Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Sources: DeMarcus Ware may be cut

Boss_Hogg

Cap hell for the Turds:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000328958/article/demarcus-ware-could-be-released-jerry-jones-says

The Cowboys are estimated to be nearly $21 million over the salary cap. Scheduled to earn $16 million this season, cutting Ware would chop $7.4 million off the books.

"There's no question when you are where we are on the cap, even though we've had some new cap space added, and you have a defensive player that's your highest-paid defensive player, and he hasn't been on the field much the last two years, that has to be considered," Jones told ESPN on Monday, per The Dallas Morning News. "You can't have it all."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/02/26/cutting-demarcus-ware-1of-4-cowboys-options/

But sources tell me that DeMarcus Ware’s future in Dallas can be boiled down to a hard-but-true catchphrase: "Pay Cut or Be Cut."

http://fansided.com/2014/02/26/demarcus-ware-refuses-take-pay-cut-will-released/#!xIhEZ

*According to a report from Howard Eskin, Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Ware is refusing to take a pay cut as the team tries to restructure his contract. That more than likely means Ware will become a cap casualty and released by Dallas.

* Howard Eskin has been wrong more than he's been right. So I would say the chances of Ware getting the boot are 50/50.

Unless Orakpo leaves, I don't see a spot for him here at all. It would be Jason Taylor part deux.

Dude we gave up a 2nd for taylor that was the issue.  It could turn out to be a AH that was a free agent or maybe a bruce smith . 

DWare is a beast when healthy.  I'd welcome him. 

Age has caught up to him. Same with injuries.

I guarantee you though, if Ware goes to a team like Seattle or SF, he'll lead the league in Sacks or be top 3.

He just doesn't have the weapons on our defense to do much. But with the defense we had last year, Reggie White, Bruce Smith or any defensive legend couldn't have done much.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they cut Romo sits to pee?

Anyway, my inner Vinny is intrigued in Ware replacing Orakpo. I know it would probably be stupid along the lines of Jason Taylor, but I can't help but wonder. :P

No that wouldn't be awesome at all. As a Redskins fan I like that Romo sits to pee is the Cowboys QB (He's good but seriously flawed and the Cowboys can't really fix the position as long as he's there).

Not really sure where he's going to go. I only see two options for him. He either goes to an idot/suckass team that is looking for starpower, or he goes to a team that is a couple pieces away from being a contender, and is willing to take on his contract.

Arizona?

Don't see him going to Seattle (can they even afford him?). Maybe New England? San Diego?

Dallas just restructured Romo sits to pee,Lee,and Scandrick...What a bunch of idiots..lol. Romo sits to pee will be the highest paid QB next year

How is that stupid?

We are under the cap and the cap goes up over 150 million in two years?

Not really sure where he's going to go. I only see two options for him. He either goes to an idot/suckass team that is looking for starpower, or he goes to a team that is a couple pieces away from being a contender, and is willing to take on his contract.

Arizona?

Don't see him going to Seattle (can they even afford him?). Maybe New England? San Diego?

He will be lucky to get 5-6 per year on the market, his best bet is it cut his cap down some and stay.

How is that stupid?

He will be lucky to get 5-6 per year on the market, his best bet is it cut his cap down some and stay.

He'll get more than 5-6 because pass rusher is almost non-existent in the FA market and contracts have been going up very recently. I don't think he'll get the 12.5 he'd expecting, but wouldn't be surprised to see 9-10 with 1-2 mil of it being incentive based and the contract being 1 year.

How is that stupid?

Lol he's the best player on your team. You cut the best and rewarded mediocrity. That's why it's stupid.

How is that stupid?

Lol he's the best player on your team. You cut the best and rewarded mediocrity. That's why it's stupid.

Not anymore. Hatcher was a much better player the past two seasons.

Ware is no where near the caliber of a player he was two years ago. He's again, beaten and breaking down fast.

Ware is no where near the caliber of a player he was two years ago. He's again, beaten and breaking down fast.

Im hoping that they end up keeping Ware. Takes up a good bit of cap space and is definitely on the down turn.

Archived