Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Philly - Desean Jackson Was a Problem for Kelly, Eagles Locker Room

Dan T.

Like I've been saying someone in Philly ****ed up big time and we will take him. I would have never imagined we'd be going into this season with DeSean Jackson and not having to give up a draft pick. Kelly is an idiot and can't wait to play them.

I'm loving the fact that DeSean signed with us and didn't try to leverage by going to other teams that wanted him. I think it shows that he really wanted to sign with us, and a big part of it would no doubt be to get revenge on the team that dropped him in his prime. If I were the E-gals, I would be afraid. Someone made a huge mistake. It may very well be their new coach, Tubby McPhatterson. I've never been impressed with him. Especially not now.

this article is B.S. djax hasn't said anything negative about the team and has absolutely been a professional about his release from the eagles. i hope djax torches his old team to prove they made a big f****ing mistake releasing him. Go skins!

Eagles are going after a top 10 WR really soon. My source is my neighbors bar owning Buddy in philthy(they are bird fans). He had a convo with someone in the eagles front office and told him,"we are gonna be making a deal for a top 10 WR in the next two weeks".

True story. Just seen it yesterday. Makes sense now why they let him go. Can't afford to pay DJ and whoever they going for. Plus Chip wants big WR, DJ isn't. Hence Chip could not tell DJ or anyone why he just wanted to move on with no other reason on why.

If this is true then 1) I'm a better reporter than anyone in philly. 2) DJ isn't as bad as advertised. 3) Chris Carter will be shown to be right.

Rigggght. They are just gonna go out and deal for a top 10 receiver, easy as that.  It they are proposing any type of trade to another team they will lose big time.  Good luck with that Eagles.  Not going to happen unless they give up the farm. Damage control.  HTTR

So Jackson was a distraction and didn't listen to anyone but he had more catches and yards last year than he ever had and the Eagles won the division, does this make sense?

Of course it makes sense because it was the first and only year he had Chip Kelly as his head coach. DeSean's production had been steadily declining during the previous four years under Andy Reid:

2009: 62 receptions 1,156 yards 9 TDs receiving and 2 TDs on punt returns

2010: 47 receptions 1,056 yards 6 TDs

2011: 58 receptions 961 yards 4 TDs

2012: 45 receptions 700 yards 2 TDs

I would love to see the headline in 2014....DeSean Jackson scores 4 touchdowns as the Redskins romp over the Eagles en route to a 52-7 drubbing to win the NFC East Division title.

That would indeed be quite remarkable because DeSean has scored more than one TD in a game only three times in his entire career. In two games he caught 1 touchdown and returned 1 punt for a touchdown. He caught 2 touchdowns in one game only once in his career, last year against Tampa Bay. He has never scored more than 2 touchdowns in a game.

In fact, in 49 out of the 76 games (64%) DeSean played under Andy Reid, he didn't score any touchdowns. Even during his career year last year under Chip Kelly, he didn't score in 9 out of the 17 games he played in.

Show one, just one source (article, video, etc. ) that even insinuates that Cooper was/is a diva, a locker room cancer, and/or a malcontent to his teammates and coaches.  Until then, stop about Riley Cooper's extension.  The situations are apples to carrots in comparison.  Cooper said some stupid things while drunk, something that no other player or person has ever done, I know, but he still had the full support of his team, even those that are African American.  One drunken incident does not a personality make.   A full season (if not as many as six) of bad attitude and disrespect is another story.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2013/09/cary_williams-riley_cooper_fight.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Riley-Cooper-would-have-gotten-more-than-a-fine-if-Andy-Reid-was-coach-one-Eagles-player-said.html

There is two among many.  Coopers comments caused a media frenzy which caused a huge distraction during training camp.  It also caused a fight at practice in front of the media which made things worse.  Also teammates weren't ready to forgive Cooper and caused divisiveness in the locker room.  Isn't that what a locker room cancer is?  Now whether he is racist is debatable but he was caught on video making racist comments....there is no video of Desean doing illegal gang activities.  BTW, read the first article and see who was there to console Cooper and defend him.

Coopers comments caused a media frenzy which caused a huge distraction during training camp.

During training camp is correct. It was pretty much a non-issue once the season began.

Michael Vick said working through that adversity actually brought the team closer together.

"What we went through brought us closer together. I think it brought us closer as a team. Once we got through that, we knew we could get through anything. I think he's definitely become a better player because of the issue. Maybe it was a way for him to get the best out of himself."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10155320/nfl-hot-read-how-riley-cooper-put-slur-past

LeSean McCoy thinks it is behind them.

LeSean McCoy: ‘All The Guys I Talk To Love Riley Cooper’

The way I see things there are 3 outcomes of this whole situation.

1. Desean has a great year for the Redskins and Chip looks like a fool. Skins win the division and the pitchforks come out in Philly.

2. Desean has a not so great year, possibly gets emotional over a loss and media says I told you so! Chip feels it was a good move. Skins don't win the division here.

3. Desean doesn't have a GREAT year, but is no slouch and helps the skins win the division. In this scenario Desean shows flashes and makes a few plays but buys in to a TEAM winning instead of his own stats.

Sure different things could happen (injury, meltdown, finger pointing) but these are three distinct possibilities I can see playing out.

Anyway looking forward to the start of the season

HTTR :)

What I see in the interview and elsewhere isa black guy who's a bit of an introvert and doesn't always fit in on a team full of racists. Yeah that guy is gonna have some struggles. Bfd, dude still played hard even ina tough ass situation like that. I'll take him.

Well here is hoping Mesean Jaccson catches a lot of greedy self serving touchdowns thrown by RG-Me and together they selfishly win the NFC East in furtherance of their own agendas.  I'll do my best to stomach watching their exploits, all the while knowing that they do it all for brightly colored socks and street violence.  

During training camp is correct. It was pretty much a non-issue once the season began.

Michael Vick said working through that adversity actually brought the team closer together.

LeSean McCoy thinks it is behind them.

LeSean McCoy: ‘All The Guys I Talk To Love Riley Cooper’

Yeah, cause when it comes to team building the first player I think of is Michael Vick.  Such a great teammate and citizen.

Well here is hoping Mesean Jaccson catches a lot of greedy self serving touchdowns thrown by RG-Me and together they selfishly win the NFC East in furtherance of their own agendas.  I'll do my best to stomach watching their exploits, all the while knowing that they do it all for brightly colored socks and street violence.  

And the Subway cold cuts. Can't go poppin' fools and marking territory on an empty stomach...

Yeah, cause when it comes to team building the first player I think of is Michael Vick.  Such a great teammate and citizen.

Actually, Michael Vick was roundly praised by everyone for the way he conducted himself last year. The press, teammates, coaches, and the front office had nothing but good things to say about him. When the press tried to stir the pot about possible tension between Vick and Foles over who was going to be the starting quarterback after Vick was injured they held an unusual joint appearance before the press corps to talk about how much they supported each other.

real-smiles.jpg

Vick was one of the first players to support Riley Cooper after the incident, and his talk about forgiveness and giving people a second chance carried a lot of weight given Vick's own history.

Results speak louder than words. Jackson is a proven commodity and no effort was made by the coaching staff to discipline the man. If he were a severe locker room distraction, I would hope that they would have made an effort.

The fact that their story keeps changing by the day is hilarious. My opinion is that the Eagles are shook and they have nothing but bullcrap excuses to cover up Kelly's lack of interest in connecting with another player. His inability to make that relationship work will ultimately be our gain.

Does anyone here think the Eagles are going to be a better without Jackson? I sure don't. That's a move that can plunge them to the bottom of the division again, and a move that can accelerate the Redskins back to division champs. I don't care what the reasons were for Philly to release him, I'm just glad they did. 

You're right. Everyone who has ever used that word is automatically a racist. The entire NFL must be made up of nothing but racists, since the use of that word is so rampant that they had to consider penalizing it out of the game. SMH!

So, have you done something similar?  When a normal white person gets drunk, it's understandable for them to call people racial epithets? 

I find it hilarious that Oregon Ducks Fan is constantly on here lauding Chip Kelly for his ability as a coach.....he was nothing more than a better than average college football coach who cheated in recruiting, and left when he knew sanctions were coming.  Furthermore he played in a sub-par Pac 10 and lost to Gene Chizik in the BCS championship.  Chizick is a mediocre coach, at best, and now out of football and on a college radio talk show!  Kelly won last year with Reid's players.....at best he is unproven!

The smear campaign is real. Antone else notice that these new stories started dropping right after the NFLPA said it was going to investigate the NJ reports?

What did Antone have to do with it? 

in-living-color-season-3--200505260.jpg

The timing is less then ludicrous, but more than curious.  

I find it hilarious that Oregon Ducks Fan is constantly on here lauding Chip Kelly for his ability as a coach.....he was nothing more than a better than average college football coach who cheated in recruiting, and left when he knew sanctions were coming.  Furthermore he played in a sub-par Pac 10 and lost to Gene Chizik in the BCS championship.  Chizick is a mediocre coach, at best, and now out of football and on a college radio talk show!  Kelly won last year with Reid's players.....at best he is unproven!

Well Chip did beat the Packers and a couple teams that just missed the playoffs.

Seriously? Believe all that if it makes you feel better.

Oregon was 46-7 (.868) under Chip Kelly. PAC-12 Conference Champions 3 out of 4 years he was head coach. They went to a BCS bowl game all four years he was head coach, winning two of them. During Chip Kelly's 4 years as head coach the Oregon Ducks were 1st in the FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) in scoring at 44.7 points per game and 3rd in yards at 501 total yards per game. Oregon was 1st in the FBS in explosive plays of 20+ yards (325) and 1st in yards per rush (6.0) during Kelly's 4 years.

Kelly's awards include:

2009 Pac-10 Coach of the Year

2010 Pac-10 Coach of the Year

2010 Associated Press Coach of the Year

2010 Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year

2010 Walter Camp Coach of the Year

2010 Sporting News Coach of the Year

2010 AFCA Coach of the Year

2013 Maxwell Club Coach of the Year

"Better than average college football coach" LOL

The NCAA sanctions report made it clear that Kelly did not commit any infractions himself, but they penalized him for not monitoring his program more closely. The sanctions amounted to a slap on the wrist with loss of only one scholarship and no bowl ban. Kelly was actively recruited by three NFL teams long before the sanctions came out, and he almost stayed at Oregon, turning down the Eagles at first and announcing he would be staying at Oregon, until reconsidering and with an additional effort by the Eagles finally being successful at luring him away.

Oregon did indeed lose the 2011 National Championship game 22-19 on a last-second field goal to an Auburn team led by Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton. The winning field goal was set up by a fluke play where an Auburn runner appeared to be down and the play over, but he wasn't down (the runner had rolled over the tackler without his knee touching the ground). The runner got up and ran for 37 yards, setting up the game-winning field goal.

Of course Kelly won with Reid's players - he couldn't turn over the entire roster in one year. But he went 10-6 with essentially the same players that went 4-12 the previous year under Andy Reid.

Seriously? Believe all that if it makes you feel better.

• Oregon was 46-7 (.868) under Chip Kelly. PAC-12 Conference Champions 3 out of 4 years he was head coach. They went to a BCS bowl game all four years he was head coach, winning two of them. During Chip Kelly's 4 years as head coach the Oregon Ducks were 1st in the FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) in scoring at 44.7 points per game and 3rd in yards at 501 total yards per game. Oregon was 1st in the FBS in explosive plays of 20+ yards (325) and 1st in yards per rush (6.0) during Kelly's 4 years.

Kelly's awards include:

2009 Pac-10 Coach of the Year

2010 Pac-10 Coach of the Year

2010 Associated Press Coach of the Year

2010 Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year

2010 Walter Camp Coach of the Year

2010 Sporting News Coach of the Year

2010 AFCA Coach of the Year

2013 Maxwell Club Coach of the Year

"Better than average football coach" LOL

• The NCAA sanctions report made it clear that Kelly did not commit any infractions himself, but they penalized him for not monitoring his program more closely. The sanctions amounted to a slap on the wrist with loss of only one scholarship and no bowl ban. Kelly was actively recruited by three NFL teams long before the sanctions came out, and he almost stayed at Oregon, turning down the Eagles at first and announcing he would be staying at Oregon, until reconsidering and with an additional effort by the Eagles finally being successful at luring him away.
  • Oregon did indeed lose the 2011 National Championship game 22-19 on a last-second field goal to an Auburn team led by Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton. The winning field goal was set up by a fluke play where an Auburn runner appeared to be down and the play over, but he wasn't down (the runner had rolled over the tackler without his knee touching the ground). The runner got up and ran for 37 yards, setting up the game-winning field goal.
  • Of course Kelly won with Reid's players - he couldn't turn over the entire roster in one year. But he went 10-6 with essentially the same players that went 4-12 the previous year under Andy Reid.

Pac 10/12 is a second class conference......ask Chizik

Archived