Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

After watching he sure didn't sound like a coach that was going anywhere soon.

Shanahan keeping his job and coaching this team next season would be quite the upset.  Even though he's done it before, perhaps Snyder is sensitive to the in-season firing these days.  

its funny how you can quicly bench RG3 but yet keep the same sorry people at nearly every other position on the team despite poor-to-avearge performances. We havent brought in another kicker or punter all year to compete. We have the worst O-line in the league but no one ever gets replaced. We have a pro bowl caliber TE on the bench who never gets in the game. All of this is just on O. I havent even gotten to our terrible D and Special Teams yet

Amen to that....

Shanahan keeping his job and coaching this team next season would be quite the upset.  Even though he's done it before, perhaps Snyder is sensitive to the in-season firing these days.  

If he's back next year, this year will pale in comparison to what next year will bring.  The dysfunction will be truly epic.  We will look back on this year fondly.

HTTR24-7.com @HTTR24_7 1m

So Mike isn't just saying FU to the owner, & reporters with "coach" speak..He's saying FU to you as well.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 1m

On surface, protecting Griffin makes sense but there are so many things wrong w/ this . 1. MS likely won't be here 2. Stunting development

HTTR24-7.com @HTTR24_7 2m

Fans should be pissed..Reporters ask questions that the FANS want answers too. Mike Shanahan refuses to answer what you want answers too

Sending a message...He runs the team not RGII/RGIII..and it's aimed at Snyder. If he wants him back...Mike wants no further crud from the RG's or Snyder...personnaly..I think they backed Shanny into a corner and usurped his ability to manage the team...

I want to see how Cousins does behind the 1st team...RG consumed all the ozygen in the room and *I* think players revolted against RG not Shanny...

IMHO

Kevin Sheehan ‏@kevins980 2m

So RG3 playing indoors on turf vs a team ranking 27th/sacks is less safe than outside in snow on grass? His clock mgt. makes more sense.

Now this is a legitimate question unlike the Seattle thing.

If you're worrying about his health for the off season then you're not playing him against Kansas City in the snow/ice.

The crazy thing is that if this entire fiasco with the leaks and everything wasn't happening and it looked like there was a legitimate chance Shanahan returns next year, then I'd say I'd have no issue with sitting Griffin the rest of the year. I wouldn't necessarily agree with it being the best choice or what I'd do, but I could understand and accept the logic.

Having him in there is just going to continue to reenforce the seeming "shell shocked" look that he's had all season long and I don't think will be massively condusive to really "developing" him as a pocket passer. Keep him healthy for the off season and focus entirely on next year. It makes sense...if it looked like it was being honestly done with an eye for next season.

However, because of all the craziness going on it doesn't seem like it's with an eye for next season...but rather it's being done with an eye on Shanahan's paycheck. That is definitely troublesome.

Truly, the only way this isn't just completely unspeakably bad is if somehow, someway, we're all SHOCKED and Shanahan is actually still the coach next year.

No problem with giving Cousins more experience. Griff needs pocket experience badly but won't get it with this current unit. He's shellshocked and regressing. Cousins will learn how to get rid of the ball QUICKLY..Next year RGIII can start fresh, healthier, and with preseason practice reps.

Force Snyder's hand to do what?  Fire him for benching RGIII?

He's trying to force Snyder to fire him so he can still get paid.  It also puts pressure on Snyder to do something so that Shanahan can say "see, I told you. I tried to make a move for what I think is best for the team and Snyder came in to override my decision because he's Roberts protector and buddy."

No problem with giving Cousins more experience. Griff needs pocket experience badly but won't get it with this current unit. He's shellshocked and regressing. Cousins will learn how to get rid of the ball QUICKLY..Next year RGIII can start fresh, healthier, and with preseason practice reps.

I just hope he hasn't been completely ruined the way that Patrick Ramsey was ruined. 

Sending a message...He runs the team not RGII/RGIII..and it's aimed at Snyder. If he wants him back...Mike wants no further crud from the RG's or Snyder...personnaly..I think they backed Shanny into a corner and usurped his ability to manage the team...

I want to see how Cousins does behind the 1st team...RG consumed all the ozygen in the room and *I* think players revolted against RG not Shanny...

IMHO

Mike is that you?

Archived