Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CW's "Arrow"

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well, Supernatural got a 10th season.  Honestly, I think it's time that SN stop.  They have that spinoff they are planning for next season; go with that.  The Winchester Boys are spent, in my opinion.

The spin-off won't be as good though. Personally, I hope Sam and Dean go out like Butch and Sundance did in the Newman/Redford movie. Also..I miss Bobby in that show. 

I've never seen this show..   I'm a big supernatural fan...   I'll have to check it out.

It's a show that has consistently gotten better almost every episode. The only thing I wish is that they gave him more backstory up front (although getting to know the character's backstory over almost 2 seasons has been unique).

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm pretty sure that was Harley we heard last week, and this week's Speedy joke about Roy Harper (let's hope he will be ok with another nickname instead..cough Arsenal) was a nice shout out to the comic book nerds.

:)

Ok - spoilers/easter eggs from last night....

The chick that Laurel blackmailed at the end to get her job back was named Kate Spencer. Kate Spencer also was a DA in the DC universe who also took on the title of Manhunter.

The final show down was at the corner of Gail and Simone. Gail Simone is known for penning Birds of Prey (for which this episode was named).

As for next week, I wonder if Malcolm Merlyn will show up and we'll get both Arrow and Merlyn fighting on the same side (to save Thea)?

So I'm pretty sure that was Harley we heard last week, and this week's Speedy joke about Roy Harper (let's hope he will be ok with another nickname instead..cough Arsenal) was a nice shout out to the comic book nerds.

:)

Ok - spoilers/easter eggs from last night....

The chick that Laurel blackmailed at the end to get her job back was named Kate Spencer. Kate Spencer also was a DA in the DC universe who also took on the title of Manhunter.

The final show down was at the corner of Gail and Simone. Gail Simone is known for penning Birds of Prey (for which this episode was named).

As for next week, I wonder if Malcolm Merlyn will show up and we'll get both Arrow and Merlyn fighting on the same side (to save Thea)?

I noticed the "Kate Spencer" reference but totally missed "Gail and Simone".

Good catch.  :)

Much like the Isabel Rochev storyline, it bothers me when shows spend several episodes building up characters and then forget about them for over 1/2 of a season.

My  guess is that the actors who play those characters are probably working on other productions. Summer Glau is pretty famous(and hawt as hell).

Still can't understand how Mr. Lance knows that Felicity works for Ollie and with the Arrow and that Sarah is together with Ollie and works with the Arrow, and not know that Ollie is the Arrow. 

Because it was his Mom who called Ollie at the same time that Mr. Lance called the Arrow. Duh!

As an aside, if you think about it, a lot of the authority figures in the DC universe are stupid/blind to secret identities. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the writers are taking some liberties with the Ravager storyline. Not sold that Summer Glau can pull it off..but otherwise I like how this story is moving along (even if Brother Blood has all but disappeared).

I didn't realize it..but the first person that Slade/Blood successfully tested the serum on was named Cyrus Gold. He eventually died in a fight with Arrow.

Here's the problem.

Solomon Grundy's real name is Cyrus Gold. Hope Arrow didn't kill him on a Monday.

I hate when shows kill off major characters for effect. But that was one that worked.

Who is is that Ollie confesses to next week (in the promos) when he says "I am the Arrow". 

Himself? Thea? Laurel?

My bet is he's talking to himself...which is a cop out. BTW - I'm wondering if Malcolm Merlyn is going to show up and help Ollie kill Slade Wilson this year...

Merlyn will show up.  He has to ensure that his only remaining offspring lives.  I assume the finale will have Merlyn, Arrow, and the Suicide Squad taking down Deathstroke's Army.

I didn't realize it..but the first person that Slade/Blood successfully tested the serum on was named Cyrus Gold. He eventually died in a fight with Arrow.

Here's the problem.

Solomon Grundy's real name is Cyrus Gold. Hope Arrow didn't kill him on a Monday.

We don't really see Solomon Grundy die.  There was an explosion and an assumption of his death.  I have a feeling he will be back to fight Arrow or maybe even Flash at some point.

Was that a Connor Hawke storyline they dropped on us last night?

From what I read the producers don't know what they are doing with the "Oliver has a son" storyline.  I find that hard to believe.  I am guessing Slade knows and is going to use it.

If it ends up being Connor Hawke he is probably only 6-7 years old.  It will be very interesting to see what they do with this new development.

Archived