Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.COM: Report: Snyder won't stop Shanahan from sitting RGIII

MassSkinsFan

Re: BRAVE's post, that's a little odd to me. Kyle hasn't been great, but his offense has clearly looked like the best side of the ball since the Shanahans have gotten here. The only thing that would make sense to me would be his relationship with Griffin, not his actual performance.

I think that's more an indictment of how dreadful our defense and special teams are than an affirmation of how the offense is looking.

Yeah that is certainly a problem. Somewhere within the organization, someone is airing out the team's dirty laundry. I thought I remember someone on here thinking it was Fred Davis. But whoever it is, they need to find them and get them out of here.

As I recall excessive leaks have been a hallmark of Snyder's ownership.  This isn't the first and won't be the last.  It's one reason why I question whether Shany is the source.  We've just seen it too many times and all the people we can see have changed numerous times but the leaks remain.

Like I have asked before when does this soap opera end!!!!

Unfortunately, it ain't going to end with Shanahan leaving.  It was a soap opera before him and all signs point to it continuing to be.

So nuposse87.... maybe karma-wise you're only due for genital warts? I can't prove from your post what you were internally wishing for, but candidly if you don't see a problem with your post ... it's not a good thing

maybe, I'm not perfect (extremely far from it!), I get angry(or down wrathful) and part of it is massive frustration with a team I've emotionally invested myself in for about a decade and a half (which is chump change to some on this board!) but I just can't wish well on Shanny and his regime anymore. I prolly have some growing as a person, but don't actually think I wish ill on any of the players (I'm at the point however where if **** continues to hit the fan, it'll just seem cynically hilarious to me). Shanny however, I believe is a ****ty person and deserves to feel as miserable as I do 4 clock pm every Sundays. I'm not suppose to just bid him kind farewell now that he's sabotaged our franchise for the last 4 season, am i? And I can't just feel indifferent to him. He's hate-able. Just like guys hated Fat Albert, I now hate Shanny.  And truthfully, I wish it weren't so, I wish I didn't care so damn much in such extreme ways. But I'm not going to start pretending like I actually care about a figurehead whose ****ized the potential about something I care about. 

This is kindergarten, give him his 7 figures check and get it over with, now.

And what kind of Quality coach would be willing to come and play for Dan Snyder?

This ownership has always been capricious and destructive to team continuit --- now it's sunk to the depths of being considered despicable, a "coaches-beware" zone.

And what kind of Quality coach would be willing to come and play for Dan Snyder?

This ownership has always been capricious and destructive to team continuit --- now it's sunk to the depths of being considered despicable, a "coaches-beware" zone.

This is not Dan Snyder - this is all on the coach - Dan Snyder gave him 100% control and he has screwed the whole thing up

Tom

Has Snyder ever stepped in and stopped Mike from starting anybody?

Hard to prove, I suspect Snyder has shared his "input" on who should be featured in the offense. Snyder has been eager to have a marketing g draw, even though Griffin's sales pitch may be better than his pitches to his players

Watching ESPN tonight, they interviewed a former Redskins employee who was in player personnel.  Basically, he said that Snyder is a caring owner, but sometimes he cares too much and do things his way.  It was not a negative take, but it was also somewhat damning in that he pretty much said that Dan can be meddlesome at times.  He also said that we need a strong GM who will hire the coach, not the way this circus took place.

Shanny threatened to bench RG3 because he wants Snyder to step in and fire him, that way he still gets his millions and can also deflect all blame to Snyder as being the old meddlesome owner.

Snyder is making the right move here by not engaging Shanahan. By using restraint, Snyder is showing that even with threatening to do something ridiculous and mess with the franchise QB, he still won't step in and interfere, he'll trust the coach's decision. This way when Shanny is fired at end of season, those saying Snyder interfered won't have much ground to stand on.

This is especially important for the coaches we will bring in to interview. They will see that an owner who changed and was backing away, has remained backed away. 

Shanny is using RG3 as a pawn in a game, Snyder is refusing to play. Kudos to Snyder. We all saw Cousins Sundat in spot duty, he's not going to look other worldly these last 3 games. He may look decent though because the opponents are easy, especially if Young and Reed come back. But RG3 is our guy, and Cousins isn't going to change for any rational thinking person. He may raise his trade value though.

I understand the logic Elk, I truly do.  But do we seriously believe that waiting 3 weeks to can a lame duck HC is gonna make that much of a difference?

The when and where might change, but the narrative will be the same.

Snyder has failed as an owner.  Shanahan has failed as HC/GM.  I don't think any amount of media spin will change either of those facts.

As far being able to attract a good HC, I don't worry about that as much as some people on here.  I believe Snyder could fire Shanny today and he'd still be able to hire a good HC.

Money talks and Snyder has plenty of it.  Also, the Skins are a storied franchise with RG3.  It is a highly coveted job no matter what our record this year is.  

I do agree that Snyder is handling this the way he should, but I just don't think it matters much.  

What's stopping Shanny from just releasing /cutting Robert, Trent and Pierre, only to have them picked up off waivers by Mara? That would make a great conspiracy theory.

LOL!  I never thought of that.  That would be crazy.  I think owners must have to approve all moves like that.

I understand the logic Elk, I truly do.  But do we seriously believe that waiting 3 weeks to can a lame duck HC is gonna make that much of a difference?

The when and where might change, but the narrative will be the same.

Snyder has failed as an owner.  Shanahan has failed as HC/GM.  I don't think any amount of media spin will change either of those facts.

As far being able to attract a good HC, I don't worry about that as much as some people on here.  I believe Snyder could fire Shanny today and he'd still be able to hire a good HC.

Money talks and Snyder has plenty of it.  Also, the Skins are a storied franchise with RG3.  It is a highly coveted job no matter what our record this year is.  

I do agree that Snyder is handling this the way he should, but I just don't think it matters much.  

Normally no, waiting 3 weeks wouldn't make a difference. But this is Snyder, who is trying to shake off a rep of impatience and being meddlesome. That turns some coaches off. If he waits until end of season and doesn't interfere despite it being bad, it shows he has backed off and new coaches may be more trusting that he's changed and won't interfere even if it gets bad. Some have turned down interviews in the past due to this. In offseason we hire new GM, probably Brown, set up chain of command, and now Snyder has shown no interference, so coaches more inclined to interview here than stay where they're at. We can get good candidates anyway, but rather have access to ALL potential candidates. It matters for image, which is important in coaching hire process.

What's stopping Shanny from just releasing /cutting Robert, Trent and Pierre, only to have them picked up off waivers by Mara? That would make a great conspiracy theory.

cap rules and Bruce writes up all those moves. Plus if he did that he'd probably never be hired anywhere again, and be a long time for his son too by association.

Hope Cousins goes out and wins all three...  

It would be nice, for the sake of his stock, but he's not going to fix bottom-ranked defensive and special teams units by himself. Even when RG3 was playing brilliantly in the first half of last season, he couldn't make that defense look good. It's up to Haslett and Burns for us to turn this ship around, which is a terrifying reality.

It would be nice, for the sake of his stock, but he's not going to fix bottom-ranked defensive and special teams units by himself. Even when RG3 was playing brilliantly in the first half of last season, he couldn't make that defense look good. It's up to Haslett and Burns for us to turn this ship around, which is a terrifying reality.

Guys, this ship has sunk. We won't be able to turn the corner until next year. New coaches, some new and inproved players and a new attitude.

That's why I was saying this thing has to end right now before more damage is done. You give him his money shake his hand and move on like adults. As much as I wish Snyder to sell this team and as Tomwvr said, this one is on Shanahan. What kind of organization would hire him now ? not the Texans obviously.

As I recall excessive leaks have been a hallmark of Snyder's ownership.  This isn't the first and won't be the last.  It's one reason why I question whether Shany is the source.  We've just seen it too many times and all the people we can see have changed numerous times but the leaks remain.

The truth is that there are leaks from every team in big-time sports, especially when the team's head coach appears to be on the chopping block.  It only seems worse here because we obsess about our team so much.  Hell, even the CIA can't keep leaks from happening, so there isn't much hope for any organization in that regard.

Archived