Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CW's "Arrow"

BRAVEONAWARPATH

anyone else rapidly losing interest in this show?

I still like it a lot but they need to do something new for Season 5.  The season long "big bad" isn't really working.  Damian Dahrk would have been a great villain for about 5-7 shows but stretching the conflict with him this long is too much.  

I had the same issue with Jessica Jones.  Season 1 was about 5 episodes too long for me.

anyone else rapidly losing interest in this show?

I'm kinda conflicted. I like parts of it, but every season has basically ended up being the same.

I also find Damien Dahrk to be a boring villain. I mean don't get me wrong, Neal McDonnough is an awesome actor, but the all powerful invincible/immortal villain just doesn't do it for me. This season has bordered on the ridiculousness with how they've had to deal with him(all the magic crap, and now he can take over nukes?).

And for God's sake, do away with the flashbacks. They serve so little purpose now. 

The show has gotten so mediocre, but I do enjoy that Felicity now technically has the highest body count of anyone in this universe not named Vandal Savage.

And about Felicity. What they've done to her character is the biggest travesty to me. She used to be fun, and surprisingly attractive in her outfits. Now she's just annoying as hell. Who knew she would turn into one of those women who get with the guy they always wanted, then proceed to nag them to death because they're never satisfied. 

She is her mother's daughter (Mama F surr has Lt/Capt/Der Lance whipped).

This show needs Deathstroke back. Merlin and Darkhh have zero appeal after this season.

Plus.let's hook up Thea and Nyssa Al Ghul. That'd be more interesting than some hipster douche she's usually with.

And why did they write off Katana this season?

She is her mother's daughter (Mama F surr has Lt/Capt/Der Lance whipped).

This show needs Deathstroke back. Merlin and Darkhh have zero appeal after this season.

Plus.let's hook up Thea and Nyssa Al Ghul. That'd be more interesting than some hipster douche she's usually with.

And why did they write off Katana this season?

The same reason Deadshot was killed off....hint hint.  ;)

It will be interesting to see how Amell is received in the new TMNT. I'm guessing that weak as it is much of the time, Arrow is still secure for at least two more seasons, but looking down the round I wonder if Amell will parallel Welling in being a very likable hunky marketable guy with a successful series and decent acting chops (sufficient for most TV stuff, if nothing else) as a base, but then does little or nothing  for years after their long-running series ends. Maybe if he's a dud on the big screen he can go the Dean Cain route that Welling seemingly isn't into---making a bunch of low budget low grade Cable TV/DVD movies.

Unlike Welling did before Smallville, Amell had a huge list of small time parts in TV before Arrow. He'll find another regular role quickly if that's what he wants. Or he could be the male movie version of Megan Fox. Just appear in blockbuster movies and barely do anything but show up.

The same reason Deadshot was killed off....hint hint. ;)

And yet Flash is allowed to be played by 2 seperate people on TV and film.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Through 2 episodes, this season is already better.

Bratva flashbacks, good.

Ragman, good.

Not sure what Evelyn Sharp will end up as, although as the new Black Canary makes sense. Wild Dog and Mr. Terrific are just meh so far. Glad they've giver Thea something to do and it looks like the new bad guy will be worthy. 

The story needed some fresh blood and it's helped. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any guesses on who the Prometheus is going to be? Is it someone we've already seen (this year or past)? Maybe Felicity's new bf? 

Pairing Diggle with Wild Dog was a stroke of genius last night. As was introducing the Human Target (although the scene in Russia with him at the end wasn't needed). Still, this season is much much better than the last few.  

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Any guesses on who the Prometheus is going to be? Is it someone we've already seen (this year or past)? Maybe Felicity's new bf? 

Pairing Diggle with Wild Dog was a stroke of genius last night. As was introducing the Human Target (although the scene in Russia with him at the end wasn't needed). Still, this season is much much better than the last few.  

I'll admit it woulda been a nice touch if they had used the guy that played Human Target from his own show a few years back. Especially since they did it with Shipp over on Flash. 

• 1 month later...

Archived