Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

I know sitting Robert & playing Kirk would be the best way to end the season, provided Kirk doesn't get dinged up too badly.

But I've been planning on going to Sunday's game against the Falcons since forever.  I've been taking their fans' **** for years, and I've only seen one other Redskins game in my life, a pre=season about 15 years ago. 

This is a bucket list thing.  Who knows if I'll be around the next time the Skins get here?   I named a kitten RG.  I want to see my "hopes and dreams", my Heisman-winning, franchise QB take the field and wreak all manner of havoc & destruction upon the GA Dome.  I had thought that if I saw Kirk on the field, I'd already be crying.

Which I've done all season, come to think of it.

I'm just upset that I won't see RGIII.  But I will be there in support of this team I've loved all my life.

Yes, this is all about me.  Sorry.  End emotional rant. 

I would love to see Dan fire Kyle Shanahan. Right now.

Sure maybe its in Mike's contract that he cannot.

Screw it, I say do it anyways. Let the lawyers fight it out for the next 5 years.

If he can or cannot, call him the mole, detrimental to the health of the team. An anonymous source told Dan.

In the face.

So, if Green Bay is out of the playoffs, do they decide to not let aaron Rodgers play the rest of the season? Do the Giants shelve Eli Manning? Do the Steelers take out Big Ben? Do the falcons not play Matt Ryan?

No offense guys but the idea of "resting your QB so he doesn't get hurt and is ready for next season" isn't actually a thing teams do and it makes no sense. What can RGIII learn in 3 more games? IDK, how about beating a rival at the end of a season when the team's playoffs hopes are dead? or that its still important to keep your players motivated as a team leader, to play even when the seasons over, and thus help keep guys interested in staying and not bolting to a better or newer team next year?

It baffles me that suddenly it makes sense to bench your star player just because the playoffs are out of sight. Every game can teach someone something new.

So, if Green Bay is out of the playoffs, do they decide to not let aaron Rodgers play the rest of the season? Do the Giants shelve Eli Manning? Do the Steelers take out Big Ben? Do the falcons not play Matt Ryan?

No offense guys but the idea of "resting your QB so he doesn't get hurt and is ready for next season" isn't actually a thing teams do and it makes no sense. What can RGIII learn in 3 more games? IDK, how about beating a rival at the end of a season when the team's playoffs hopes are dead? or that its still important to keep your players motivated as a team leader, to play even when the seasons over, and thus help keep guys interested in staying and not bolting to a better or newer team next year?

It baffles me that suddenly it makes sense to bench your star player just because the playoffs are out of sight. Every game can teach someone something new.

None of those players had a torn ACL for the 2nd time in their career and has shown major signs of struggling either. That comparison is apples to oranges except Rodgers who won't play another game this year.

I don't understand the thoughtless logic some of you are using.

Griffin plays and gets hurt, possibly seriously against Atlanta, and every single one of you would be ripping Mike a new one about starting him. Its amazing how narrow-minded some of you are; this just might not be a F-U Snyder move, it may very well be to protect Griffin from possible injury! But being the witch hunt is on, no point in talking to walls.

Just as kleese ridiculed me on the very subject of sitting Griffin the rest of the year to 'prevent any possible injury and have him ready for next season', and his sarcastic remark towards me [ unjustified at that ] being it is a discussion forum.  There's just no way for Mike to try and do the right thing is there. Its all about Griffin, screw everyone else.

geez

Hey hey hey. Who do you think you are? You aren't allowed to say that Shanahan isn't Satan. Get outta here, punk.

How does that look to the rest of the team? RG3 is above playing in meaningless games because he might get hurt but the rest of the players aren't and can risk their season and careers? 

For someone so concerned about Griffin receiving preferential treatment, Shanahan doesn't seem to mind perpetuating that notion.

I don't see how anybody could think this is in the best interest of the team.  

Apparently, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

You are telling the rest of the offense: you guys suck and can't be trusted to protect Griffin.

Look if you are healthy and the best player at your position, you should play. It's a 16-game schedule.

Oh my God, how dare he say something that we've actually been shouting the entire season! :rolleyes:

Regardless of the motive, sitting Robert for the remainder of the season seems like a smart move to me. IMO, he should have sat out at least the first half the season. Let's see what Cousins has, whether that be for the Redskins down the road or for trade value. I believe Robert will be a good QB for the Redskins for years to come. With an environment conducive to success he will be the franchise QB we all hoped he would be. Hopefully next years coaching staff can turn this around. HTTR.

Yeah, you'd have to be a real imbecilic to believe Mike is sitting Griffin to protect him.  If that was the case then he would have kept him out of the KC game.  They wouldn't keep using him in the triple option.

So if by some quirky chance Mike S is doing this to protect Robert, then why doesnt he play some of the younger lineman ?

What is it going to hurt ?

How about resting Garcon, and giving some of the other WR's some playing time.

A player straps on his helmet in game 1, game 12, or game 16, all with the knowledge that he can get hurt.

No man I know. I remember your posts about it.

I'm just saying that this a really bad idea because it is a childish powerplay by a sad 60 year old man. It may protect Griff but it's going to screw the team hard

Oh don't be mistaken, this is a childish power play by Shanahan. Nonetheless the result that should have happened 2 weeks ago is happening. That's all I care about. Griffin will hopefully be benched and hit the offseason healthy. It's obvious he suffered from having to rehab and not practice football last year. He has been incredibly accurate his entire career and now he is sailing passes and skipping them short and it's not getting better. There is no reason for him to be out there. If the reason for the benching is because Shanahan is a dick, so be it. Will the media slay us until September 2014, I'm sure they will but I trust it will make Robert work even harder. I've heard nothing about the team itself being divided so not sure how it hurts the team. Sorry if that got lost among my posts, but bottom line is Griffin needs to sit and I don't care what the reason is as long as it happens.

Oh don't be mistaken, this is a childish power play by Shanahan. Nonetheless the result that should have happened 2 weeks ago is happening. That's all I care about. Griffin will hopefully be benched and hit the offseason healthy. It's obvious he suffered from having to rehab and not practice football last year. He has been incredibly accurate his entire career and now he is sailing passes and skipping them short and it's not getting better. There is no reason for him to be out there. If the reason for the benching is because Shanahan is a dick, so be it. Will the media slay us until September 2014, I'm sure they will but I trust it will make Robert work even harder. Sorry if that got lost among my posts, but bottom line is Griffin needs to sit and I don't care what the reason is as long as it happens.

Yeah man. I got your point.

You're just concerned about Rob.

I am too but I just can't stand that MS is getting away with this crap. I'm just one of those ppl that can't let things like that go lol

Are those players 11 months removed from a 2nd major knee operation?

yep.

Can't wait for those perfect staredown picks that he'll unleash Sunday

Well, they might happen. But there's a difference between you and me.

If Cousins throws some bad stare down picks, you will be happy, because you can gloat to all of us about how RG3 is fine and we are stupid for wanting Kirk in.

If cousins throws some bad stare down picks, I will be sad. Because stare down picks do not reflect anything about the offensive line, or the receivers, or the game plan. Stare down picks would indicate that we have TWO QBs on the roster who are not going through their reads or making the right plays. That is not a comforting thought to me in the slightest.

I have heard reports that if Green Bay gets eliminated Rodgers will be shutdown and will not come back even if he is healthy.

At this point I am afraid that RG3 will end up like Ramsey. Shell shocked to the point of no return. This Oline is going to get him killed.

Well, they might happen. But there's a difference between you and me.

If Cousins throws some bad stare down picks, you will be happy, because you can gloat to all of us about how RG3 is fine and we are stupid for wanting Kirk in.

If cousins throws some bad stare down picks, I will be sad. Because stare down picks do not reflect anything about the offensive line, or the receivers, or the game plan. Stare down picks would indicate that we have TWO QBs on the roster who are not going through their reads or making the right plays. That is not a comforting thought to me in the slightest.

Anyone wanting Cousins to fail is just foolish and spiteful honestly. We need him to play well so we can get a decent pick for him down the line or so he can take over the team for Griffin next year if he doesn't pull it together and get back to form for 2014.

Archived