Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 35 Left Tackles in the NFL

smithmal

He's going to want big money when the time comes. Worth every penny though. 

Yeah, JPeters just got a nice extension:

PHILADELPHIA -- Jason Peters who has returned to Pro Bowl form after two devastating Achilles injuries, agreed to a five-year, $51.3 million contract with the Eagles on Wednesday.

Peters, 32, was entering the final year of a contract that would have paid him $10 million in salary and bonuses for 2014. The new deal adds four years and $41.3 million, including $19.55 million in guaranteed money, Peters' agent told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10519888/jason-peters-philadelphia-eagles-agree-513-million-contract

Yeah, JPeters just got a nice extension:

PHILADELPHIA -- Jason Peters who has returned to Pro Bowl form after two devastating Achilles injuries, agreed to a five-year, $51.3 million contract with the Eagles on Wednesday.

Peters, 32, was entering the final year of a contract that would have paid him $10 million in salary and bonuses for 2014. The new deal adds four years and $41.3 million, including $19.55 million in guaranteed money, Peters' agent told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10519888/jason-peters-philadelphia-eagles-agree-513-million-contract

Wow. That contract seems over the top imo. 

I really like your entire post but thought this should get special mention.

What a difference between him and Fred Davis. His suspension was clearly an immature mistake but he not only has learned from it, he appearently uses it to drive him to be better. I remember an article early into his suspension where he said you don't realize what you have until it is taken away. Many people scoffed. But he took that to heart, was true to his word, and is now being justly rewarded.

For the record any of the top 4 or 5 could make a strong argument for #1. But there is no argument all belonging in the top 5, including Trent. I am glad at least for this article Trents name came out on top!!  He deserves every bit of praise!!   

I agree.....I started to mention Davis, but figured that everyone would get the implied comparison.  I am a firm believer in second chances for folks....you screw up, take your punishment...then learn and move on.  Trent took that to heart....whereas Fred is just a screw-up apparently......one of those that gets some $$$, and football becomes a low priority in their life.  Ashame as well, because Davis was a good TE for us...when healthy and not on suspension or in the HC doghouse..... 

Russel Okung (The Seahawks LT) is pretty good too, I'd say overall Trent Williams has been more consistent, but Okung also got off to a bad start because of injuries, he has come around though and is a solid LT, but I still think we drafted the better guy in hindsight and this is coming from someone who initially wanted us to draft Okung.

I'm amused by how this board suddenly loves Bleacher Report, as if it hasn't been **** on countless times.  Guess all they had to do was speak nicely about one of our players once.  I wish I could have a parallel universe view here, only with the article ranking Williams somewhere like 7th, just to see the ****ing, and how much Bleacher Report sucks.  For comparison's sake only ;)  

I'm amused by how this board suddenly loves Bleacher Report, as if it hasn't been **** on countless times. Guess all they had to do was speak nicely about one of our players once. I wish I could have a parallel universe view here, only with the article ranking Williams somewhere like 7th, just to see the ****ing, and how much Bleacher Report sucks. For comparison's sake only ;)

Even a dumb ass like Matt Miller gets it right some times. But yeah of course we are biased, this is a redskins site haha.

Trent is easily the best LT in the league right now. His blend of size, strength, agility and speed make him a truly elite franchise Left Tackle. Hopefully he doesn't get the Orakpo treatment when his contract is up. Lol.

No way will they balk at it like they are with Rak. Trent plays like the best LT in the NFL and will want to be paid as such. Rak wants to be paid as though he is the best pass rusher in the NFL, but he isn't. Also, elite LTs are a rarer commodity than good pass rushers. 

Archived