Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

Bonez,

it's almost a foregone conclusion that Royster is gone. He does run the ball pretty well, but he really does bring anything to the table as compared to the other RBs on the roster. You have Almo (starter), Helu (can pass-block and be a reasonable fill-in for Almo and/or 3rd down pass-catcher), Thompson and Strunk who could provide change of pace RB, and Redd (who IMO could quite possibly position himself to play the Helu role if he can grasp the pass-blocking responsibilities).

Truth is, there just simply isn't any room for Royster anymore on this team. In fact, truth be told, he has gotten away with being on this team this long due to the lack of competition that the team now possesses. But you are right that he had some nice carries last night.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Hail, you might be right Bonez.

To say he outplayed rookie Thompson is not a stratch, IMHO. Keep in mind Thompson was still not 100% back from injury when they drafted him from FSU last year. And to be honest (and I'm simply basing this off last night's performance and what we've read during TC thus far), it doesn't appear Royster has made much noise in comparison with the likes of CT, Redd, and Strunk.

At this point, it's a numbers game and Royster is on the wrong side of those numbers. Again, he just doesn't possess the skills the others do. Don't get me wrong, I like Royster. I'm just not enamored with him when I look at the group that the FO has assembled.

But then again, who the hell knows. :lol: We still have another 3 weeks to see the cream rise to the top. I'm willing to reserve judgment until such time. ;)

Kevin ‏@HTTR24_7 11m

I see the idiots calling for Kirk Cousins came out of their holes for the season... Probably the dumbest people I've ever heard on the radio

Last night leaving the game I get pulled over by a state trooper. Long story but before leaving he says "You do realize Kirk Cousins is the future of that franchise right..." I gave him a blank stare and proceeded to roll up my window. Then he says "RG3 will be traded to the AFC within the next season or 2." At that point all I could do was shake my head and drive away.

I'd really like Cooley to be the new Larry in the box.

Larry is our play-by-play guy. I like Cooley better doing color commentary because of his insight/knowledge of the team and the game itself. Cooley doing play-by-play would take away from all that. Now I wouldn't mind him just completely taking over for Sonny with an occasional 2cents from Doc since Sam has already stepped down.

Giants OL Herman suspended 4 games (The SportsXchange): New York Giants offensive lineman E... http://yhoo.it/1u6X1GI  #NFL #Redskins #DC

We play the Gnats Week 4

Unless some starters get hurt, this won't matter too much to us. Matter of fact, Giants also had a DB to get a 4 game ban too but once again, no impact on the game without injuries because he's a bench warmer.

As of right now, I would anticipate Royster being cut too.  As for the others:

Morris - lock (duh)
Helu - lock (due to pass blocking skills and don't think we'll see any of the young'ns getting too much play in preseason against 1st string D's to show they can do it)
Seastrunk > Thompson (speed kills and you can't teach speed.  plus not a Gruden pick)
Redd (PS, although if we can somehow make room for him, that'd be fine by me)

2 QBs (Griffen, Cousins..  McCoy would have been #2 if a Cousins trade had happened...  which could still occur)

6 WRs (Pierre, Jackson, Roberts & Grant being the locks, leaving room for 2 more which will probably be Moss and Robinson, although I wouldn't be surprised to see either cut)

1 K (Hocker)

:lol: You absolutely right, Bonez. Unfortunately, the Turk will be calling some guys' names that otherwise he wouldn't be. Lots of good competition though, and that's what this franchise needs. I can't stress enough how this is a great problem for this new regime to have. I mean think about it, you could be a Girls' fan. :o:lol:

Let's hope for these guys to keep battling like they have thus far. I'll give you my honest assessment, and that is I was impressed with both Redd and STrunk last night as they ran the ball with purpose and like they wanted it. That's what I expect from these players on this team (and to be honest, we have lacked on this team for awhile).

Now, with that said, it was the 1st preseason game and against 2nd-3rd stringers. So, how much stock can we really place on that sole performance is up to the individual. However, as I've stated, I saw a sense of urgency and purpose with those two that makes me think they (Redd and Strunk) have the edge over Royster. Again, we shall see. It's going to be fun to watch for sure. :D

T-Rex, as a law enforcement officer, I want you to know that I'm not affiliated or associated with that clown. :lol: Plus, he's a state trooper. I'm a county deputy. :ph34r: And that's not my jurisdiction. :P

Otherwise, I can't get the RG3 hate and the whole Cousins love fest. I like Cousins, and think he's a good backup to RG3 with the potential to be a possible starter in this league (just not with this team ;)).

Hopefully you were not issued a citation in this particular incident. Furthermore, I would second the trooper being issued a citation for being an ass (and yes, I'm well aware a lot of my fellow officers are asses :lol:).

As of right now, I would anticipate Royster being cut too.  As for the others:

Morris - lock (duh)

Helu - lock (due to pass blocking skills and don't think we'll see any of the young'ns getting too much play in preseason against 1st string D's to show they can do it)

Seastrunk > Thompson (speed kills and you can't teach speed.  plus not a Gruden pick)

Redd (PS, although if we can somehow make room for him, that'd be fine by me)

2 QBs (Griffen, Cousins..  McCoy would have been #2 if a Cousins trade had happened...  which could still occur)

6 WRs (Pierre, Jackson, Roberts & Grant being the locks, leaving room for 2 more which will probably be Moss and Robinson, although I wouldn't be surprised to see either cut)

1 K (Hocker)

I think there's no doubt that the combo of 1) Moss being a proven veteran and leader of the WR corps and 2) Moss having a fantastic camp and 3) Moss being pulled from the game as quickly as he was = Moss is a lock for the roster.  Theres only 1 spot being fought for IMO unless we're carrying 7 WR.

1. Traffic so bad on 95 that someone needs to blamed for this lol

2.  Favorite 

More

@Rich_Crawford6 no joke, easy 4 hours from Ashburn to Richmond right now.

More

@JLeRibeus: @Rich_Crawford6 no joke, easy 4 hours from Ashburn to Richmond right now.” I'm at 3 already

I think there's no doubt that the combo of 1) Moss being a proven veteran and leader of the WR corps and 2) Moss having a fantastic camp and 3) Moss being pulled from the game as quickly as he was = Moss is a lock for the roster.

You could very well be right, but playing devil's advocate, i can point to him being a little long in the tooth (step-wise) and the drops he's had the last couple of regular seasons when we really needed the catch..   With that said, Moss is the consummate professional and a true Redskin.  If he doesn't make the final 53, he'll be missed and always remembered as one of the greats..

If all things are equal I think you'd have to go for the young guy over Moss.  After all, a fourth receiver probably isn't going to get that much playing time and therefore it'd be better for him to be a higher potential guy.  Moss can still help on teams, but he has maxed his potential and at most has only a year or two left.

You could very well be right, but playing devil's advocate, i can point to him being a little long in the tooth (step-wise) and the drops he's had the last couple of regular seasons when we really needed the catch..   With that said, Moss is the consummate professional and a true Redskin.  If he doesn't make the final 53, he'll be missed and always remembered as one of the greats..

Well that's the thing, apparently he hasn't dropped a thing in camp.  And it wasn't THAT long ago (2012) when he led the team in TD receptions and was absolutely clutch on 3rd down conversions.  He may not be a starter, but he's making this team.

1. Traffic so bad on 95 that someone needs to blamed for this lol

@Rich_Crawford6 no joke, easy 4 hours from Ashburn to Richmond right now.

@JLeRibeus: @Rich_Crawford6 no joke, easy 4 hours from Ashburn to Richmond right now.” I'm at 3 already

95 is always a cluster-eff, no matter what time/day.

CT isn't healthy, neither is Hank. IR and stached.

Redd to the PS, Hoff to the PS.

Royster is gone. I think he has to beat out Helu and he won't.

4 backs, 3 QBs, 6 WRs, 3 TEs, 10 Oline, unless Moses hits the PS. Is 26 the normal amount for the offense ?

Yeah I think we'll carry Hank on the PUP into the season.  He's either IR'd or cut as long as things go to plan.  Unless someone totally wets the bed.  But we have until week 6 to make that call (I believe?... maybe week 4?).

But Redd would have to beat out Helu IMO, too.  Seastrunk is on the roster for me as long as he doesn't gum up the works at all.

You might as well buy Royster a Giants jersey and a bus ticket.

This is where I am hoping that we can make some of those "conditional 7th rounder" trades for whoever we have to jettison.

If I'm a RB (or QB or WR) needy team, you can't tell me that some sort of trade structure that says "if ex-Redskin RB X plays 50% of the snaps", that isn't worth a 6th or 7th rounder the next year.

Plus it gives the Skins more say over where the player goes, as opposed to the possiblity of them going to a division rival or a team we play this year.

The chance for anything in return should always be preferable to just letting talent go I'd think.

More like his AV Equipment broke - so he couldn't get accurate video of our plays from the first half.  That cheating mother****er... I have no respect for him - so it makes me pretty upset when people still get all googoo gaagaa over him being some great coach.

Yeah I think we'll carry Hank on the PUP into the season. He's either IR'd or cut as long as things go to plan. Unless someone totally wets the bed. But we have until week 6 to make that call (I believe?... maybe week 4?).

But Redd would have to beat out Helu IMO, too. Seastrunk is on the roster for me as long as he doesn't gum up the works at all.

You might as well buy Royster a Giants jersey and a bus ticket.

its nice to know we have players that will get cut and signed by other teams. Such a difference.

Are Reed and Gumbs still waiting for us?

Archived