Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin Points Blame At Coaching (Postgame-Eagles)

truskinsfan18

My exact statement was that the Eagles have been the hottest offense for the 2 weeks prior to playing us. That is what I was referencing.

They played the Cowboys several weeks ago.

I'm not sure what your point was though. They were shredding our defense before they let up the tempo to milk the clock.

Griffin needs to be concerned about hitting wide open wide receivers and being a qb rather than blame it on scheme.

This is getting tiring, when will he come up to the mic and say "Its my fault, I didn't make the throws needed" "we lost because of me" until then he wont take the steps necessary to developing as a qb. 

He needs to take responsibility for his play, the last throw was just horrendous decision making. You look to throw it away in the face of pressure and you have one down left.

You mean saying things like "I threw that pass off my back foot. It was a bad decision. I need to learn from it and move on." ? Because he said that during the press conference too. But people don't hear that in their blind rage against the uppity quarterback.

I always laugh when I hear "they had a gameplan and took things away from us."

You NEVER hear Peyton Manning or Tom Brady say "they took things away from us", because they can rip you apart no matter what.

They didn't take away jack ****. We just sucked. Primarily at QB.

Manning praised the Colts defense just a few weeks ago. People make these baseless claims, like Manning/Brady are super hero's, just to be negative. You probably don't even watch Manning or Brady press conferences after losses.

You mean saying things like "I threw that pass off my back foot. It was a bad decision. I need to learn from it and move on." ? Because he said that during the press conference too. But people don't hear that in their blind rage against the uppity quarterback.

Manning praised the Colts defense just a few weeks ago. People make these baseless claims, like Manning/Brady are super hero's, just to be negative. You probably don't even watch Manning or Brady press conferences after losses.

Guys. Stop researching thing before posting.

You sound smart.

I'm not sure what your point was though. They were shredding our defense before they let up the tempo to milk the clock.

I was responding to the guy who said our defense is the reason we lost. We were able to hold them under 30 points considering they dominated time of possession because our offense couldn't stay on the field.

I was responding to the guy who said our defense is the reason we lost. We were able to hold them under 30 points considering they dominated time of possession because our offense couldn't stay on the field.

And I just kind of bombed the argument that the defense played well, though I think you missed that point.

This whole team cannot play 60 minutes of football and what i see a good amount of times is the offense showing up until they suddenly stop and the d gets trainwrecked or the d doing a decent job and the o not getting it together , the only one i see playing consistently is morris and im glad we found him, I am waiting till next year to panic if we stink.

It took like two minutes to look up a video of Manning praising a defense that beat him. And the thing is, our offense IS predictable. I've been beating that horse for weeks.

Did Manning also throw for only 30 yards through 3 quarters and throw a game losing interception?

Also, RG3 didn't just praise the Eagles defense. He also said "They knew what was coming".  This implies our coaching staff was not prepared.

If he would have just said their defense played great, then that would be a different story.  He specifically pointed to schemes.

And for the record, because I feel like venting:

Do you know who's to blame? EVERYONE!!! Everyone is accountable!

The Front Office, the Coaching Staff and the Players. Every single group, to a man, is accountable for this season. There should be no finger pointing. Fans shouldn't be trying to lay individual blame, it's on freakin' everyone! Sure, some guys may be playing well as individuals, but that hasn't helped the team.

And I bet you, to a man, they all understand that. Everyone is accountable. That means there has to be corrective measures taken. I can't tell you what those are because I'm not inside the Redskins facilities. I'd bet a large sum of cash (if I were a betting man, because I'm not) that they have a good idea what the issues are. Every single person needs to fix them, or they could be looking for a job. No man is above that. In any situation. Look in the mirror, internalize what you can do better, and figure out how you can help the team more.

That's it.

That's all there is to it.

There's not a SINGLE person on the team who isn't to blame.

Why do you ask? Because football is a TEAM game.

The playoff run last year? A team accomplishment. This abomination? A team accomplishment. The team trumps all, and it encompasses the entire organization.

Thats just WAY too much common sense for this thread...

There is MORE than enough blame to go around; enough to fill the cups of every single person in the organization, outside of Morris.

Its time the team and coaches sit down, have an all-out ****fest, and get everything off their chests.

then, when the next press conference comes, every single person should stand there and take responsibility and blame themselves, no one else. It is a team game, and the team is so out of coordination the chances of them winning another game this year is dismal.

We've all experienced a total collapse of a division-winning football team, and no one is immune from scrutiny; not Griffin, not Mike, not Haslett, not Kyle, no one outside of Morris. Here this kid comes into the league, has a great rookie season, far exceeding the expectations of everyone, and now this year he's doing what he can, but is not getting any support from teammates or coaches. It wouldn't surprise me to see this ruin him.

K dawg-

Agree with your post. I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

Every week, we at ES want to find a scapegoat. But rare is the game where you can point the finger at one part of the team.

The o will light up a d for 5 straight scores- then not score a point for almost 30 minutes.

The d will hold manning to 14 points for 3 quarters. Then get lit up by Christian ponder.

Not to mention the coaching. We just got swept by a guy whose coached as many NFL games as me before this year. We got beat by a bad Dallas team coming off a bye week. How does that happen?

Nope. We are a bad team. A big, collective pile of suck.

It's not one person, or even one unit . It's all bad .

My exact statement was that the Eagles have been the hottest offense for the 2 weeks prior to playing us. That is what I was referencing.

They played the Cowboys several weeks ago.

So playing like crap before then doesn't count? You can't just cherry pick certain parts of a season while completely disregarding others to make some silly point.

So playing like crap before then doesn't count? You can't just cherry pick certain parts of a season while completely disregarding others to make some silly point.

This is nonsense.

The NFL is a week to week game.  They were the hottest offense for the two weeks leading up to the game.  We held them to 24 points, which is good enough.  This was the main point.

Did Manning also throw for only 30 yards through 3 quarters and throw a game losing interception?

Also, RG3 didn't just praise the Eagles defense. He also said "They knew what was coming".  This implies our coaching staff was not prepared.

If he would have just said their defense played great, then that would be a different story.  He specifically pointed to schemes.

You're jumping from subject to subject, one. Griffin's stats could be used as support for the point he's making.

Second, if Manning or Brady had an OC calling the same 7 plays over and over in the same situations over and over and defenses knew what was coming, you think they'd sit there and smile?

You're not going to make me condemn Griffin for subtly nudging our coaches to wake the hell up. He's right. Our offense is simple, and predictable, and it's easy to gameplan for.

You're jumping from subject to subject, one. Griffin's stats could be used as support for the point he's making.

Second, if Manning or Brady had an OC calling the same 7 plays over and over in the same situations over and over and defenses knew what was coming, you think they'd sit there and smile?

You're not going to make me condemn Griffin for subtly nudging our coaches to wake the hell up. He's right. Our offense is simple, and predictable, and it's easy to gameplan for.

That's fine, at least you acknowledge that he is in fact pointing blame, regardless of whether or not it's subtle.

That's fine, at least you acknowledge the fact that he is in fact pointing blame, regardless of whether or not it's subtle.

It's not blame; it's the truth. He answered the questions honestly. His reputation is the one going down with this weak *** offense he's stuck in. He's the scapegoat every week. Fans are turning on him. We're literally stacking the odds against him, and blaming him for not overcoming it all. You don't develop an elite QB like this.

This is nonsense.

The NFL is a week to week game.  They were the hottest offense for the two weeks leading up to the game.  We held them to 24 points, which is good enough.  This was the main point.

Regardless of the "nature of the league," it does matter that we're about 100 points away from our franchise record with 6 games to go. It matters a great deal.

There are too many fans blinded by the RGIII hype.. He could have six offensive all-pro's around him, and it still wouldn't be his fault.

But he doesn't.

And he made so much out of even less last season.

He deserves the benefit of the doubt

There are too many fans blinded by the RGIII hype.. He could have six offensive all-pro's around him, and it still wouldn't be his fault..  How dare we disparage the all mighty QB..  Is the talent completely there.. NO..  But McGowain outplayed RGIII today.

McGloin played the texans and his running back had 150 rushing yards. And McGloin had one more TD on the day than Griffin and 100 yards less of total offense. Yep completely outplayed Griffin today....

Archived