Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin Points Blame At Coaching (Postgame-Eagles)

truskinsfan18

No it's my fault.  The team has sucked so bad this year, that when were down 24-0, I just shrugged my shoulders, became indifferent, and turned the channel so my kids could watch toddler toons.   In all my years as a Redskin fan I have never felt that indifferent this early in a season to where I just didn't care.   Am I the only one who feels this way?

coming form the man who fumbled once intercepted once and could not hit wide open receivers down field. His passing has not even been league average this year. Its as of he has forgotten how to throw the ball

He needs to read defenses better and go through his progression faster much faster

I'll be one of the first people to tell you that RG III is a self righteous douche, but the failures today aren't entirely on him. He put the ball on some guys, and he had his faults (the fumble and missing Logan, were the only things I was realllly upset at) but as long as he throws the Shannys under the bus, and unites the locker room against them, I'm all for it. His stunted growth is also a derivative of marginal coaching and mediocre leadership exuded by the Shannys. Truthfully I'd prefer neither of them long term, but we can at least salvage RG III...Like Gibbs, looks like the game is ahead of the Mike Shanahan, and he should just retire and never come back. A good coach shouldn't need elite talent to make a competitive team. 

After watching thar presser...RG3 did NOT call anyone out. With that said, I'm sick of this team, including RG3 and the coaches. The only consistent player all year is Alfred Morris. I really regret that RG3 trade..watching Foles, Glennon, Wilson...I'd honestly rather have them at this point given RG3's drama and 2nd ACL. We screwed ourselves big time.

It's not blame; it's the truth. He answered the questions honestly. His reputation is the one going down with this weak *** offense he's stuck in. He's the scapegoat every week. Fans are turning on him. We're literally stacking the odds against him, and blaming him for not overcoming it all. You don't develop an elite QB like this.

QFT

Rookie if the year one year, freakin phenom, then suddenly a large chunk of the fan base thinks he's suddenly become a poor decision maker with poor accuracy. Lol.

Griff answered honestly, perhaps too honestly. And he's right the passing game is simple, especially the read-option PA passing game. It's nothing new defenses (nfc east) have been keyed in all season.

I'm surprised more fans can't discern how the play calling effects execution. Did Griff miss some throws? Yeah. Every QB does, every game. But net-net the scheming open receivers was a bigger impediment to the passing game then a few missed throws from Griff.

This offense is schizophrenic and under achieving. Imho it's poorly coordinated. I'm not going to go into because I've detailed it before in numerous threads and sadly the same issues pop up.

But yeah let's blame the QB.

Btw- what QB has this staff/Kyle gotten along with? If this offense only works with Rex then something ain't right.

We have one if the most talented QBs in the league and this offense is the best we can do?

The regime is failing Griffin.

coming form the man who fumbled once intercepted once and could not hit wide open receivers down field. His passing has not even been league average this year. Its as of he has forgotten how to throw the ball

He needs to read defenses better and go through his progression faster much faster

Actually his passing is in the middle of the pack this year. For example, the great Andrew Luck, ya know the top 5 QB that people can't get enough of can't even complete 60% of his passes thus far.

RG3's drama 

Can you quantify this and explain how his off-the-field performance realistically impacts the chemistry of this team? I haven't observed any significant changes in his approach to press conferences this year, nor a spike in his media saturation, and it made little impact when we were winning. But isn't that always the way?

We were out coached and he did miss some open receivers.  But again the Defense gave up almost 300 yards the first half...   

We run to many plays from the same formations with not much variance on pass patterns.  RGIII was right on some of the replays you could see the fake on the read option drop back to pass the eagles back field new exactly were the routes were running to.  You saw them turn after the fake and run straight to the spots on the field.  There were really coached up.  And we did not complete many until we went to basic pass formations and run some different routes.

We do not any timing patterns,  Just watched Brees and Now Peyton throw on rhythm and it is a thing of beauty...   

Defense again made teh qb look like a HOF just as they did with Vikings last week and Seattle shuts him down completely.   Again our defense front gets no push and you saw the eagles do what every one has done when we are in the Pistol on a passing down put the pressure up the middle and get their hands up.  4 or 5 batted balls today as well...  Plus RGIII foot work in the pocket is getting better but he is not there yet for sure.

Heck what was that last throw off his back foot he did not have to throw falling away.  SHould have zing it in the stands.  DId he think it was 4th down or something.

Out Coached and schemed the first 3 quarters with to many missed receivers and make mistakes and turnovers on their side of the field...

Can you quantify this and explain how his off-the-field performance realistically impacts the chemistry of this team? I haven't observed any significant changes in his approach to press conferences this year, nor a spike in his media saturation, and it made little impact when we were winning. But isn't that always the way?

I made a general statement about the RG3 drama...I hear from people wired in, that the coach and him don't get along, all summer he was talking **** about the Seattle game, he was all over doing documentaries and giving meaningless press conferences. I guarantee we have a whole new coaching staff next year (which might not be a bad thing, but our QB shouldn't dictate it)

luck has a 87.0 rating  RG3 84 a lot of his stats came from junk time when the other team was way ahead and giving us short stuff 

RG3 passing has been off all year especially on the deep ball. Last year he hit people in stride now they have to wait or its behind them or above them. Not even close to the same guy. I guess next year will tell if its the knee. 

Here is the presser guys...

Listen to it and make your own decisions.

The Q and A that the OP is referring to is  at 5:10 is where the question is asked and then Robert answers.

OP

FAIL.

[in the spirit of the OP]

I broke down film of the above press conference and have come to a shocking conclusion... Robert Griffin III has a cocaine problem. During the course of the 8 minute clip, he flicked, rubbed, or scratched his nostrils no less than 18 times. Most instances involved him flicking or rubbing his nostril rims, as if removing cocaine powder. The most egregious examples come at 5:12, 6:49, and 7:40.

So from the post-game preserved we can conclude that RG3 has a cocaine problem and blames the coaches for the loss.

He tried to throw it out of the back of the end zone, it didn't work. The season was over long before that pass but we can act like it wasn't if you want too...

Do you honestly believe he was throwing that pass away? C'mon. He was trying to make a play that wasn't there. You throw the ball away and come back and convert 4th and 1.

And the season wasnt over, but it definitely is now. And our QB is partly to blame.

McGloin played the texans and his running back had 150 rushing yards. And McGloin had one more TD on the day than Griffin and 100 yards less of total offense. Yep completely outplayed Griffin today....

Whoa. Really.. Are you saying the Raiders have more talent than the Redskins?  Are you saying the Raiders third string running back is better than Alfred Morris? Isn't Tony Pashos (OL cut by Skins in Preseason) their LT... finally as a Redskins fan how can you say they were JUST playing the Texans after losing to the ONE win Vikings..  You've made my point exactly..

After watching thar presser...RG3 did NOT call anyone out. With that said, I'm sick of this team, including RG3 and the coaches. The only consistent player all year is Alfred Morris. I really regret that RG3 trade..watching Foles, Glennon, Wilson...I'd honestly rather have them at this point given RG3's drama and 2nd ACL. We screwed ourselves big time.

Wow Mike Glendon...Is that a joke? Is this what we have come to as a fanbase?

I kinda wish RG3 bails on this team in 2 years and goes to a team with a fanbase that appreciates him. It would serve us right if he went and had a HoF career while we linger in mediocrity. I can almost see it now

We have had the same problems over on Eagles forums . But I think we have it worse since no one in there right mind can say Vick is a good QB. There is the Die Hard pro Vick fans and won't hear anything else , on other hands there is the anti Vick Fans they go just as extreme . Im just glad to know Eagles are not only ones fighting like this .RG3 is a much better QB than vick , mainly because he is actually a QB . I think he was pressured to come back and play before he was ready . You guys have a good back up in Cousins and  RG could of slowly eased back into the saddle . Just IMO . Thanks for breaking our streak we needed it bad .

Wow Mike Glendon...Is that a joke? Is this what we have come to as a fanbase?

I kinda wish RG3 bails on this team in 2 years and goes to a team with a fanbase that appreciates him. It would serve us right if he went and had a HoF career while we linger in mediocrity. I can almost see it now

Wont make a difference if he cant do the basics as a NFL qb and hit wide open wrs

a lot of his stats came from junk time

This statement is relevant to both Eagles games and the Packers game. Less relevant would be the Broncos game, where his performance actually went down in a losing situation. One quarter per game, four games. He's played 40 quarters. 10% of his overall output in 2013 could be described as happening in junk time. No, "a lot" of his stats did not come from that.

We have had the same problems over on Eagles forums . But I think we have it worse since no one in there right mind can say Vick is a good QB. There is the Die Hard pro Vick fans and won't hear anything else , on other hands there is the anti Vick Fans they go just as extreme . Im just glad to know Eagles are not only ones fighting like this .RG3 is a much better QB than vick , mainly because he is actually a QB . I think he was pressured to come back and play before he was ready . You guys have a good back up in Cousins and  RG could of slowly eased back into the saddle . Just IMO . Thanks for breaking our streak we needed it bad .

LMAO

Our rivals have no respect for us. I'm guessing you'd never post this on a Giants/Dallas board right?

We are such a joke

Archived