Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Influential/notorious/famous,ect.. ES Thread Of All Time?

HogSeason

The "move orakpo to mlb" was pretty classic.

We could just list all the "super stupid idea" threads under that one.  lol

My personal favorite was Carlos Rodgers is done and should be cut, or something like that.

He had one really great season, then went back to being "Stone-Hands" who we all loved so much.  Now, they let him go to Oakland to end his career with a whimper.

I'd vote the Redskins One tracker, where we found out about Jim Fassel, and essentially basically rioted to the point where Dan un did his offer. That seems pretty influential to me. We discovered and led the groundswell of anger.

And ended up with Jim Zorn. :(

hahahaha, I actually still think that was one of the most awesome Skins fans moments ever, if only because we first found our voice, and then the entire fan base revolted and Vinny was booted forever.  I think this one actually might get my vote.  Honestly, any thread that might have indirectly began the downfall of Cerrato is epic, IMO.

Seriously, the 2 years of hell with Zorn was worth it since Vinny's gone.

That OM used to write some awesome posts.  One of his get ready for football warm and fuzzy pieces is what made me join.

Another great for me was anything TR-1 did in the ATN before they shut him down.  I used to lol reading his threads.  No one got after them Cowpukes like TR-1 and Bubba9497 used to.

The Daily Babe. :)

Without a doubt the number one thread in the Tailgate and an inspiration to all.  Can't remember what happened to it after the merger.  Pages and pages and pages and pages of endless well babes.

To add above, I always enjoyed Om's writeups.  Quality writer and he enjoyed writing about the skins.

The Gibbs returning thread back in early 2004 was something.  i believe a Mod called it before it was announced.  Memory fuzzy after 10 years.

The WhoDel F Dallas thread in the Around the NFL still stands proudly stickied to the top of the forum.  Lot of puke fans posting trash back then and the young Eagle fan had had enough.

What was the screen name of the guy who posted a lot and grew to be one of the most colorful, popular posters on the board. He talked about eating tacos and watching football. Tacos may have been part of hisscreen name... My memory is failing me on that. Then one day he started a thread that basically said "see ya guys, I'm dying so I won't be posting again" and stopped. There was shock and an uproar. Mods tried to reach out to him. But silence. ES mourned losing a poster who, over many months, became one of its favorite contributors.

Then, sometime later on a Cowboys message board, came the real confession. It was a lark, a prank by a bored writer who created this colorful ES persona who quickly became a favorite poster. He recounted how this lark grew unexpectedly as his screen persona grew way beyond any expectations he had. It was a wildly interesting episode and raised some interesting questions about the nature of message boards and what ethical responsibility comes with joining online communities. His fake "death" hurt people who grew to like him, if only virtually, and who mourned his supposed death.

What was the screen name of the guy who posted a lot and grew to be one of the most colorful, popular posters on the board. He talked about eating tacos and watching football. Tacos may have been part of hisscreen name... My memory is failing me on that. Then one day he started a thread that basically said "see ya guys, I'm dying so I won't be posting again" and stopped. There was shock and an uproar. Mods tried to reach out to him. But silence. ES mourned losing a poster who, over many months, became one of its favorite contributors.

Then, sometime later on a Cowboys message board, came the real confession. It was a lark, a prank by a bored writer who created this colorful ES persona who quickly became a favorite poster. He recounted how this lark grew unexpectedly as his screen persona grew way beyond any expectations he had. It was a wildly interesting episode and raised some interesting questions about the nature of message boards and what ethical responsibility comes with joining online communities. His fake "death" hurt people who grew to like him, if only virtually, and who mourned his supposed death.

I would love a link to this, don't remember it at all. Must have been before my time.

Wacky Ralph.

Most influential? Nunyo files?

Call me crazy but I always loved combing through the malcomb kelly thread.

Im gonna go the owned thread for the tailgate.

For the stadium, it's gotta be the annual draft database thread. Tons of good material in there and if you hang around the thread long enough you can really get some good knowledge regarding scouting.

The most I've ever laughed on this board was when there was a thread (at least I think it was its own thread?) about 3 years or so ago advertising the fact that the Redskins store was offering Adam Archuleta jerseys for 15% off or something absurd like that? And it turned into a thread with pictures of his wife followed by pictures of rabbits with pancakes. Just total absurdity. Would love a bump on that thread. 

What happend to that thread?  I tried to look it up.  So freakin' awesome.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/118588-fun-with-elis-drunk-pic/    

---Lots of pictures missing by now. Still some funny stuff in there.

One of my last acts on Earth will probably be checking in on The Owned Thread. I also love the training camp threads. New energy, new hope, lots of great info due to the effort of the board members.

Most influential?...Hmm...probably the "paloffs" thread and the "fan card" thread, maybe.

Or possibly the thread Art started calling out media members lol (or detailing his "interaction" with one specific media member)...it got a ton of mentions in mainstream sports media, and I still think it had an effect on some sportswriters following the team...like they closed ranks and became even more critical of the Skins (and in some instances of the Skins' fanbase in general).

As for posts, I will self-promote and say that I popularized calling WRs "tall" as some ultimate compliment back when Anthony Mix was everyone's mancrush lol B) ...whenever anyone mentioned Mix and wanting him to see some playing time, I'd immediately quote them and say "He's tall!" "My God, is Mix tall!!" and stuff like that there. I actually had ES members thinking I was serious and arguing with me that him being tall is a stupid reason for thinking he'll be good. I had to announce that I was only doing so because he height was used by a few too many as a reason for playing him.

Within 2-3 weeks I saw damn near everyone using the "he's tall!" response all over ES lol...

Archived