Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you agree with shutting down RG3?

Bonez3

Shut down RG3  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with shutting him down?

I would have to assume the coaches have their best RT on the field. Why wouldn't they? I don't buy the conspiracies that they are trying to suck. You're right, there is little to lose at this point. But its certainly possible that Compton would diminish the position.

I certainly agree with your third sentence. Why would Shanahan want the team to perform poorly? He is auditioning over the next three games for a head coaching position whether it is here or somewhere else.

The fact that you insist on bringing Snyder into this is equally as telling as to your agenda chip. 

No offence. 

Hail. 

*Edit* When have you EVER seen a 100 % healthy franchise QB sat down for the year? Objectivity doesn't come into it. It's plain asinine stupidity. Or it would be if it wasn't for the fact it has nothing to do with the QB and ALL to do  with the self serving interests of the HC. 

I will ask the question again, why  would a Head Coach of a football team want to quit after season that ended with a division title?

Name one Head Coach that hasn't wanted to quit or been fired after a few seasons since Dan Snyder took ownership of the team?

(I am willing to bet Snyder was doing more than just eating Turkey with his Franchise QB).

This is getting off topic, but if that's truly the case then that's even more damning on Shanahan if what's behind the front 5 and has been all year is even worse than the disgraceful standard they've played to into 2013.

Hail. 

Guys around here that know more Xs and Os than I do have made some really good observations through this year that our O line is not so terrible. It could be better. RT is weak.  Everything can be improved on but its not always realistic when there are 22 positions on the field and limited resources and draft picks to improve them with. You improve positions with 1st and 2nd rounders. You rarely improve positions with 4-7 rounders. We always have plenty of the latter. I can't think of any team who is two deep on the O-line. Or whose 2nd string is as good as the first.

We run like crazy. So the line is good there. Our pass protection is not near as good to the naked eye. But half of our passing deficiencies are on Griff. If that isn't evident, I don't know what else to say.

I will ask the question again, why would a Head Coach of a football team want to quit after season that ended with a division title?

Name one Head Coach that hasn't wanted to quit or been fired after a few seasons since Dan Snyder took ownership of the team?

(I am willing to bet Snyder was doing more than just eating Turkey with his Franchise QB).

Gibbs. But that's neither here nor there. You actually believed the leak he has his office cleared and wanted out prior to the game last January?

Hail.

I've unbelievably read more than once this morning the suggestion that if RGIII needs to go and Shanahan stay for the benefit of the franchise then so be it. 

Seriously, I am at as big a dumbfounded loss with some of our fanbase than I am with the rat protagonist of it all. 

Hail. 

Do you want to know what amazes me? 

The amount of people on this board and in the DC area who want Shannys head even though they have ZERO, ZILCH, NADA damn clue what they are talking about..... 

I'm also amazed at how many fans that think they deserve the truth from a Head Coach of a privately owned football club..

Shanny doesn't owe us or the media any explanations, he is the Head Coach, he makes the decisions, The Redskins are Privately Owned. 

Gibbs. But that's neither here nor there. You actually believed the leak he has his office cleared and wanted out prior to the game last January?

Hail.

True or Not, i think the leak is freaking stupid, who gives a rip, it's none of my business??

Hail.

Gibbs quit and wanted out, just like every other coach who has worked under Snyder which is why we shouldn't be surprised if Shanny wants out.

I'm OK with the move.

I think we still haven't heard the whole story about it, and I believe there's more than Mike and Dan playing chicken behind this story.

Regarding the way the season went, I suspect there's more in the locker room than just that. I'll watch how the other players responds to that move. Just to check if the whole season wasn't because there's a mess between RG3 and the rest of the team.

Right now, it seems to me that players are more like to give 200 with Kirk at the helm than Robert. That's the kind of stuff Mike would never debate in public and keep in the locker room. Looks like a humility lesson for Robert, especially if the team goes 3-0 without him.

Stories that comes to my mind right now are:

Pierre Garcon: "when you suck at passing, you suck at passing".

Darrel Green: "RG3 is no leader right now".

RG3 never putting the blame on him.

Many around here thought RG3 was acting like a Divaduring the offseason, if many here thinks it, then, some players have to think alike as well.

Spoken like a longtime ex-coach who doesn’t remember what it’s like to play with a one-legged quarterback for most of a season. If Mike is here next year, he wants to make sure that Robert is 100 percent healthy in 2014. If Mike is not here, how attractive does coach Madden think that the head coaching position (or any coaching position for that matter) is going to be when the franchise quarterback has spent yet another offseason rehabbing a bad leg, or broken ribs, or a broken collarbone and is not ready to play? All of that risk for reps in three meaningless games behind a sieve of an offensive line. No thanks. The Redskins are trying to make sure that all of what happened last year doesn’t happen again next year. This decision was a very easy one.

With all due respect to Madden, go eat a ham samich dude.

Mike Shanahan made a big mistake continuing to play RGIII in the Seahawks playoff game last season.

Don't hear Madden saying anything about that. Does he think RGIII should have stayed in that game??

By his own admission Madden said," You don't take a player out unless he's hurt ". The whole world knew that RGIII was hurt, he could barely stand up let alone walk or run. Not to mention the most important thing for a QB to do and that is have to strong legs to stand tall and deliver the ball with authority.  

That was Shamahams first glaring mistake which then led up to the circus of the off season where he allowed his rookie QB go on a media blitz of "all in for day one" fantasy ignoring the historical fact that an ACL injury takes 9 months to fully heal, I don't care what anyone says even the "TEAM" doctor Mr. Andrews. 

Shamaham should have made it clear that Kirk Cousins would be the starter of 2013 to squash all the confusion about whether or not RGIII would be ready, he wouldn't and he wasn't and now the season is a joke, a travesty by a washed up almost never was coach that is a weasel and never ever cared about the health of his players as witnessed by him putting Terrell Davis in to the Super Bowl game while he was seeing double so he could be a decoy?  

Dan Snyder took a hands off approach with Shamaham and did everything Shamaham asked for, new Dome for the practice facility, new facility in Richmond for training camp, hired a chef for better nutrition for the players through training camp and beyond I suspect, flying the team a day ahead of time on away games so they were more rested and allowing full control over the selection of personnel, coaches including his son which is always a terrible idea and something never done in the NFL as a rule, installed a 3-4 defense with a DC that hadn't run or coached a 3-4 instead of the 4-3 that made this defense a perennial top ten defense.

This is on Shamaham!

He is currently and for the last five week been playing this game of letting his minion followers leak BS to the press in an attempt to flee his own incompetence while deflecting the blame onto his young perhaps petulant and somewhat arrogant franchise QB whose head has been inflated by an overzealous national media that loves to build someone up only to shoot them down.

RGIII is a rare talent, I don't want to be misunderstood here. I love the guys ability and think he will be the guy along with a better cast of OL and WR to take Washington to the SB.

But it will be without the weasel Shamaham that is completely responsible for the state of this team. Hell he had Tony Pashos here and let him go. Now he is having a great season. Certainly would have been better than Polumbus!! But here again, Polumbus was Shamahams guy in Denver, just like Lichtensteiger is. As evidenced by him not making any changes to the OL at it's weakest links because they are his guys. Allowing RGIII to get killed because they can't block for him.

Shamaham did that too. Not Dan Snyder!!

Albert Morris carries for nearly 100 yards in a game we are ahead in going into the half, second half less than 5 carries for Albert and none in the red zone. I guess that is Snyders fault too. Please!!!!

That is Shamahams fault!! He is an idiot half wit shouldn't have been and only was because of Elway, Steve Young and Terrell Davis.

He has never been a good evaluator of defensive talent and has never had very good defenses. That is why Pat Bowen canned his sorry ass and he did that same kind of BS there trying to deflect blame from his incompetence there as well.

So please give me a break. Snyder may be a lot of things, but he is not responsible for this circus. It is all on Shamaham!!1

So what Snyder likes to be around his star QB, why shouldn't he be? With RGIII he has a real chance to get to that SB every owner wants to get. I don't blame him a bit. Doesn't Kraft love hanging around with Tom Brady?? Hasn't hurt that team one bit so put a sock in it when it comes to that crap.

Seriously GoSkins? 'Privately owned football club?'

That's what we are to you huh? Questions don't need answering to the fans without whom there wouldn't BE a ball club huh? Man, stop alluding to Snyder ASAP! Or else you might well lose him. You sound like his perfect 'customer.'

As far as the Gibbs bunkum, he left after being both totally emotionally worn down through carrying most EVERYONE on his back after the tragic loss of # 21; and the health concerns over his grandchild with lukemia. All from a man in his 60's who had no right coming back at all when he should of had his feet up retired. But he did to try right a long wayward ship as that ship is his life's love outside if his faith and family.

Coach walked away nor wanted out from nothing.

Hail.

Do you want to know what amazes me? 

The amount of people on this board and in the DC area who want Shannys head even though they have ZERO, ZILCH, NADA damn clue what they are talking about..... 

I'm also amazed at how many fans that think they deserve the truth from a Head Coach of a privately owned football club..

Shanny doesn't owe us or the media any explanations, he is the Head Coach, he makes the decisions, The Redskins are Privately Owned.

You've got to be kidding me. Shanahan isn't obfuscating about strategy to protect a competitive advantage. He's purposely sabotaging his team, smearing his own players (which he has a long track record of doing) to protect his son's job and force his way out of town without voiding the rest of his contract.

I can't believe you're defending him. I can't believe any Redskins fan is defending him at this point. He's destroying our team. On purpose.

I guess you're one of those people that believes it was right to keep Robert in the Seahawks game while we had gotten a lead of 14 to zip when cleary he was limping badly and couldn't set his feet because he couldn't stand on a solid platform and deliver the ball with confidence.

bizarre

Robert in that game = not healthy

Robert of today = healthy

Big difference.

Head.

Wall. 

Bang.

Seriously DJD, just how much lower does he have take your team? Just how much more does he have to drag it through the mud? Just how much more damage does he have to try and do for the next guy to be left picking up the pieces in the hope of rebuilding the carnage before you'll admit what's unfolding before your very eyes?

Blindly defending someone in the face of EVERYTHING to the contrary just because he happens to be employed by this organisation isn't a good, noble thing. 

The more you do that, the more your as big a part of the problem as the problem itself. And ultimately get what you deserve. Which is what we're living through now. 

Hail. 

Cool story bro.

You still haven't answered my original question though, which is if he is 100% healthy, as YOU continue to claim, why has he been wearing a brace all year?

I tend to think it's because he is not 100% healthy, and it is there to do further damage to his knee. Which is why I also think it is a good idea to shut him down the remainder of the year, regardless of what BS excuse Shanahan is giving for doing it.

There is no point in him getting additional reps in an offense he will not be running or for a coach he will not be playing for next year. In this scenario the reward does not outweigh the risk.

You've somehow extrapolated that to me blindly defending Shanahan, "being part of the problem", and "getting what I deserve", but whatever dude.

I've always enjoyed reading your posts and your insight (even though it's a 50/50 proposition I don't agree with them). But seriously you're letting your blind hatred for all things Shanahan obstruct your ability to consider any opposing viewpoint. 

Cool story bro.

You still haven't answered my original question though, which is if he is 100% healthy, as YOU continue to claim, why has he been wearing a brace all year?

I tend to think it's because he is not 100% healthy, and it is there to do further damage to his knee. Which is why I also think it is a good idea to shut him down the remainder of the year, regardless of what BS excuse Shanahan is giving for doing it.

There is no point in him getting additional reps in an offense he will not be running or for a coach he will not be playing for next year. In this scenario the reward does not outweigh the risk.

You've somehow extrapolated that to me blindly defending Shanahan, "being part of the problem", and "getting what I deserve", but whatever dude.

I've always enjoyed reading your posts and your insight (even though it's a 50/50 proposition I don't agree with them). But seriously you're letting your blind hatred for all things Shanahan obstruct your ability to consider any opposing viewpoint. 

GHH is out of sorts recently. He'll shake it off. He will get what he wants in 3 weeks. It won't change anything except his mood. I look forward to it. :)

So why hasn't anyone else been held accountable of piss poor play? How come Polumbus and Chester get a free pass? Why is Keith Burns still on this team? How come Kyle hasn't been held accountable for suspect play calling?

This whole thing stinks.

I agree, this whole thing stinks.  However, like MS said, this is the same offensive line as last year.  I believe the difference is RGIII, last year, teams were afraid to blitz and afraid of RG, no one really understood this offense.  Now, DC have figured it out and now after watching film on RG, they know if they take away his first read (he only sees his first read), he will then hold onto the ball, panic and/or make a poor decision.  If he starts beating the blitz or getting rid of the ball sooner or shows the ability to read a defense and finds the open receiver, you will see defenses stop coming on the attack.  RG doesn't put fear in anyone this year, they know if they take away his first read, they effectively shut him down.  Not saying to OL is not without fault but, it mostly falls on RG.

Kieth Burns should have been fired.  Kyle's play calling is not the issue.  I would challenge anyone to go back and tell me it is Kyles fault.  If you are like me, during the game, I constantly see missed open recievers and poor throws.  If RGIII hits the open receivers or gets through his progressions, I don't think we are looking at Kyles play calling.  Heck, Alfred Morris just went over 1000 yards again, we are one of the top teams in rushing.  It isn't the play calling, it is the execution.

You've got to be kidding me. Shanahan isn't obfuscating about strategy to protect a competitive advantage. He's purposely sabotaging his team, smearing his own players (which he has a long track record of doing) to protect his son's job and force his way out of town without voiding the rest of his contract.

I can't believe you're defending him. I can't believe any Redskins fan is defending him at this point. He's destroying our team. On purpose.

Prove to me that Shanny is purposely trying to destroy the team?....You can't, so stop perpetuating the media b.s.

Don't you think the players who are ACTUALLY inside the locker room would be completely outraged if Shanny was intentionally trying to "destroy" the team?  Nope, which is why, he still has the support of most of the locker room.

I voted yes. It was painful watching RG3 the last 3 games. But one thing we'll find out is if it really is RG3's poor passes on out patterns, bad coverage reads & holding on to the ball for far too long. Then again, maybe the O-line is truly horrible if they can't produce against 3 bad defenses. By the way, will Cousins please improve the defense & special teams? Shanny/Haslett/Burns sure as hell couldn't...

Seriously GoSkins? 'Privately owned football club?'

That's what we are to you huh? Questions don't need answering to the fans without whom there wouldn't BE a ball club huh? Man, stop alluding to Snyder ASAP! Or else you might well lose him. You sound like his perfect 'customer.'

As far as the Gibbs bunkum, he left after being both totally emotionally worn down through carrying most EVERYONE on his back after the tragic loss of # 21; and the health concerns over his grandchild with lukemia. All from a man in his 60's who had no right coming back at all when he should of had his feet up retired. But he did to try right a long wayward ship as that ship is his life's love outside if his faith and family.

Coach walked away nor wanted out from nothing.

Hail.

The "We" that you are referring to are friends on a message board of a "Team" that "We" support, "WE" are not a part of the team, "WE" are not paid by Dan Snyder, "WE" do not have inside knowledge of the workings of The Redskins Football Club.

And, no I don't think "WE" need to be answered to, what happens in the locker room should stay in the locker room, players shouldn't be forced to give interviews, especially to all of the scum bag mediots in the DC area.  All we need to worry about is what happens on the field, Coaches and Players talking to the media....ESPECIALLY in the DC Market is suicide for any Coach or QB.

As for Gibbs V2, he was getting slaughtered by the media, the same way Shanny is, so maybe

it mostly falls on RG.

You can't make a convincing argument for this. When you can execute something extremely well, it's very difficult to negate fully. If our linemen could pass block skillfully, increased defensive aggression would actually open up more passing lanes. Nick Foles isn't solely responsible for making his line look good. It's the other way around.

You can't make a convincing argument for this. When you can execute something extremely well, it's very difficult to negate fully. If our linemen could pass block skillfully, increased defensive aggression would actually open up more passing lanes. Nick Foles isn't solely responsible for making his line look good. It's the other way around.

If you have a QB who can read a defense, see where the blitz or pressure is coming from he can make adjustments.  One thing you saw KC do when he came in was identify where the pressure was coming from and called an audible to change the blocking.  When was the last time you saw this from RGIII?  You can't tell me Kyle doesn't let RGIII do this but will let KC do this, if that is the case, we have a bigger problem.   

You are right, Nick Foles is not making his line look good, however, him making better reads and throwing the ball when he is supposed to sure helps things out.  Interesting you bring up Nick Foles, how much better does the offense look under him playing rather than Mike Vick?  Same offensive line (which was called one of the worst not so far in the past), much different results.  So, is it the line or is it the QB?  We could go around and around, bottom line is RGIII has seriously regressed, this was the reason he was benched (in my opinion).  If RGIII was playing well, he would not have been taken out the last 3 games for protection, MS would have kept him the starting QB.

You are right with this point and would be totally valid argument IF RGIII was accurate with his passes and actually hit the right receiver.  On the interception in the KC game, he should have thrown to the flat (wide open Logan Paulson).  Like I said before, teams are no longer afraid of RGIII arm, his accuracy has regressed, just as his overall play has regressed.  It is not all on RGIII, the entire offense shares blame in this.

This benching has EVERYTHING to do with football.  Lets be honest, RG has played LOUSY this year and if his name was Weeden, he would have been benched 8 weeks ago.  I believe MS used his health as an EXCUSE to sit him.  By using the "we are sitting him so he won't take any hits and will have a full offseason" saves this Kids ego from being destroyed.  People are not calling him RGMe for nothing.  Now he gets blasted by former Coaches and questioning the integrity of the game, looks like MS protected RGIII rather than threw him under the bus talking about his ability to play the position (which I believe is the REAL reason to sit him).

This was the ONLY way he could sit RGIII without getting blasted (even more) by everyone and at the same time, see what Kirk Cousins has to offer in reference to trade value or potential competition value.

Now, RG can eat some humble pie and we will now find out about his TRUE character and see how he reacts.  If he lets this benching define him, then he will be a bust, if he uses this benching as motivation to be and get better, then the team will be better for it.

Yeah people are indeed calling him RGme for no reason other than they think hes behind all these marketing plans from companies that are using him in commercials, like its his big plan to become a mega star (Which ignores how marketing actually works, like D Roses campaign to return wasn't his idea either).

The only people calling his character into question are people who are over reacting to all the melodrama in redskins park, which most of you are already making the case that most of that is probably over played when it comes to the riff between snyder and shanny. 

Yeah people are indeed calling him RGme for no reason other than they think hes behind all these marketing plans from companies that are using him in commercials, like its his big plan to become a mega star (Which ignores how marketing actually works, like D Roses campaign to return wasn't his idea either).

The only people calling his character into question are people who are over reacting to all the melodrama in redskins park, which most of you are already making the case that most of that is probably over played when it comes to the riff between snyder and shanny. 

Not sure where I said any of that or anything like that in my post.  In reference to him being called RGMe, maybe it has something to do with his teammates calling him out, do you remember Santana Moss questioning his leadership? No, he didn't call out RGIII by name, but you knew who he was talking about.  When Pierre Garcon screamed out how the passing sucks, he wasn't referring to the bad OL, when he kicked the ball in the endzone Sunday, it wasn't because the OL threw a horrible pass (pretty sure T. Williams didn't throw that ball).  When I spoke of his Character, it was in reference to his competitive drive not his face in front of TVs (which I do also believe is too much) or his desire to be a mega star.

I believe this will only make RGIII better, I do believe he will come back next year driven to be better. 

Archived