Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you agree with shutting down RG3?

Bonez3

Shut down RG3  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with shutting him down?

He isn't and was very clear during todays presser, ....

If he told you, you where a Cowboys fan would you believe him?

I ask because after all that's happened the last going on 96 hours, all the leaks, all the lies, all dragging our franchise through the mud, all the using young men as pawns in his self serving attempt to get his $ 7 million early; you STILL believe what he says.

Does he have to commit murder or some **** before you see through him?

Hail,

I ask because after all that's happened the last going on 96 hours, all the leaks, all the lies, all dragging our franchise through the mud, all the using young men as pawns in his self serving attempt to get his $ 7 million early; you STILL believe what he says.

Hail,

GHH you ever sleep?

There are 3 problems with this franchise.  I see through all 3 :)

Hail,

1. Show me a solid source that proves Shanny leaked the stupid ass story of him wanting to quit.

If the story is true.....

2. Name a Redskins Head Coach that hasn't wanted to get out of DC after three/ four years since Dan Synder purchased the team?

120 votes buying into the rats rhetoric and voting yes. 

So I ask what I've just asked in another thread and got no answer to.

When has a 100% healthy (by Shanahan's own admission), franchise QB ever been sat the last three games of a season?

This is nothing more than self serving B/S in his power play against Snyder. 

And it's nottin' shy of an absolute disgrace.

Hail.

When he's been playing poorly, and starting to run more often, because he couldn't find an "wide open" receiver before he "felt" the pocket was going to collapse on him. And these are runs that end with him trying to slide while inbounds.

Griffin is trying to do with his legs, what he's currently having trouble doing with his formerly accurate passing, and his continuing problem reading the field and making adjustments. And that is a recipe for a foolish game 14 or game 15 injury.

GHH, please remember things are never 100% black or white. If you think that Snyder and Griffin are pure as the driven snow in this matter while Shanhan is just a kabalistic anagram for Satan --- then B.A. Baracus has a quote with you in mind.

I voted "yes" not for the insulting reasons that you suggested, but that Cousins deserves a shot to show to the NFL that he can run this kind of offense. He's not an owner-favorite, not a high-draft choice, not the anointed 'franchise QB' and probably will be off the team if/when Shanahan doesn't get his 5th year. He's done everything asked, gets along great with his team ( per preseason feedback), and doesn't have to be the star. I really hope he does well, but I suspect he'll have pedestrian numbers, while his RBs and His TEs do very well.

By the way, I was a Robbie Fowler fan, so take that in mind whilst you prepare your rebuttal/riposte.

I agree with the benching based on performance alone.  I don’t care what shanny is making it out to be but we all know its because RG has not performed as expected and to be honest I think he’s actually getting worse.  He needs to learn to take a 5 or 7 step drop like cousins but that is going to take a LOT of change on RG’s game to make it happen.  A 3 step drop is not enough and is the main reason why he freaks out in the pocket when rushers are in his face in 2 seconds.  Cooley was right on in his analysis and what a lot of people have said all year.  

GHH, just an honest question for ya.

IF, and I mean a BIG IF, Mike, Griffin, and Snyder sat down and actually hashed all their frustrations and issues out, and resolved them, and they came out and said we have all come to a mutual understanding and goal to bring a championship back to DC, and both will be here next season to try their best to make this come true, would you be supportive of them?

I'm not trying to influence your thinking on this, but if 3 grown men iron out their differences, things can go forward. Every one of them have flaws and have points, and its not out of the realm for it to happen; stranger things have happened.

Snyder wears thin on everybody.  Every single coach and fan we've ever had.  Period.

Shanny wears thin on everybody.  Every coach and player that he has ever had.  Period.

Add in RG3.  Star QB who doesn't think that his coach who has 3 rings, called plays for Elway and Steve Young, knows the best way for him to develop as a QB.

Equals dumpster fire.

and they came out and said we have all come to a mutual understanding and goal to bring a championship back to DC, and both will be here next season to try their best to make this come true, would you be supportive of them?

No. Because it would be BS. Can't you see what he's doing here?

Mike deserved to get fired before this S-storm started. All he's doing now is CYA and blameshifting.

Mike Shanahan is proving through his actions that he's not a leader, he has an awful lot of 'quit' in him (by his own back handed admission about wanting to quit the team after they one the division), a coward for being the HC/GM but not having enough balls to control the organization and if not a liar very least disengenuous. And that is not the envirornment you want for your football team nor your franchise QB. The next time Dan sits down with Mike it should be to tell him adios!

It's literally stunning to know that there are still ppl that want this to continue. Like I can't comprehend it, it's crazy.

This damage is not fixable. Hell, even most of the Snyder hating media is completely against Shanahan. The fans hate Shanahan outside of you crazies I guess lol.

Every day of the 2014 offseason would be a zoo if he's brought back and the actual season would be unbearable

Plus everyone with knowledge of the situation have said the ****er is gone. Just get over it ppl

John Madden: RGIII shutdown is ‘baloney’

The Strasburg and RGIII shutdowns are different, in the sense that one was impromptu and the other was planned; one was healthy and the other was presumably not; one’s team was losing and the other’s was going to the playoffs; one played football and the other baseball; one came amid team disarray and the other came amid stability.

But they were similar in this regard: Every single person in the world had an opinion about them.

Thus, here’s John Madden, talking about the RGIII Shutdown during his weekly spot with SiriusXM NFL Radio.

“I mean, you know it’s baloney,” he said, his strongest words on the topic. “I like Mike Shanahan, and I’m not talking behind his back, but when you say something like that, you know that’s not right — you’re not going to sacrifice regular season games. There’s only 16 of them a year. You’re not going to sacrifice regular season games for an offseason program. I know that part of it was he wasn’t healthy last offseason and that really hurt him, so it would be good if he were healthy this offseason. I believe that. There’s some truth to that.

continued at link:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/11/john-madden-rgiii-shutdown-is-baloney/

GHH, just an honest question for ya.

IF, and I mean a BIG IF, Mike, Griffin, and Snyder sat down and actually hashed all their frustrations and issues out, and resolved them, and they came out and said we have all come to a mutual understanding and goal to bring a championship back to DC, and both will be here next season to try their best to make this come true, would you be supportive of them?

I'm not trying to influence your thinking on this, but if 3 grown men iron out their differences, things can go forward. Every one of them have flaws and have points, and its not out of the realm for it to happen; stranger things have happened.

Not if he offered to pay back the $ 35 million salary. 

Single worst Coaching regime in Redskins history. leading to the past 5 days that's rapidly turned him into the single most hated person in Redskins history to many. 

Aside from the fact his disgraceful ass is gone already and this isn't a possibility outside of fantasy, I'm surprised at you even floating the notion man after all he's done to our franchise and the way he continues to drag our name through the mud in his self serving interests, 

Hail. 

By the way, I was a Robbie Fowler fan, so take that in mind whilst you prepare your rebuttal/riposte.

The most natural goalscorer I've ever seen bar none. Most EVERYTHING Robbie hit went between the posts. Complete travesty that first egotistical managers and then injury had his career only half as great as what it ultimately should of been. Robbie's Robbie. Just a normal lad off the streets that happened to be fortunate enough to have talent. And he's never changed. He has time for anyone and has NEVER forgotten his roots. Can't speak highly enough about the guy. Nice to know you got to appreciate him too from afar. 

As for any rebuttal, I honestly don't know what more I can say than the post you quoted. 

100 % healthy, franchise QB sat down for the last three games. Totally without precedent. Totally ridiculous and self serving to the HC in his pissing contest with the owner. Concern about Roberts health my pasty white ass!

Who will be the starting QB of this franchise Week 1 next year? Exactly. The man who's now been closed down with three games to go when he's 100 % healthy by his own HC's admission. 

If you don't think that stinks then there's nothing I could say to alter that. 

Please , Snyder has done way more damage to this franchise that Shanny and it isn't even close.

Not the last four years. The last four years he's stood back and let the HC do it all by his lonesome. 

And Dan Snyder has never willfully set out to denigrate this franchise and drag it down to the lowest depths to serve his own ends. He's made some piss poor choices and deserves a **** load of criticism for his early years. But he's never wilfully dragged your teams name through the mud like your HC is currently doing. 

But hey, if the last 5 days self serving B/S from Shanahan haven't altered your opinion on him, aside from the previous few weeks and more's propaganda campaign against the QB to deflect all criticism from where it SHOULD be, his piss poor Coaching, then nothing will and there's little anyone can say to make you see whats in front of your eyes. 

In a worse mess than what he inherited. Two defeats away from the most loses of any Redskins HC his first 4 years. What a great regime this has been. 

Hail. 

It's literally stunning to know that there are still ppl that want this to continue. Like I can't comprehend it, it's crazy.

This damage is not fixable. Hell, even most of the Snyder hating media is completely against Shanahan. The fans hate Shanahan outside of you crazies I guess lol.

Every day of the 2014 offseason would be a zoo if he's brought back and the actual season would be unbearable

Plus everyone with knowledge of the situation have said the ****er is gone. Just get over it ppl

There's none are so blind as those that will not see. 

Three more weeks man. Unless the lawyers thrash something out and we rid ourselves of that name earlier. 

Hail. 

I voted "agree." Because I don't think robert is learning anything out there right now.  Bad mechanics, bad footwork, no confidence, bad accuracy, not shifting protection, etc.

He's actually doing more to get himself beat up than any other group at the moment.  

So, it's time to take a step back, relax, regroup, and try and work this out over the off season.  

If he works as hard this off season on being a better QB as he did last season on rehabbing his knee, then he'll be ready to go for next season.

The big question is, can he be a true elite QB and beat teams with his mind and physical attributes.  Or does he have to "out athletic" his opponents.  If it's the latter, he's going to really struggle in the league. If it's the former, the sky's the limit. 

I still submit, right now, even as he's still recovering from the knee, he's probably still more athletic than most QBs out there, and he's still got a great arm.

Yes, but not for the reasons Shanahan is doing it. He's not learning anything by being in there getting pounded behind a pathetic line, trying to run an offense that is being shoved down his throat. Better to give him the whole offseason with his new coach working with him than risk him with a lame duck Shanahan.

Exactly my thoughts. 

What an insult, to not even have him active, and go as far as to pre-announce an inactive weeks in advance.

What coach tips his hat to opponents and does such a thing?

Mike is in damage control "I care about RG3s health" so much he will remove any chance he can be on the field weeks in advance. While at the same time, is keeping his foot on Dan's neck. He is good. 

Dare I think he is better at media relations than he is as a football coach.

With one playoff win in 15 years, surely my speculation has legs. 15 years. Let that sink in.

What an insult, to not even have him active, and go as far as to pre-announce an inactive weeks in advance.

What coach tips his hat to opponents and does such a thing?

To be fair man, and I'm in no way, shape or form excusing or defending this ridiculous state of affairs at all; but if you're gona' do something as unprecedented and asinine as this to your 100% healthy franchise QB, the only option is to totally shut him down. 

Demoting him to #2 would of just increased the focus tenfold. 

Hail. 

If Kirk plays well enough to garner a first round pic, will you give Shanny credit for benching Griff?

Smart move by Shanny, he's in a lose, lose situation, of Griff were to get hurt, the media would demolish him, if Griff gets benched to protect him from injury in meaningless games, he will still catch a load crap. It's the nature of the stupid DC media and DC fans.

I don't believe that at all that Shanahan's gonna be on the hook every time RG3 comes up lame now.  Shanahan can't always be blamed when RG3 gets hurts playing tackle football.  If Griffin got hurt in the normal course of football, so be it.  

Mike is in damage control "I care about RG3s health" so much he will remove any chance he can be on the field weeks in advance. While at the same time, is keeping his foot on Dan's neck. He is good. 

Dare I think he is better at media relations than he is as a football coach.

With one playoff win in 15 years, surely my speculation has legs. 15 years. Let that sink in.

Yes, I think the year he took off after being run out of Denver was all about studying ways to manipulate the media and a NFL fan base. He damn sure didn't self reflect and learn from his football mistakes while ruining Denver.

Hail

Archived