Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Philly - Desean Jackson Was a Problem for Kelly, Eagles Locker Room

Dan T.

So no real fact's etc? Typical...you seem to be a Kelly apologist as well....I'm fine with that. Do you even follow college football? If so, do you have an allegiance, because I don't. I'm just a student of the game, and look at things from an objective standpoint. Additionally, I never discredited his record....he was above average in college....and the jury is still out on his NFL career. I believe he will be exposed for what he is.....please provide some sort of info, otherwise I'm tired of taking with you and your buddy Rufus.

This is ridiculous. The man has won a great deal of games in his short career and put his teams in position to win titles. So far he's been able to translate that on the pro level. It's a results business and he's gotten them. If I'm an apologist for thinking that makes him a pretty good coach then I'm pretty comfortable with that.

I watch plenty of college ball and while I'm pretty neutral my mother lives in Huntsville, AL and roots for the Tide so I've pulled for Auburn the past decade to have fun with her. That makes your justification of why Chip is terrible so enjoyable to me.

Also, please don't manipulate my quotes to serve your purposes....it would be best to include everything I'm saying when replying.

Why? I'm responding to the very first thing you added to the discussion. I don't need to clutter the board up with a large quote box. I'm doing it for aesthetics and to lessen the amount of space taken up on this silly debate, not to manipulate anything you've said.

This is ridiculous. The man has won a great deal of games in his short career and put his teams in position to win titles. So far he's been able to translate that on the pro level. It's a results business and he's gotten them. If I'm an apologist for thinking that makes him a pretty good coach then I'm pretty comfortable with that.

I watch plenty of college ball and while I'm pretty neutral my mother lives in Huntsville, AL and roots for the Tide so I've pulled for Auburn the past decade to have fun with her. That makes your justification of why Chip is terrible so enjoyable to me.

Why? I'm responding to the very first thing you added to the discussion. I don't need to clutter the board up with a large quote box. I'm doing it for aesthetics and to lessen the amount of space taken up on this silly debate, not to manipulate anything you've said.

Again, nobody said he was terrible...you should spend time at the space museum.  All I said was that he is above average and lost the most important game of his career to a radio announcer....Malzahn is the real deal, and was the architect behind that championship.  He was brought back for a reason.  Kelly won in a loser conference.   Sad you cant see this as a Tide fan!  Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia,Florida, and USC  would have decimated Kelly year in and year out, if he had to coach against real competition!

Nobody said he was terrible...you should spend time at the space museum.

You're up in arms at people who think he's currently above average at his job, discrediting his accomplishments based on the conference he coached in and the person he lost in the title game he actually got to, and claiming he's going to be exposed.

You might not have used the word, but it certainly feels implied.

By the way I said I'm an Auburn guy in a Tide family. I might root for an SEC team but I don't discredit the accomplishments of coaches in other conferences, sorry.

And if your think Chip is an awesome coach, pay attention to nest year!  Winning a great deal of games a New Hampshire and then Oregon does not provide cover as a competent NFL coach.  He is suspect at best!

Kelly won in a loser conference. Sad you cant see this as a Tide fan! Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia,Florida, and USC would have decimated Kelly year in and year out, if he had to coach against real competition!

How come all of these superior, real competition teams couldn't beat the terrible radio announcer coach and stop him from going to the NC game?

And if your think Chip is an awesome coach, pay attention to nest year! Winning a great deal of games a New Hampshire and then Oregon does not provide cover as a competent NFL coach. He is suspect at best!

Don't you see how every one of your statements is hyperbolic and all over the map? I've used the phrase "Pretty good" every single time. I think Andy Reid is "Pretty Good" and Lovie Smith are "Pretty Good" and they've only lost titles. It's not exactly a ringing endorsement. I don't know why you think it is.

You're up in arms at people who think he's currently above average at his job, discrediting his accomplishments based on the conference he coached in and the person he lost in the title game he actually got to, and claiming he's going to be exposed.

You might not have used the word, but it certainly feels implied.

By the way I said I'm an Auburn guy in a Tide family. I might root for an SEC team but I don't discredit the accomplishments of coaches in other conferences, sorry.

Don't use implications as your factual basis, it's silly and ludicrous. The only other thing we have to evaluate Kelly on is his college coaching career, and it was not up to task in my opinion.  He beat inferior competition and lost the biggest game of his career to a horrible coach....he would lose again against at least 5 other SEC coaches.  He will be exposed this year.

How come all of these superior, real competition teams couldn't beat the terrible radio announcer coach and stop him from going to the NC game?

Malzaan was the real reason they won!

Don't you see how every one of your statements is hyperbolic and all over the map? I've used the phrase "Pretty good" every single time. I think Andy Reid is "Pretty Good" and Lovie Smith are "Pretty Good" and they've only lost titles. It's not exactly a ringing endorsement. I don't know why you think it is.

You are LOST!!!  There is no hyperbole....provide some facts to counter what I'm saying.

My statement s are very consistent across the board

Don't use implications as your factual basis, it's silly and ludicrous. The only other thing we have to evaluate Kelly on is his college coaching career, and it was not up to task in my opinion. He beat inferior competition and lost the biggest game of his career to a horrible coach....he would lose again against at least 5 other SEC coaches. He will be exposed this year.

Malzaan was the real reason they won!

Why? What is your exact in words opinion of him then. What will he be "exposed" as in your words. You keep using that word without explaining what he'll be exposed as. Because if all you do is minimize and criticize the job someone has done, and repeat that word over and over... it begins to sound like you think they're pretty bad at what they do for a living.

Why? What is your exact in words opinion of him then. What will he be "exposed" as in your words. You keep using that word without explaining what he'll be exposed as. Because if all you do is minimize and criticize the job someone has done, and repeat that word over and over... it begins to sound like you think they're pretty bad at what they do fA

As I have consistently said, he was an above average college coach, who has still to prove himself in the NFL.  He hasn't won anything yet!  I have never said he was bad...in fact, I said he is off to a good start.

As I have consistently said, he was an above average college coach, who has still to prove himself in the NFL. He hasn't won anything yet! I have never said he was bad...if fact, I said he is off to a good start.

Saying someone is above average and then explaining why they weren't up to task as a college coach is logically inconsistent, unless perfection is what you're looking for, in which case I don't know why you aren't tearing apart an SEC coach for losing to an ACC Squad with a Freshman QB by less than a field goal.

Nothing you have claimed is fact. Your opinion is that he's not very good because he lost a very close championship game he coached his team into against a HC who while not great at his job, got to the game as well.

Saying it's a FACT he'd lose 5 games a year in the SEC isn't a FACT at all, and neglects the fact that he'd have to coach in the SEC and recruit SEC players before you could judge them on equal footing.

Also, if you say he'll be exposed this year that means you have an idea of how he'll end up in the pros. You're telling me not to read between the lines so lay it on the table. How is it going to go?

Honestly, you just sound like a bitter SEC Homer. After all you said Saban turned around the Dolphins when in almost any dolphin fan you asks opinion he gutted them of talent and left them high and dry.

Of course that's just their opinion and not a fact, but it's a pretty common opinion. Just like the opinion that Kelly is pretty good at what he does.

Saying someone is above average and then explaining why they weren't up to task as a college coach is logically inconsistent, unless perfection is what you're looking for, in which case I don't know why you aren't tearing apart an SEC coach for losing to an ACC Squad with a Freshman QB by less than a field goal.

Nothing you have claimed is fact. Your opinion is that he's not very good because he lost a very close championship game he coached his team into against a HC who while not great at his job, got to the game as well.

Saying it's a FACT he'd lose 5 games a year in the SEC isn't a FACT at all, and neglects the fact that he'd have to coach in the SEC and recruit SEC players before you could judge them on equal footing.

Also, if you say he'll be exposed this year that means you have an idea of how he'll end up in the pros. You're telling me not to read between the lines so lay it on the table. How is it going to go?

Honestly, you just sound like a bitter SEC Homer. After all you said Saban turned around the Dolphins when in almost any dolphin fan you asks opinion he gutted them of talent and left them high and dry.

Of course that's just their opinion and not a fact, but it's a pretty common opinion. Just like the opinion that Kelly is pretty good at what he does.

You have absolutely zero facts....other than manipulated opinion.  You seriously need to to look at the facts.  The fact are Kelly beat mediocre teams year in and year out and then lost to a mediocre SEC college coach.... you ignore this fact.  It is unfortunate you have blinders on.  Obviously, you have an agenda, as would be anticipated by your previous comments. Kelly is suspect at best, we all know it....good luck trying to prove otherwise!  I am by no means a SEC homer....in fact I have no allegiance to SEC in no form or fashion what so ever!  Gutted them of talent, are you kidding me....he  was there one year and went 9-7....he was on par to make them winners!

Gutted them of talent, are you kidding me....he was there one year and went 9-7....he was on par to make them winners!

Okay. You're a total troll. Claiming opinion as fact trying to have it both ways(he's above average but here's why he's mediocre) so I'm done but to close Nick Saban coached 2 seasons in Miami and went 15-17 while gutting their roster. You could argue it was to fix their cap mess but he gutted that team and drafted terribly to replace what was lost. Just Google phrases like "Saban Dolphins Gutted" to get actual reaction from fans and media. There's a reason why they were a Greg Camarillo TD away from 0-16 the year after he left and it wasn't just because Cam Cameron.

I can only imagine what would have happened had Oregon pulled that out or a different team had won. "That championship doesn't count I mean cmon they beat GENE CHZIK!!"

No offense but calling someone a troll for claiming chip Kelly, a current Philadelphia Eagles coach, is/was terrible on a redskins message board bugs me. I don't care to read people defend his college record on here much like I would not want to see people talk about how good Tony Romo is. It's irritating to be honest, even if you do think he's a good coach. But to each their own. I think he was overrated and benefited from the Nike money and recruiting system that still netted Oregon a top notch team that will stay in the top 25 for years to come. Regardless, he had a good season so far but next season will really determine how good an NFL coach he is.

As for jackson, he does more good than just stats.

You have absolutely zero facts....other than manipulated opinion.  You seriously need to to look at the facts.  The fact are Kelly beat mediocre teams year in and year out and then lost to a mediocre SEC college coach.... you ignore this fact.  

weird. kinda like the eagles last year. 

No offense but calling someone a troll for claiming chip Kelly, a current Philadelphia Eagles coach, is/was terrible on a redskins message board bugs me. I don't care to read people defend his college record on here much like I would not want to see people talk about how good Tony Romo is. It's irritating to be honest, even if you do think he's a good coach.

It is fine to disagree with someone's opinion that Kelly is a "pretty good" coach, but it doesn't matter that it bugs you that someone says he is here.  In fact, it is kind of juvenile that it does bug you to the point that you felt you needed to post about it, and indirectly ridicule people who aren't just blind homers. This board is set up for people to share their opinions and debate them fairly and friendly. Having someone put someone down, regardless of what team that person plays for or coaches, without using any facts and refusing to acknowledge facts that are presentered by others to counter those opinions, is by definition trolling. Hanging on to lies, misrepresented opinions, and hyperbole, regardless of who or what it is about, shouldn't be tolerated by anyone, never mind Redskins fans who are supposed to be part of one of the most knowledgeable and insightful fan-bases in the league. If you would rather read smearing lies about our rival teams than use facts and integrity, I suggest you befriend the trolls and start your own board.

As for me, I'm not a fan of Kelly's and I hope he does prove to be less than good at the NFL level.  Years from now we might be able to look back and say that his first year was an anomoly due to their schedule, but the fact is that, as it now stands, he won his division his first year in the NFL, sweeping the Redskins very easily in the process.  Only time will tell, but currently, the facts are stacked in his favor of being a "pretty good" coach.

No offense but calling someone a troll for claiming chip Kelly, a current Philadelphia Eagles coach, is/was terrible on a redskins message board bugs me.

To be honest this started because I was bugged that he was telling posters he can't respect them, and using absurd language like "Apologist" and "Agenda" to describe what seemed at the time to be a small difference of opinion between he and a poster whose thoughts I believe to be valid. My apologies, I had no intention of turning it into a lengthy defense of a rival coaches record. Then he started talking out of both sides of his mouth about Kelly's abilities/accomplishments so I went for it.

Chip being a failure would be wonderful, as we are division rivals but I'm not going to let that cloud what I think of his abilities and speak honestly about what I think he'll do, which is be in the mix in December for the division title most years. Doesn't mean he's going to Canton...

That's why the contract we gave DJax was brilliant.  Dude still has a lot to play for..he's in a double contract year and low risk on the Skins part.  

I also LOVE that the word is spreading through the NFL media that DJax was supposedly a A-Hole in the locker room. It's not some myth within the Philly organization. Now it's all out in the open, and he knows the kind of scrutiny he will face if it get's out that he's a jerk in the Skins locker room. He should be encouraged to prove the nay sayers wrong. 

Although Chad Dukes pisses me off most times, this is Philly's version of Chad unedited:

I think the second one is hilirious!

**** 'em

NO, that was 821 seconds of hilarious...........half way through, sorry I've been drinking........No **** :o

For the record...I never misrepresented facts or "talked out of both sides of my mouth." In fact all the facts are on my side.  I simply said Kelly was an above average college coach with a lot to prove in the NFL.  I also said he had a good first year, but his record in college was suspect due to below average competition, including the coach he lost to in the biggest game of his career.  Calling me a "Troll" is ridiculous, at best.  It is perfectly reasonable to refer to others willing to anoint Kelly as some sort of genius or superior NFL coach as absurd or apologists with no track record in the NFL.  I'm willing to bet this year doesn't go as planned for the Chipper!

Archived