Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CW's "Arrow"

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I didn't catch the above post, but think it's stupid to mix in 6 episode animated series to introduce a character in a show with actual actors.  I hate when studios/companies push agendas like this.  Anyhow, loved the Vixen character last night and hope to see more of her throughout the DC universe shows.  

One thing I saw on IMDB was a different actress playing the role for her upcoming appearance in DC's Legends of Tomorrow.  Not sure why they would do that unless it's due to the time travel aspect and the Vixen they encounter will be younger or older.

Anyhow, loved last nights episode, very solid and well done imo.  I am still standing by my initial gut that the person in the grave was Felicity's mom.  Reason I'll put in spoiler tags.

So, after they got William back, his mom moved them far away and didn't tell anyone, including Oliver where they were going.  Yes, I know that someone like Dark, etc. with resources could most likely track them down, but I'm gonna play along with "William is out of harms way" angle.

Going back to the limo scene at the graveyard where Felicity didn't have the engagement ring off and told Oliver he had to kill Dark.  Well we all know when and how the engagement ended based on last nights episode, it was due to Oliver not confiding in Felicity.  That, at least to me, reinforces that the person in the grave was her mother.  It would make sense why she would want Oliver to actually kill him, along with her being back by his side - going to assume that if this doesn't go down next episode that she will be away from the team and Oliver.  

Yeah I am...

thinking that my original line of it being William and/or his Mom is kaput.

One out there (and probably a cop out for the writers) thought is that what if it was Curtis (Mr. Terrific) or better yet, his husband/partner? It would have nearly the same effect on Felicity especially since he gave her the ability to walk again. And it would allow Curtis to evolve into one of the vigilantes (if it was his husband/partner that was killed).

Yeah I am...

thinking that my original line of it being William and/or his Mom is kaput.

One out there (and probably a cop out for the writers) thought is that what if it was Curtis (Mr. Terrific) or better yet, his husband/partner? It would have nearly the same effect on Felicity especially since he gave her the ability to walk again. And it would allow Curtis to evolve into one of the vigilantes (if it was his husband/partner that was killed).

I actually thought about it being Curtis, not his husband.  That could be a possibility.  His husband would make more sense, cause if they kill off Curtis before he becomes Mr. Terrific, what's the point of him even being on the show.  

• 1 month later...

With what they have done with her character, I'm hoping it's Felicity and what we've seen all year in the limo is a hallucination of Oliver's. Seriously, can they make her more unlikeable the last few episodes?

But knowing this show, it will likely be a fake death to gain the upper hand on Darkh/whoever the bad guy is at the moment. 

Of course, I cannot fathom how Barry would ever miss the funeral if it was Felicity. Zoom be damned. 

I have a hard time believing it's who the leak says it is. I guess we will see tomorrow.

If it is that person though, I've read that the Flash will be introducing that persons Earth 2 counterpart on the 2nd to last episode of the Flash this year. So they could always take that shortcut and make them stick around the Earth 1 Arrowverse.

I have a hard time believing it's who the leak says it is. I guess we will see tomorrow.

If it is that person though, I've read that the Flash will be introducing that persons Earth 2 counterpart on the 2nd to last episode of the Flash this year. So they could always take that shortcut and make them stick around the Earth 1 Arrowverse.

Did you just spoil who it will be?

Sounds like you are saying it will be Laurel.

Heard an alternate version of her is appearing on Flash.

Surprised at the character death, also don't believe it sticks.

I noticed some shoddy choreography when that character was fighting in the lair. Going vs. 2 League members, turns her back to one and the guy does a half-assed swing by her legs when he was staring right at her back and in real life would have hacked away. Normally the show isn't bad with fighting sequences but that was really bad.

Yeah her death didn't really affect me at all. If it were someone like Diggle I'd be upset, but Laurel Lance was just a...meh character. And totally not believable as a superhero vigilante. She looks like a prom queen trying to fight out there. I will miss her hot body in that canary outfit though.

I think they killed the character that was the least liked, and yet the biggest surprise. The only people who are really complaining about the death are the comic fans who are complaining about it not following the story. Her fight scenes were the least believable, Katie Cassidy just couldn't sell the choreography. And having her get back with Oliver after the Felicity breakup was too predictable. 

Despite liking the choice, I think the execution wasn't good. I couldn't tell if Paul Blackthorne was grieving another daughter death or having a heart attack. I think they really missed an opportunity with Oliver and him in the hallway. Lance hasn't wanted his daughter's being involved in what Arrow does from the very beginning. Anyway, I'm a little more interested in the show now than I'd been the last two seasons.

I think they killed the character that was the least liked, and yet the biggest surprise. The only people who are really complaining about the death are the comic fans who are complaining about it not following the story. Her fight scenes were the least believable, Katie Cassidy just couldn't sell the choreography. And having her get back with Oliver after the Felicity breakup was too predictable. 

Despite liking the choice, I think the execution wasn't good. I couldn't tell if Paul Blackthorne was grieving another daughter death or having a heart attack. I think they really missed an opportunity with Oliver and him in the hallway. Lance hasn't wanted his daughter's being involved in what Arrow does from the very beginning. Anyway, I'm a little more interested in the show now than I'd been the last two seasons.

I never thought she was a Black Canary, especially now that we're moving into a world with metahumans or superpowered beings. It wasn't just that she couldn't pull off the fight scenes. It was that her backstory was too unbelievable. She took a few boxing lessons, got beat up, but then within 4 months was able to take on 5 ninjas at a time and handle them easily. Plus, her canary cry didn't do any damage. I actually liked the idea of her hanging up the mask to become DA a lot better than the idea of Felicity joining up the boardroom.

Anywho, I suspect she's not "dead" unless they want her to be. They've already brought one Canary back from death and solved the death lust problem. Death is now merely an inconvenience for Team Arrow.

• 1 month later...

Archived