Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin Points Blame At Coaching (Postgame-Eagles)

truskinsfan18

But as most of us have determined, RG3 did not run to the media on this day.

It's still debatable.  He did indirectly place blame on the scheme for our terrible passing performance.

I never heard Gibbs even do anything even close to this.

Gibbs would call Brunell "Super-smart" after horrible performances. It was his way of coaching.

now you're just making stuff up, people never got pissed at JC for admitting mistakes and putting blame on himself. That's what men and leaders and your qb is supposed to do.

Making stuff up? What did this fanbase knock Campbell for the most? He was quiet and he wasn't an leader...am I wrong?

You obviously didn't watch the Saints game. Kap played a good game today. If Frank Gore would of caught the wide open pass late in the 4th quarter which would of got them in FG position would of iced the game. The REF's gave that game to NO with that BS call on Brees.

Dude.

127 yards passing.

That's not good.

Making stuff up? What did this fanbase knock Campbell for the most? He was quiet and he wasn't an leader...am I wrong?

you said everyone got mad because he never placed blame on others and only himself. That isn't what people got mad about. They got mad because he sucked and wasn't a leader but not because he blamed himself when he sucked

You all ever think maybe last year the team went on its run largely because they didn't like Shanahan and were annoyed when he made the "looking for next year" comment after the Carolina loss?

If that's the case, and it was temporary motivation and drive to prove people wrong...without true belief in the coach and the offensive and defensive system, I can see why we have regressed.

I watched once for the first time, even last yr, robert griffin actually STEPPED UP into a pocket and thru a rope to santana moss in the 4th quarter...that is RG3's problem...he never steps up into the pocket-he tries to go around the pocket

Well, to be fair, to call what our line produces 'a pocket' is in danger of falling under the Trades Descriptions Act. 

Hail. 

“Obviously, we ran the ball well, but in the passing game a lot of times, they were tit for tat. They were there, where they needed to be and a lot of times they were taking the routes that needed to be run and that’s disheartening, but we have to come up with something for that.”

Griffin said he didn’t take the Eagles’ success on defense as a sign that Washington’s attack has become predictable as a whole.

“I don’t think it has become predictable,” he said. “DeMeco Ryans is a good linebacker and they do good things with him and the other guy – Najee Goode. They allowed DeMeco to play the pass first. A lot of times, we were trying to hit those [play-action] holes behind him and he can run to those holes. I think on the back, they did a good job of running to those holes as well – kind of scheming stuff and knowing what type of hole we’re trying to hit on those three level holes, or whatever you might want to call it. I don’t think we’ve become predictable. I just think they had the right call in the right situation and they lucked into some pretty

good recoveries.”

/thread

Mike Shanahan said in his post game press conference that we just weren't executing the plays well enough in tight situations.

Since RG3 is responsible for the offensive execution, Mike Shanahan was actually saying: "RG3 sucks and is to blame for our offensive failures. Also, he isn't clutch. What a **** player, he needs to get good."

I can't believe that Mike Shanahan would say such things about RG3. This really points to his character as a person, we should have known better than to hire a guy with a mega mansion in Denver full of tanning beds. That's the first thing Peyton Manning ripped out- the tanning beds.

Mike Shanahan said in his post game press conference that we just weren't executing the plays well enough in tight situations.

Since RG3 is responsible for the offensive execution, Mike Shanahan was actually saying: "RG3 sucks and is to blame for our offensive failures. Also, he isn't clutch. What a **** player, he needs to get good."

I can't believe that Mike Shanahan would say such things about RG3. This really points to his character as a person, we should have known better than to hire a guy with a mega mansion in Denver full of tanning beds. That's the first thing Peyton Manning ripped out- the tanning beds.

Are you a professional translator?!?!   :)

Kidding aside..RG3 sucked for 3 quarters, and even in the 4th he misfired on quite a few balls.  He shows resiliency, which is something not a lot of quarterbacks have in the league.  There seemed to be penetration on every single play, and RG3 looked shaken if he had to go through his reads.  Even his scrambling to avoid a rush looks awkward.  It's like he's been hit so much he doesn't know which way he should be sliding to avoid hits.

The O-Line will be top priority next year!

I never said Shanahan was a great leader. It's not like I'm picking sides. It's just clear that we have a lack of genuine leaders right now.  Sad to say it, Darrell Green was right.

To paraphrase, when asked about why they weren't able to execute the passing game, he responded: They did a great job of scheming us up. They knew exactly what was coming before it happened.

That's not word for word, but it's pretty close.

He is clearly saying we were out schemed.  Scheme is the responsibility of the coaching staff. By saying that he indirectly placed blame on the coaching staff.

I think you are trying to fabricate a controversy.

Archived