Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Philly - Desean Jackson Was a Problem for Kelly, Eagles Locker Room

Dan T.

Yeah Straw Man arguments are the first sign of a great intellect. 

Enjoy your night.

Btw....you should probably take that distasteful video of that woman being horribly sexually and morally exploited off of your posts....its pretty offensive!  I mean you are a "Redskins" fan, right?  It suggests you are intellectually challenged from the beginning.A cute picture of Groucho Marx, or modern day look alike, does not allow you to operate under cover!

Which is all well and good if that's your philosophy.  It prevents you from holding onto players too much in their decline and wrestling with the sentimentality that sometimes clouds judgments.  However, if this is your philosophy then own up to it.  Don't bad mouth the guy and make excuses... just say we have a strict fiscal policy and we thank him for all he has done, but we're parting ways.

Of course, saying you never intended to honor your legally binding contract may be problematic, but still...

I, also, think if they knew he was going to have a 1332 yards and 9 TDs, they would have signed him to a longer contract.   Their philosophy is to get rid of the player when he's past his prime, not when he's in his prime, like Jackson. They made a mistake on the contract, but they don't want to admit it.  They would rather smear his reputation.

He was such a distraction that the eagles "only" won the conference. I guess I'm in the minority but I'm fully aware he's an edgy player and I don't really care as long as we get out of him for a few years what the Eagles did. If our lockeroom can't handle it then we have bigger issues. He's a Redskin now, clean slate so let's move on.

I find it hilarious that Oregon Ducks Fan is constantly on here lauding Chip Kelly for his ability as a coach.....he was nothing more than a better than average college football coach who cheated in recruiting, and left when he knew sanctions were coming. Furthermore he played in a sub-par Pac 10 and lost to Gene Chizik in the BCS championship. Chizick is a mediocre coach, at best, and now out of football and on a college radio talk show! Kelly won last year with Reid's players.....at best he is unproven!

He's a trolling Eagles fan under the guise of being an Oregon Ducks fan. His constant posting of anti-Desean or pro Eagles news in here makes me want to vomit. I don't usually report posters, but he's getting close to it.

He's a trolling Eagles fan under the guise of being an Oregon Ducks fan. His constant posting of anti-Desean or pro Eagles news in here makes me want to vomit. I don't usually report posters, but he's getting close to it.

Gotta agree...it's not even that he argues pro-Chip, Eagles, or anti-Desean...it's the matter in which he does it.  He REFUSES to acknowledge objective posts by making his opinion come off as fact.  It's beyond annoying.  There are other boards out there where he can talk about the "genius" of Chip Kelly and how awful he thinks Desean is. 

Well; we are the ones who signed him, so I doubt there's anything wrong with the guy attitude wise right????????

The guy is your basic malcontent, who's only interest is himself. Will he change now that he has eat 'in some humble pie? I certainly hope so.......

The good thing is; it's not an unbearable contract!

Yet Riley Cooper got a contract extension.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

If these stories are true, there's probably an argument to be made that at the time Jackson was released, Riley Cooper might've had more supporters on the team than Jackson.  

I want to first say I am in favor of this move as I think DJAX is a very good talent in the prime of his career on a great contract.

But for people to believe he does not associated with Crips gang members are seeing what they choose to. He has thrown up their gang signs, his friends and business associates (Rap Label) include Crips Gang Members. 

And one more thing, his rap label is called Jaccpot Records. The reason there is no 'K' in the Jackpot is because crips wont write a 'K' after a 'C' because it means 'Crip Killer' (Same reason they dont write 'B' w/o crossing it out)

The real hope is that he keeps some of these guys at a distance and matures a little both on and off the field.

HTTR

A couple videos with Desean Jackson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vZMPdagSCU (Ironically he's working out with Fred Davis) :huh:

Not so much passing judgement on the current situation regarding this guy. I just wanted to provide a different perspective than some of the popular negative news. Desean could be a "me" guy and not very liked by his teammate. But so was Lance Armstrong and Steve Jobs. Just sayin'

**** 'em

If these stories are true, there's probably an argument to be made that at the time Jackson was released, Riley Cooper might've had more supporters on the team than Jackson.  

It seems like it. Players seem to have largely forgiven Cooper for the "mistake" he made. Hard to know how many are really on Jackson's side or not.

We will agree to disagree then....you can believe Kelly was a superior college coach and will be a HOF coach in the NFL at some point is fine with me. It is obvious you have no idea what you're talking about! Until you get a clue, being a Kelly apologist is totally fine with me!

You have entirely wayyyyyy too much invested in this. I'd say even more than OGD at this point. Did you really use the word Apologist?

You have entirely wayyyyyy too much invested in this. I'd say even more than OGD at this point. Did you really use the word Apologist?

If investment includes logic and reality to a discussion, then yes I do, but I don't have time to explain further how Kelly has so much to prove in the NFL after coaching in a weak college football conference and losing against a horrible coach in the most important game of his college career.  In the end I don't really care what Rufus and ODF really think.  I heard a quote recently: In order for me to be offended by someone's opinion, I would first have to respect it.

Well he is only here for 3 years anyway and he seems to have hit it off with several of our leaders on the team already.  It usually takes a couple years before issues arise if they do at all and by that time his contract would be winding down and we would just let him walk.  I think with a fresh start for Desean and the love Skins fans will give him and the team compared to the filthy Eagles fans this is a good place for him.  I really think he didn't like Chip Chipperson because I never heard of any issues while he was with the walrus.  That whole Eagles team has a bunch of ****y punks and this team has quality character guys and if they are successful then everybody will be happy.  If he causes problems then cut him.

If investment includes logic and reality to a discussion, then yes I do, but I don't have time to explain further how Kelly has so much to prove in the NFL after coaching in a weak college football conference and losing against a horrible coach in the most important game of his college career. In the end I don't really care what Rufus and ODF really think. I heard a quote recently: In order for me to be offended by someone's opinion, I would first have to respect it.

Your difference of opinion is between

"Chip Kelly is a better than average(your words, I checked) coach" and Rufus's implied sentiment of "Chip Kelly is a pretty good coach" You're using phrases like "being offended" and saying that you can't respect Rufus for having a slightly higher opinion of a coach's abilities. Him thinking that doesn't mean you have to hyperbolically claim he thinks that said coach is HoF bound. Its a little much.

Your difference of opinion is between

"Chip Kelly is a better than average(your words, I checked) coach" and Rufus's implied sentiment of "Chip Kelly is a pretty good coach" You're using phrases like "being offended" and saying that you can't respect Rufus for having a slightly higher opinion of a coach's abilities. Him thinking that doesn't mean you have to hyperbolically claim he thinks that said coach is HoF bound. Its a little much.

Dude, you're way off....I'm not going to debate it anymore...you are twisting the words....I said chip Kelly lost to a horrible college coach, who is now out of football, in the single most important game of his college career.  Malzahn came in after and cleaned up and in his first year went back to a championship with a cast off DB/QB from USC.  It speaks volumes about Kelly's ability to coach in the big games and college.  I also said the jury is still out for Kelly as an NFL coach.  He was above average in college, and not excellent. He coached in a weak conference and beat layup teams for most of his college career.  You should prob discuss with Rufus since you have a similar opinion.  I believe it's totally uninformed based on facts and information.  Show me any facts or info that are different?

Dude, you're way off....I'm not going to debate it anymore...you are twisting the words....

I'm going back to your initial statement. The one you made before all of the incredible leaps in logic to discredit every bit of success the man has had in his short coaching career while elevating Gus Malzahn to a coaching God. The only person who twisted your words was you, and you did it to yourself.

But to put my two cents in on the topic at hand...

I think that DeSean was probably a jerk in the locker room but I don't expect that history to repeat itself in Washington. With a players coach like Gruden and a Locker room that has gone out of its way to have his back I expect this stage of his career to be much calmer.

Releasing all of this is obviously a way to gain cover from fan outrage, and as much as I think Kelly is a solid coach it's still going to have an impact. Maclin if healthy will be a solid possession guy and Cooper is a better deep threat than he gets credit for(16 YPC Career) but scheme only covers up so much in the pros and he's going to learn that this year.

I'm going back to your initial statement. The one you made before all of the incredible leaps in logic to discredit every bit of success the man has had in his short coaching career while elevating Gus Malzahn to a coaching God. The only person who twisted your words was you, and you did it to yourself.

So no real fact's etc?  Typical...you seem to be a Kelly apologist as well....I'm fine with that.  Do you even follow college football?  If so, do you have an allegiance, because I don't.  I'm just a student of the game, and look at things from an objective standpoint.  Additionally, I never discredited his record....he was above average in college....and the jury is still out on his NFL career.  I believe he will be exposed for what he is.....please provide some sort of info, otherwise I'm tired of taking with you and your buddy Rufus.

But to put my two cents in on the topic at hand...

I think that DeSean was probably a jerk in the locker room but I don't expect that history to repeat itself in Washington. With a players coach like Gruden and a Locker room that has gone out of its way to have his back I expect this stage of his career to be much calmer.

Releasing all of this is obviously a way to gain cover from fan outrage, and as much as I think Kelly is a solid coach it's still going to have an impact. Maclin if healthy will be a solid possession guy and Cooper is a better deep threat than he gets credit for(16 YPC Career) but scheme only covers up so much in the pros and he's going to learn that this year.

Also, please don't manipulate my quotes to serve your purposes....it would be best to include everything I'm saying when replying.

Archived