have the history of injury concerns like Thompson.

If we had let Thompson go as well and went and grabbed a different RB then I would be less bothered as it'd be clear they just want to go in a different direction. Instead, the direction they seem to want to go is mind boggling as NOTHING I've seen from Thompson, also against 3rd stingers, makes me think he's anything but a brittle fast guy whose an average RB at best at this level.

Chris is not afraid to block like some backs.

I always assumed you still made room for players on your roster who have potential to be good. In all likelihood if they made room for Seastrunk he still would have seen about as much time as Morgan Moses , Long, colt mccoy, frank kearse, and Redd. Keeping Redd as insurance for Morris doesnt make sense to me as Helu has shown he can start and play a majority of snaps and you dont usually use that 3rd spot on someone solely to replace a style. Redd did deserve a sppt on the roster but the PS would have been a better place and you bring him up of Morris is injured.

Its not like Morris has injury concerns unlike garcon reed djax and rgiii

Redd was our hardest running back and broke 14 tackles and has an up side to get in the end zone.

Who are these others he needs to block better for? 

I'm sorry, I just couldn't let this one slide, lol. For some reason I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. 

Ok, here's another one I couldn't let slide. Out of the possible 8,000 players in preseason history that you could've used to further your very logical and factual point, you chose Jarvis Jenkins to do so? And then put in parentheses "granted he got hurt, but still"?

I mean, didn't you think to yourself, "let me stick to the Marcus Mason's of the world here, instead, that would be much more effective" at the point in time when you had to put that disclaimer at the end mentioning the guy getting hurt, which would mean he wouldn't even have a chance to continue his preseason success that year?

Lol, I'm sorry. I think I stayed up too late. These two posts aided and abetted my late night slap-happiness.

Believe a RB should be able to block second tier for Tight Ends and Wide Receivers

Archived