Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CW's "Arrow"

BRAVEONAWARPATH

42 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Do you guys think it's the real Laurel Lance? I think either Flashpoint caused her death to change to her faking it, or she is the Laurel Lance from Earth 3(where old dude Flash is from). 

I suspect it's another version of her. My guess was she was the one (she went by Black Siren) that Cisco and Caitlyn encountered on Earth 2. But I think that one is locked up. 

I do miss her character. She was a better fit for Oliver and would allow them to get off the now boring Captain Lance storyline. 

36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect it's another version of her. My guess was she was the one (she went by Black Siren) that Cisco and Caitlyn encountered on Earth 2. But I think that one is locked up. 

I do miss her character. She was a better fit for Oliver and would allow them to get off the now boring Captain Lance storyline. 

Yeah, but the Earth 2 Laurel Lance who is a meta is also evil. I don't think she would've greeted Oliver the way this Laurel did when she was revealed. 

And yeah, Black Siren is still locked up in STAR Labs with the rest of the evil metas. Sidenote: I really wish they would've found a better way to do that. It makes no sense. Those chambers have no bathroom or way to feed them. They'd all die of dehydration/starvation. A better idea would be to put them in stasis or like a cryo sleep. Just something that conveniently allows them to imprisoned safely without killing them.  

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My guess is Flashpoint caused her to still be alive somehow.

But if it did, they would all know she was alive. Only Barry knows the difference between the timelines. 

It has to be another earth Laurel. I just hope it's not an evil one. Ollie was dead from the Queens Gambit crash on one of those Earth's..right (his Dad survived and became Arrow)? 

edit..what if Martin Stein's meddling with his own past (creating a daughter) in Legends of Tomorrow had a crossover effect in Arrow?

There is still the chance her death was staged or faked in this new post-Flashpoint timeline. Or what if she is a figment of Oliver's imagination, as some kind of malfunction from his time in the alien spaceship. And for the rest of the season, he will be able to see her but no one else will. 

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

There is still the chance her death was staged or faked in this new post-Flashpoint timeline. Or what if she is a figment of Oliver's imagination, as some kind of malfunction from his time in the alien spaceship. And for the rest of the season, he will be able to see her but no one else will. 

edit ↓↓ Spoilerish

Spoiler

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/12/john-diggle-needs-lawyer-arrow-spoilers/

As part of their mid-season finales, the CW did what they called a Fan-Fest that was a viewing party with Tiffany Smith and members of each show’s cast spoke to the group, giving away tidbits about what will happen when the season returns. They also released an exclusive clip to the CW App.

For those of you who don’t have the app, here is basically what they showed for Arrow:

Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) goes to visit John Diggle (David Ramsey) in prison. The scene starts with them already talking about Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) just being alive and them catching her up to speed slowly. Oliver then mentions trying to break Dig out of prison. Dig says not this time. He’s tired of running. He’s going to fight the frame up against him, but he’s going to need a good lawyer. Oliver tells him that he knows a guy.

And that’s pretty much the scene. So what happened to Laurel? She doesn’t know what’s been happening since she died? So that means she did die and is suddenly back… that doesn’t seem like how changes in the timeline work in the CW / DC universe.

And Oliver knows a lawyer… 

edit..not spoilerish..perhaps in the new timeline, the Lazarus Pit wasn't destroyed?

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

But if it did, they would all know she was alive. Only Barry knows the difference between the timelines. 

It has to be another earth Laurel. I just hope it's not an evil one. Ollie was dead from the Queens Gambit crash on one of those Earth's..right (his Dad survived and became Arrow)? 

edit..what if Martin Stein's meddling with his own past (creating a daughter) in Legends of Tomorrow had a crossover effect in Arrow?

Hmm yeah I guess you're right about that. Maybe in Flashpoint she fakes her death or someone saves her last minute with some miracle medicine that nobody knows about(I mean people come back from the dead all the time in this show).

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I think Prometheus is that black dude that was running Queen Consolidated and dating Oliver's mom. He just completely disappeared when she died, and if you check the time that he claims he has been preparing to take Arrow down, it lines up. 

I'd doubt it's Walter. He was getting up in years during Season 1.  Like I said..unless it's Tommy Merlyn I'll be disappointed. Especially if we find out if's another Earth Ollie or something else dumb like it's Ollie's kid from the future. 

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd doubt it's Walter. He was getting up in years during Season 1.  Like I said..unless it's Tommy Merlyn I'll be disappointed. Especially if we find out if's another Earth Ollie or something else dumb like it's Ollie's kid from the future. 

I thought he was in pretty good shape for his age. It's no different than Tommy's father running around fighting, they are about the same age. I do agree it better not be an Earth 2 thing, but the way the story has been crafted, it's definitely someone we've already seen from Season 1. And the odds are that it's either Tommy or Walter. No one else is either alive or important enough to matter. 

Also, I think Walter showing up in the crossover episode kinda lends credence to Prometheus being him. In their perfect world scenario, Tommy was spoken of but not present. It's likely a non-plot issue why that actor hasn't appeared. It would make more sense that Tommy wants to get revenge after being "killed", and blaming Oliver for letting Laurel get killed too. But if scheduling conflicts happen(the actor is on the cast of Chicago Med), they could tweak the story and just make the man under the mask Walter. 

Archived