Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CW's "Arrow"

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well they just put Season 2 on Netflix a day or two ago so I've got to catch up, which is hard to do when a show that is 45 minutes long has 22+ Episodes a year. i'm about 3 episodes in and yeah its definitely the best small screen superhero show out there.

Amazing how DC is (With exception to Nolan's Batman) so great on television but never seem to get it quite right with the movies.

Same thing with me. 

If they'd put the thing on NetFlix a week or two ago, I would have got caught up, and be ready to start watching their third season.  But because they waited (I got an email telling me it was available, this afternoon), now I can't get caught up, before they start the new one. 

Great.  And now it's too late to set the DVR for 3.01, so I can get caught up, and then watch it. 

Sigh.  I guess, if this is the worst problem I've got, . . .

I like the episode on the whole, though I was surprised by the ending.  I'm a bit tired of the flashbacks at this point though.

And are they trying to make Amanda Waller straight up evil on this show?

She was pretty bad last season too trying blow up the cities and stuff.

I really like Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer.  The guy is pretty amusing.

Also glad to see no Thea and little of Laurel, though that will probably change.

Short of killing Sarah (maybe Slade Wilson will get his revenge)...and injecting Laurel with mirakuru also...not sure how Laurel could ever be a convincing Canary. 

Thanks - somehow I missed the connection back then. 

I do miss Malcolm Merlyn and the Dark Archer storyline though. 

Sarah is Canary for now. The story will move to how Laural takes up the role & becomes Canary.

A~hem. :)

Been following Arrow since the beginning and have pimped it to friends (like TK)---and the new season stated out better than I anticipated. Still wanders at times, to me, and gets a little disorganized with the various plot threads,, but it's good stuffs overall. I was also impressed with how well the Flash premier was done (surprised me). It had the look/feel of the first Toby Maguire Spiderman IMO.

Somewhere i read a piece about the diffs between how DC is using TV shows to support the actual comic and vice versa, and how they are invested in tying the tv shows more deeply into the comics and the movies for a more "united" whole, whereas marvel is mainly aiming at the big movie goer audience and resulting merchandising, and the tv stuff is an accessory to help market those efforts.

But i can't find it now.  <_<

oh yeah..."smoakin hot" is how I write it lately... :P

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/29/arrow-stephen-amell-on-oliver-reuniting-with-malcolm-the-return-of-nyssa-and-the-debut-of-ras-al-ghul?abthid=5450f7782a1b25e45a00000b

ARROW: STEPHEN AMELL ON OLIVER REUNITING WITH MALCOLM, THE RETURN OF NYSSA AND THE DEBUT OF RA'S AL GHUL

Question: Can you tease anything about Oliver’s reunion with Malcolm?

Stephen Amell: We had 200 extras there. That was exciting. It is a costumeless, weaponless, fisticuffless exchange and concurrently is probably the most charged exchange that we've had on the show. We shot it on our 50th episode, which is our fourth episode this year and for me, personally, I love these things on TV when something is set up and then you let it lay for a while. In our case we’re talking about letting it lie for 27 episodes between the Season 1 finale and episode four of Season 3. So just playing scenes also with John is a growing exercise for me as an actor, because there’s so many things that he does and chances that he will take that I feel they’re expanding my character and I'm feeling the repercussions of them, personally, on a professional, technical level in the aftermath of episode four. I’m bringing them into scenes as we move through the season.

We got the boxing glove arrow last night!  Didn't see it coming.  Hilarious!!!

I thought it was a nice touch. But I would have loved to see another vigilante (WildCat) in Starling City. They didn't talk about his nine lives, so I guess they won't be keeping him around other than to train/mentor Laurel for a few more episodes.

Does anyone know if they have fficially said that the woman in the flashback (the one married to Toshi - Tatsu is her name, I think) who helped Oliver remember last night is Katana?

Yep. She's Katana.

Oh I know she is, I just couldn't remember if they had referred to her as that yet.

I was happy to see them throw around the Arsenal name last night. Especially since Speedy is already taken (stupid move on the writers to call Thea that in Season 1) and I was concerned they were going to call him (Roy) Red Arrow.

Oh I know she is, I just couldn't remember if they had referred to her as that yet.

I was happy to see them throw around the Arsenal name last night. Especially since Speedy is already taken (stupid move on the writers to call Thea that in Season 1) and I was concerned they were going to call him (Roy) Red Arrow.

I am speculating that Thea is going to eventually become the Mia Dearden "Speedy".  The signs are there.  She is Thea Dearden Queen and in Corto Maltese someone called her Mia.

I initially thought Thea would become Cheshire due to her involvement with Roy but I am now heavily leaning towards her as Speedy.

BTW - I am glad they put to bed the Arsenal/Sarah story.

I was wondering where they were going with that and the direction they took is much better than him killing Sarah.

Archived