Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you agree with shutting down RG3?

Bonez3

Shut down RG3  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with shutting him down?

I think at this point in the season what's the point in letting him play? Play for what? He can get his workout over the off season. If he plays these last 3 meaningless games and get injured this whole fanbase will have a collective aneurysm.."why did they play him?" "why was he in there for those meaningless games"? "whose idea was it for him to play the remainder of the season?"  "sabotage"...

So sit the guy..preserve him for next season...let him get his stuff together over the off season and during training camp...

Oh, the premiss is right. 

The lying, underhand, B/S reason from the man doing it isn't. 

Hail. 

What if RG3 got injured in three meaningless games... teh best thing that could happen to him is going into the offseason 100%... that's it... and Kurt gets experience...

RG3 lost an offseason because he was rehabbing... lost the opportunity to expand the offense... lost good form, lost passing rythm... lost explosion... technique, etc.

Sure, why not find out what kind of value you can get for Cousins? The Redskins need help in so many other areas that if they can get some good value from trading Cousins, it might just help somewhere else. (Other position) 

I really have no idea how this team has fallen soo low from winning the division last year and really keeping the majority of the team over the off-season. I still believe Shanny is a decent coach, which leads me to believe the stories are true that there is too much interference from the owner Dan Snyder. The team looks like it has given up playing.  Looking back I remember when this team was making the playoffs every couple years, or even the Superbowl- in the 80's. Early 90's weren't too bad but late 90's to current has been horrible. And that IS and understatement. I hate to say this but this team currently resembles more of the Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions than that of the 80's Redskins team. It is a sad day.

"when in fact there isn't"?  So what "facts" do you have to prove there are no ulterior motives?

Who knows there may be ulterior motives, but none of this has been stated or proven, its all being made by the media as of now.

Remember the controversy of NOT removing RG3 from teh Seattle game?  Treat the last 3 games as the Seattle game, take the guy out, play it safe, imagine if he keeps him in again and he gets re-injured, disaster.  He is avoiding that by benching him

You dont shut down a 2nd year franchise QB unless he's injured. He needs the reps. Period. 

At this point it is a given that one of these 2 guys is getting traded after this season. Kurt gets 3 games to earn a starting gig somewhere. Maybe here. If they think he's our future I would not be shocked to never see RG3 in a Skins uniform again. What a nightmare this piece of **** franchise has become. 

If they think he's our future I would not be shocked to never see RG3 in a Skins uniform again. What a nightmare this piece of **** franchise has become. 

Who are "they?" The owner that considers RG3 a good friend, or the coach that will likely be unemployed in under a month?

I wouldn't worry about it.

You dont shut down a 2nd year franchise QB unless he's injured. He needs the reps. Period. 

At this point it is a given that one of these 2 guys is getting traded after this season. Kurt gets 3 games to earn a starting gig somewhere. Maybe here. If they think he's our future I would not be shocked to never see RG3 in a Skins uniform again. What a nightmare this piece of **** franchise has become. 

Thats not entirely true;  look around the league at the star QBs who are injured, now look at their replacements. If anything, i'd want a competent QB backing up my starter, just to not have to suffer through what teams like GB are going through with their back-ups.

Now, if a team approaches the Redskins looking to get Cousins, and its a nice deal, one that could hardly be turned down, then its worth it.

I'm confused here... why do some of you think putting in Cousins is just Shanny's way of looking to get fired by Dan? What makes you think having RGIII in for the next 3 weeks would change his mind and retain Mike? That's it? That's the last straw? Really? You mean the whole season, the last four weeks, and ESPECIALLY the Chiefs debacle hasn't gotten the Dan to start thinking that maybe a change needs to be made... $7mil. or no $7mil.?

I just would have liked Shanny to say it is also partially for performance for whatever reason....as well and wanting him to get/be healthy...

I mean we are 3-13 and our team is playing poortly and getting piss poor QB play.

Kirk and the team deserve to see Kirk play.

Why just anoint RG3??? It's a disservice,  make him feel like he needs to earn and keep that job with great QB play and winning games...

Superstar/Celebrity, King Boss anointed one, doesn't help the "team" at all...as we see...

Who knows there may be ulterior motives, but none of this has been stated or proven, its all being made by the media as of now.

Remember the controversy of NOT removing RG3 from teh Seattle game?  Treat the last 3 games as the Seattle game, take the guy out, play it safe, imagine if he keeps him in again and he gets re-injured, disaster.  He is avoiding that by benching him

If Shanny was so concerned about RG3's health (which he has stated is the reason for benching him) then why did he play him last week against KC on a crappy field in snow, sleet and freezing rain?  I'm sorry, I just don't believe him.

I'm all for preserving RG3's health.  I was in the minority at the beginning of the season as one of the few that wanted him NOT to play for at least the first 4 games or more because I didn't think he would be ready. Considering what this team gave up to get Robert I really do want him to succeed,...so protecting him is the most important thing.  It's the timing I find odd.

If RG3 is 100% why is he wearing a leg brace? I believe the company line was he would wear it all year to support his leg. Whatever the reason (political, health or lack of mechanics), this year is in the can. I'm good with benching him the last three games. It also wouldn't bother me if Shanny is benched from coaching this team.

RG III has not been a very good QB this year. So yes. Besides, I did not like the whole recovery thing, the whole "ready for week 1" thing. He should haven given his body more time to heal. Handsight... I know

However, I would not be surprised if the Shannys AND Kirk end up in Houston in 2014. Maybe the Shannys want to give their new starting QB playing time. Maybe RG III was handpicked by the owner whereas Kirk was the choice of both Shanahans. 

120 votes buying into the rats rhetoric and voting yes. 

So I ask what I've just asked in another thread and got no answer to.

When has a 100% healthy (by Shanahan's own admission), franchise QB ever been sat the last three games of a season?

This is nothing more than self serving B/S in his power play against Snyder. 

And it's nottin' shy of an absolute disgrace.

Hail. 

No matter what is on your (or Mike's) list of what you want RG3 to do better, it's a better use of his time to practice that during these last 3 games that being inactive. That means hes not dressed and DOESN'T EVEN WARM UP before the game.

Not throwing the quick slant well on a 3-step drop? Riddle that throughout the gameplan. Go 2-man route and max protect if you have to.

Not running the double sticks setup like Cooley alluded to? Run that a bunch. Again, go max protect if you have to.

If they're willing to throw these games away basically, they should be willing to throw them away while practicing what needs worked on.

If he's not progressing enough as a pocket passer, then install an option-free gameplan for 3 games. THREE GAMES AGAINST POOR DEFENSES. 150+ SNAPS OF GOOD EXPERIENCE WASTED.

And although he's a lunatic, John Madden agrees with me

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/11/john-madden-rgiii-shutdown-is-baloney/

Insane to shut him down. I'm not a huge Griffin supporter either. What NFL team shuts down their QB once their season is over? So will Griffin be shut down every year once eliminated from playoffs so he doesn't get injured? There's no rational. You don't see Matt Ryan being shut down, you didn't see Big Ben shut down last season or this season. This move is unheard of in the NFL. You play your young so-called franchise QB as much as possible to get him experience. 

So for the next 3 weeks, Griffin will NOT be doing anything to gain experience. He's not going to receive any reps during practice, they (coaches) won't spend time with him in reviewing game films as they'll be busy preparing #1 Cousins and #2 Grossman. This is just nonsense. 3 NFL games of teaching and learning are being wasted by this dick of a human being.

Archived