Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin Points Blame At Coaching (Postgame-Eagles)

truskinsfan18

If Griffin said it was exclusively on the scheme then it's one thing. I haven't seen anything posted about his entire press conference. I'm willing to bet he owned up to his own mistakes as well, as he usually does. Again, this thread is about one answer to one question where he gave credit to the Eagles for the defensive scheme. Equating that to throwing coaches under the bus is downright stupid. You can use caps. STUPID.

And my thread is stupid? Do you even hear what you have said? You didn't even watch the press conference, based on you saying you would be "willing to bet he owned up to his own mistakes...".

No one ever said RG3 is not owning up to his mistakes, although I did not hear him say it in the press conference. You have also provided no evidence of him explicitly stating his poor performance was the reason for our embarrassing offensive output.

What we ARE saying is that he did publicly state that partial blame is on the scheme.

You don't just bench your QB because he's struggling when the week before he played great. Should the falcons bench Matt Ryan or the ravens Joe Flacco? How about Kaepernick considering he's having yet another awful game? No they shouldn't and neither should we. This town for some reason thinks you should immediately bench the QB when something goes wrong or he plays poorly. He's 23 and in his second season, let him play through this. We have no defense whatsoever so even when Griffin improves and he will, we won't be able to beat teams.

You obviously didn't watch the Saints game. Kap played a good game today. If Frank Gore would of caught the wide open pass late in the 4th quarter which would of got them in FG position would of iced the game. The REF's gave that game to NO with that BS call on Brees. 

If Griffin said it was exclusively on the scheme then it's one thing. I haven't seen anything posted about his entire press conference. I'm willing to bet he owned up to his own mistakes as well, as he usually does. Again, this thread is about one answer to one question where he gave credit to the Eagles for the defensive scheme. Equating that to throwing coaches under the bus is downright stupid. You can use caps. STUPID.

You've switched arguments.  First it was "reading between the lines" and "Theres no hidden message" and now you are saying that it wasn't "exclusively on the scheme".  It's probably best for RG3 to just own up to his mistakes and not worry about talking to the media about what else may have gone wrong, he's already been criticized too much for showing up the coaches.  

I agree with you in regards to benching RG3.  My point was simply to counter your position, which is to deflect blame away from RG3, by pointing out that two high profile knowledgeable homers felt that Griffin played poorly.  So poorly that Shanahan would have been justified sitting him down.   I think you need to come to grips with the fact that while other aspects of the team have not played well, RG3 has also played poorly and that his poor play is not everyone elses fault.

And I said he played poorly but he wasn't the only one. You have people exclusively blaming him. The defense is dreadful, the offensive line cannot block whatsoever, Moss, Davis, and Morgan are wasted roster spots, our special teams are the worst I've ever seen but for some reason benching Griffin for Cousins will suddenly mask all of these issues...

Enough with the lesson teaching ****. You don't teach a young QB a lesson by benching him, you coach him.

And for the record I'm sick of hearing about his endorsements, considering nearly every athlete has them and it's how they make a major part of their living.

Then what is your suggestion?   Obviously he hasn't turned the corner. Obviously he didn't come out and say "I was inaccurate today, it wasn't my best game" Just let him be a media icon and twitter posting fool. Yes he needs help, but RGIII is not a pocket passer. He's not the panchaea everyone made him out to be  

You've switched arguments. First it was "reading between the lines" and "Theres no hidden message" and now you are saying that it wasn't "exclusively on the scheme". It's probably best for RG3 to just own up to his mistakes and not worry about talking to the media about what else may have gone wrong, he's already been criticized too much for showing up the coaches.

I'm not switching arguments. My argument was that this thread is stupid because it's based on one solitary quote in a press conference. The rest is just background noise, arguing semantics.

Then what is your suggestion?   Obviously he hasn't turned the corner. Obviously he didn't come out and say "I was inaccurate today, it wasn't my best game" Just let him be a media icon and twitter posting fool. Yes he needs help, but RGIII is not a pocket passer. He's not the panchaea everyone made him out to be

For crying out loud our roster blows. Name one other team Polumbus would start for or how about Moss, Morgan and Paulsen? He hasn't turned the corner because he's a second year player coming off of an injury. RGIII was a damn fine pocket passer last year or was that season a figment of my imagination?

Whether or not he "slammed" the coaches or not, he still pointed blame on our gameplan.

Read between the lines.

Obviously he's not going to come out and say " **** the coaches".

This entire thread is a ****ing joke dude. You are reaching...a lot

You even admitted you paraphrased it. Are you kidding me? At least if you're gonna make **** up, get the real quote

Benching Robert for a game, fine.  It won't be accomplishing anything.

It all comes back to coaching and it's clear the coaches aren't coaching Robert to play his best.

This I can agree with.  Most of the players aren't put in the best position to win.

I always laugh when I hear "they had a gameplan and took things away from us."

You NEVER hear Peyton Manning or Tom Brady say "they took things away from us", because they can rip you apart no matter what.

They didn't take away jack ****. We just sucked. Primarily at QB.

You just compared Robert to Manning and Brady.  A second year QB who is less than a year removed from reconstructive knee surgery.  Say it with me...reconstructive.  He's going to have bad games.  Relax.  Our entire team blows.

Absolutely true.  It could've been 7-0 early, but he clearly sailed that pass.  RG3 needs to man up and take some responsibility for his own play.

So when RG3 had a pocket to pass in last year does that not make him a pocket passer? Oh wait there is no pocket to throw in for god sake. The offensive line has went from decent last year to pure garbage this year.

For crying out loud our roster blows. Name one other team Polumbus would start for or how about Moss, Morgan and Paulsen? He hasn't turned the corner because he's a second year player coming off of an injury. RGIII was a damn fine pocket passer last year or was that season a figment of my imagination?

If you think he was a fine "Pocket Passer" then there is nothing and I mean nothing that will change your mind. The roster is not horrible, look at all the cast offs from the Redskins playing around the league. Paulsen was a media darling just a few weeks ago. Moss made two very good catches down the middle today.... Morgan is trash.. Morgan has been trash since he got that Personal foul penalty that cost us the Rams game last year.

Ahh calm down DC, I'm breaking your balls a little bit. Sheesh

I know.  No worries :) .

And there is legit concern from me about this entire coaching staff and I'm not sure I can support the old man coming back (or any of the others save for Sean McVay).

But this enabling of Griffin has been atrocious is all.  Even if he didn't say exactly what was in the thread OP, I've heard him say just as bad and he just has to learn.

I will say that if KDawg is right and this was a compliment to the Eagles coaching (as I didn't hear the quote) then I am entirely okay with it.  Tactful shots are all he has and that would be a very tactful one.

This entire thread is a ****ing joke dude. You are reaching...a lot

You even admitted you paraphrased it. Are you kidding me? At least if you're gonna make **** up, get the real quote

So you're saying DON'T jump to a ridiculous conclusion and freak out over it?

Wow. Mind blown. I had my game board all ready for use:

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Archived