Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you agree with shutting down RG3?

Bonez3

Shut down RG3  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with shutting him down?

I don't believe that at all that Shanahan's gonna be on the hook every time RG3 comes up lame now. Shanahan can't always be blamed when RG3 gets hurts playing tackle football. If Griffin got hurt in the normal course of football, so be it.

So let's say all of the news that ES drama queens love is true, if Griff got hurt really bad in one of these last three games , Shanny would have been blamed for destroying Griffs career. Benching him now protects him from being everyone's scape goat.

So let's say all of the news that ES drama queens love is true, if Griff got hurt really bad in one of these last three games , Shanny would have been blamed for destroying Griffs career. Benching him now protects him from being everyone's scape goat.

ANYONE that would slam him for that straight up isn't worth the time of day, 

If that's the attitude, then we may as well NEVER play him again.

Hail. 

If Robert was allowed to play in the final three games and got hurt, the same people that are blaming Shanahan for benching Robert would be blaming him for allowing him to play. They want it both ways.

Again, that's ridiculously asinine in the extreme. 

If that's the attitude, then you'd never, ever play him or any other player for that matter again. 

Hail. 

I’m not a Shanahan apologist. I feel that the people that say that they don’t think Robert should be benched are saying it purely out of hatred for Shanahan rather than weighing the pros and cons of the issue. People act as though there is no merit whatsoever on sitting Robert down. They know that there is merit, they just don't want to admit it.

That's a terrible way to coach.  He should quit now if he's just coaching to avoid getting blamed for something.  

I think instead of Shanny saying RG is not playing well, he went to the “lets keep him healthy” route.  I know some here think he’s lying, and I’m sure he is, but at least he’s not making RG look bad due to performance.  We all know RG is sitting because of performance and those who disagree need to re-watch most of the games again.  Would you rather have Mike say that????  Its either health or bad performance, take your pick!

Sadly it worked like a charm. It makes me sick to my stomach that the media hasn't even attempted to call him out on his BS.

Hail

Some have called him on it, but for some reason football media are largely hesitant to speak ill of Mike Shanahan.

I’m not a Shanahan apologist. I feel that the people that say that they don’t think Robert should be benched are saying it purely out of hatred for Shanahan rather than weighing the pros and cons of the issue. People act as though there is no merit whatsoever on sitting Robert down. They know that there is merit, they just don't want to admit it.

lol

There is merit, it's just not the merit Shanahan is using.  The merit is he's playing poorly and the tape doesn't lie.  And then benching is different than total deactivation, see you next year, don't bother thinking you're gonna get back on the field.  

So by this logic he should NEVER play again. 

I mean, there's a chance he could hurt at ANY time in the future right? Why risk that?

Hail. 

Now that’s ridiculous to the extreme.

Well honestly. The dudes your teams 100 % healthy franchise QB. He'll be your teams starting QB Week 1 next year regardless. And your advocating he sit out the final three games, in a totally unprecedented move, under the HC's B/S pretence that he's at risk of injury. 

This is football. why play him at all if that's the case?

Hail. 

Since when do you bench a franchise QB in their second year for bad games, which for the record he's not really even playing that bad if you measure him against other 2nd year QBs.

Mike couldn't say he's benching Griffin for poor play because that too is a BS move.

Did the Panthers 'shutdown' Cam at the end of the season? And you could argue that the light bulb went off for Cam during those games

They didn't bench him at the end, but they did pull him during the game.

And Brees got benched for several games in the middle of his not good 3rd season, got put back in, and then got pulled from the game.

I guess you could argue that he went on to another team, but he had two really good years in SD after that and maybe would have stayed except for the injurty.

I'm not saying that he should be benched, but, if for example, he's doing things mechanically wrong, and they aren't able to correct them during practice, and he's using them in the game, then I think he should be benched.

The only thing that really playing him is doing is re-enforcing bad mechanics if that's the case.  If his mechanics are good in practice, but then they go bad in a game, then I think you have to play him.  He has to learn/figure out how to carry those good mechanics over to a game when the pressure is on and you can't do that if you can't play.

But if the mechanics are bad in practice, then I'd pull him and have him start doing basic drills go get his mechanics right.  There is no reason to play him when all that playing him is doing is re-enforcing bad mechanics.

Well honestly. The dudes your teams 100 % healthy franchise QB. He'll be your teams starting QB Week 1 next year regardless. And your advocating he sit out the final three games, in a totally unprecedented move, under the HC's B/S pretence that he's at risk of injury. 

Hail.

That’s easy. The benefit of sitting him down for the rest of the year far outweighs the benefits of playing him. Why would you want to see three more games of Robert playing like he has for the last three games? Behind that line? What’s to gain? You must be a glutton for punishment or you have absolutely no concern for Robert’s health.

Since when do you bench a franchise QB in their second year for bad games, which for the record he's not really even playing that bad if you measure him against other 2nd year QBs.

Mike couldn't say he's benching Griffin for poor play because that too is a BS move.

Did the Panthers 'shutdown' Cam at the end of the season? And you could argue that the light bulb went off for Cam during those games.

those who fell for it -- a larger number than I expected it -- have lost their minds.

Those Redskins fans do not deserve nice things, and dont deserve to see a good franchise.

Anyone who thinks this is a good thing are hysterical. Its one thing if this is year 4 or 5, but its his 2nd year!!! Over the last 30 years, only Dan Marino balled out his 2nd year in the league of all the all time great QBs we have seen. Ring your damn heads in. This is a horrible move.

Hail. 

Well why let play in games that do not matter this year if we already know he is going to be the starter next year. We are not going to keep Kirk forever. Why not put him on display and maybe we can get a sucker another team to fork out a high draft pick for Kirk services. We got a #1 from the Raiders for Jay Schaeder, who knows. 

That’s easy. The benefit of sitting him down for the rest of the year far outweighs the benefits of playing him. Why would you want to see three more games of Robert playing like he has for the last three games? Behind that line? What’s to gain? You must be a glutton for punishment or you have absolutely no concern for Robert’s health.

You know in terms of sacks taken over a season, he's something around the 230 mark all time as regards this seasons total? If this was a genuine concern for the kids health, why not sit him last week before the game in the snow against that D?

This is your 100 % healthy, franchise QB that your advocating sitting because your buying into the B/S rhetoric that the games are 'meaningless.' When have you EVER seen a franchise QB fully healthy totally sat down? Exactly. You haven't. You learn on the field. And in a season as short as 16 games, EVERY game is priceless. He's in his sophomore year and you already think he needs to miss valuable playing time to protect his health?

How about the A/Hole spouting this B/S gets his equally inept son to adjust his scheme to help the QB like he did for the first 3 series of the Giants game instead of using a 23 year old as a pawn in his end game power play against the owner?

Hail. 

I've unbelievably read more than once this morning the suggestion that if RGIII needs to go and Shanahan stay for the benefit of the franchise then so be it. 

Seriously, I am at as big a dumbfounded loss with some of our fanbase than I am with the rat protagonist of it all. 

Hail. 

GHH, you told me once that there are plenty of people on this forum that will test your patience to be sure.

You can't argue with sick minds it is the reality and those of us that see what is rational and logical must simply share oxygen with these other creatures and allow themselves to be the obtuse, opinionated and vociforus windbags that they are.

Just because someone has an opinion does not make them anything other than someone with their own perspective.

Attacking others is a sign of ignorance, weakness and immaturity

You know in terms of sacks taken over a season, he's something around the 230 mark all time as regards this seasons total? If this was a genuine concern for the kids health, why not sit him last week before the game in the snow against that D?

This is your 100 % healthy, franchise QB that your advocating sitting because your buying into the B/S rhetoric that the games are 'meaningless.' When have you EVER seen a franchise QB fully healthy totally sat down? Exactly. You haven't. You learn on the field. And in a season as short as 16 games, EVERY game is priceless. He's in his sophomore year and you already think he needs to miss valuable playing time to protect his health?

How about the A/Hole spouting this B/S gets his equally inept son to adjust his scheme to help the QB like he did for the first 3 series of the Giants game instead of using a 23 year old as a pawn in his end game power play against the owner?

Hail.

What would you expect to see different if Robert were allowed to play. Would he suddenly find his game? Would the right side of the o-line finally find their game? What would be different? I sit in Section 338 every home game and I am tired of seeing Robert on his back either from a sack or after trying to make something happen down the sideline because his line can’t block. It’s not going to be long before he doesn’t get up. If it happens in the first quarter of our first game next year, so be it, that’s football, but I certainly don’t want that to happen in a meaningless game when it can be prevented. Some of you guys must see a different game than I do.

What would you expect to see different if Robert were allowed to play. Would he suddenly find his game? Would the right side of the o-line finally find their game? What would be different? I sit in Section 338 every home game and I am tired of seeing Robert on his back either from a sack or after trying to make something happen down the sideline because his line can’t block. It’s not going to be long before he doesn’t get up. If it happens in the first quarter of our first game next year, so be it, that’s football, but I certainly don’t want that to happen in a meaningless game when it can be prevented. Some of you guys must see a different game than I do.

No, I agree with you.

And amidst all of the drama, having Robert not dress is exactly what is needed.

The right side of the line ..... that's been in there ALL season disgracing themselves yet our HC, who, let's not forget, is ALL about Roberts health (STOP laughing at the back); hasn't deemed them bad enough to even TRY change it up with different personnel. Instead letting the QB run for his darn life by refusing to change anything to help the guy he's now 'so' concerned with for his health. 

I don't know about watching a different game, but you have a wholly different grasp on this situation that's unfolded before your very eyes than most others do. 

Hail. 

The right side of the line ..... that's been in there ALL season disgracing themselves yet our HC, who, let's not forget, is ALL about Roberts health (STOP laughing at the back); hasn't deemed them bad enough to even TRY change it up with different personnel. Instead letting the QB run for his darn life by refusing to change anything to help the guy he's now 'so' concerned with for his health. 

I don't know about watching a different game, but you have a wholly different grasp on this situation that's unfolded than most others do. 

Hail.

You didn't answer my question. :>) What would be different. What would help Robert find a receiver or stay upright? You don't want him to stay in there all game and hand off to Alfred do you?

Archived