Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 35 Left Tackles in the NFL

smithmal

Wait,..what?! Shanny did right? Could it be true?

You took the words out of my mouth with that comment!!!  I recall the concern when we drafted Trent over the Seattle LT...think we came out ahead on that choice.

That is well deserved recognition...and they are correct in that he does not receive the kudos that his play warrants....

But what I really like about Trent is his nasty streak when he is playing.  He is not afraid to confront the opposition....even after the game (remember Richard Sherman encounter).  He is the guy you want watching your back....especially if your name is Robert Griffin III.  Glad he is on our team, and glad that he learned his lesson after his suspension, and amended his priorities.......

You took the words out of my mouth with that comment!!!  I recall the concern when we drafted Trent over the Seattle LT...think we came out ahead on that choice.

That is well deserved recognition...and they are correct in that he does not receive the kudos that his play warrants....

But what I really like about Trent is his nasty streak when he is playing.  He is not afraid to confront the opposition....even after the game (remember Richard Sherman encounter).  He is the guy you want watching your back....especially if your name is Robert Griffin III.  Glad he is on our team, and glad that he learned his lesson after his suspension, and amended his priorities.......

Hey...You couldn't go wrong with either. Okung is a monster in his own right too! He's on a SB winning team as the starting LT. I think he could have won here too. TW71 is in my opinion the best in the biz!

Trent deserved it.  He shuts down EVERYONE, has a mean streak a mile wide, and opens holes in the run game just as large.  I hope he starts making the All-Pro roster in addition to the Pro-Bowl roster, he deserves it, and would love to see him with a half dozen pro-bowls and several all-pro awards before he retires.

I hate when they do these things on BR in slideshow format.

Yeah, they make it more trouble than it's worth.

This is the same website that ranked Montgomery as a top 5 center a year ago.

So then what, Trent's not even a top 20 LT?  You can obviously make arguments for other names on that list and rightfully so, but lets not act like them rating Trent as #1 is downright stupidity.  Just as someone else mentioned, he shuts everyone down, and most of the time doesn't have the luxury of other teams playing mediocre DE's....he plays against studs every single game.

I usually don't agree with much that Matt Miller writes on BR, but he finally has it right with Trent Williams here. Trent is definitely deserving as the #1 left tackle in the NFL. I just don't believe many people think about him since he was on a 3-13 team last year and the rest of the offensive line stunk. Let's just get a better supporting cast around him to protect #10.

This is the same website that ranked Montgomery as a top 5 center a year ago.

Is it possible that, a year ago, he was? 

I mean, they made it very clear, in this list, that the list was entirely about what the player had done, individually, in strictly the previous year.  Other years, career achievements, future potential, supposedly don't count. 

Glad he is on our team, and glad that he learned his lesson after his suspension, and amended his priorities.......

I really like your entire post but thought this should get special mention.

What a difference between him and Fred Davis. His suspension was clearly an immature mistake but he not only has learned from it, he appearently uses it to drive him to be better. I remember an article early into his suspension where he said you don't realize what you have until it is taken away. Many people scoffed. But he took that to heart, was true to his word, and is now being justly rewarded.

For the record any of the top 4 or 5 could make a strong argument for #1. But there is no argument all belonging in the top 5, including Trent. I am glad at least for this article Trents name came out on top!!  He deserves every bit of praise!!   

Okay, let's presume this is true and Trent is the best LT in the league... does that mean when we compare him to the rest of the failure of the OL last year, that we are seeing that much more of a gap, and maybe the OL isn't quite as bad as we perceive it to be?

Surprised that there were 35 left tackles in a 32 team league that started at least 7 games last year? I'm not.

Surprised that there were 35 "TOP" tackles in a 32 team league, yes I am. Who were the 35 bottom tackles in the league? lol. Cmon Cali this is another oped piece from Bleah, any of us could write a column over there. 

Archived