Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin Points Blame At Coaching (Postgame-Eagles)

truskinsfan18

Go to the three minute mark.

"They did a good job of scheming us up. In the passing game, they knew what was coming".

He is deflecting blame from himself throughout the press conference. Even at the five minute mark he starts talking about scheme again.

He then goes at length to compliment the Eagles players for making play. Hell, even said they lucked into a few.

He took responsibility for the last pick and the whole time he was saying that they weren't executing.

This thread is stupid and is doing nothing but starting more ****. It should be closed

For once I want to hear RG3 say I. I sucked. I made mistakes.

Great leaders never accept praise, instead sharing it with everyone, and take all the blame. Joe Gibbs would always do this, and that's why his teams played their asses off for him. He never took credit but he would always take all the blame.

RG3 says we too much. I want him to take all the blame, whether he deserves it or not(and for the most part he does).

I remember people on this board specifically criticizing him at the beginning of the season for taking the blame and saying he wasnt making excuses etc he needed to play better as the QB etc. Nobody liked that then, they thought it was fake leadership. 

so **** it I guess the guy just cant win with some people.

I never said Shanahan was a great leader. It's not like I'm picking sides. It's just clear that we have a lack of genuine leaders right now. Sad to say it, Darrell Green was right.

Darrell Green doesn't even think Darrell Green was right! Christ dude, drop the act and log off the computer.

Go to the three minute mark.

"They did a good job of scheming us up. In the passing game, they knew what was coming".

He is deflecting blame from himself throughout the press conference. Even at the five minute mark he starts talking about scheme again.

You are being obtuse. How is complimenting them on their scheme and execution in any way an attack on the coaching staff. You sound like a freeper or an alex jones following conspiracy theorist.

/insanethread

I watched once for the first time, even last yr, robert griffin actually STEPPED UP into a pocket and thru a rope to santana moss in the 4th quarter...that is RG3's problem...he never steps up into the pocket-he tries to go around the pocket

This pocket you speak of....IT DOESN'T EXIST!

He then goes at length to compliment the Eagles players for making play. Hell, even said they lucked into a few.

He took responsibility for the last pick and the whole time he was saying that they weren't executing.

This thread is stupid and is doing nothing but starting more ****. It should be closed

I second that emotion.

I remember people on this board specifically criticizing him at the beginning of the season for taking the blame and saying he wasnt making excuses etc he needed to play better as the QB etc. Nobody liked that then, they thought it was fake leadership. 

so **** it I guess the guy just cant win with some people.

dude....I have no words anymore.

He CANNOT win. It's disgusting

To clarify I think we should let RG3 finish the season and he should be our future. But I have my doubts because he continues to place blame on others when we fail on offense.

This thread is the Ultimate in trolling. I thought you were serious but now I know you are just having a bit of fun  after a tough loss.

Good job OP.  It got me at first...

You are being obtuse. How is complimenting them on their scheme and execution in any way an attack on the coaching staff. You sound like a freeper or an alex jones following conspiracy theorist.

/insanethread

He is saying they had a better scheme/gameplan today, is he not?

The coaching staff is responsible for the scheme/gameplan.

If he would have explicitly said we just didn't execute today, it would be a non-issue.

Their is enough blame to go around.  RG III looked bad the team looked unprepared in the first half.  The defense in the first half looked downright horrible in every regard.  The special teams had another bad showing muffed punt and a 22 yard shank by Rocca. At times the offensive play calling was bad but it is what it is.  All year this team has been unable to put together a full 60 minuet football game  and that blame falls squarely on Mike Shanahan.

Easy, security blanket play for a second year guy still developing. 

Hail. 

Yeah, but don't complain they knew what was coming when the one route you complete over 60% more than any other is covered.

I said this about Griffin after the Lions game.  Teams have figured out what makes him uncomfortable and he has to adjust and throw his way out of it.  If he doesn't, we are stuck with who he is.

So that's on the coaches and the QB... but as you can see, Griffin doesn't throw the ball well outside the hashmarks, so there is only so much you can do if you want to have a successful or even productive passing game.

It doesn't found like he's blaming the game plan?

Not even a little?

We've heard that there is-allegedly- tension between griff and Kyle. This wouldn't surprise me.

And while he did miss receivers, it seemed almost every play he pulled the ball down cuz his first and second read was covered. Or the pocket was collapsing.

Again, griff didn't have a good game when he did have chances. But it sounds like he wasnt happy with the plan to me.

Yeah definitely. I'd like to see LeRibeus, Compton and Gettis get a shot along with Brandon Jenkins.

Easy on Ribs.  I'm not sure I want him in there if Griffin is at QB.  Gettis and Compton, sure.  And Jenkins absolutely!

Jason Campbell took all the blame on his shoulders and this fanbase ****ed because he wouldn't blame others, Griffin takes the blame and says the whole team needs to perform better and the fanbase ****es because he won't blame himself exclusively.

Surely, you are not being serious with this post. If so, you are either trying to completely be a history revisionist or just flat out lying.

Jason Campbell NEVER took responsibility for his mistakes and short-comings. He always deflected and placed the blame on others, and even had the nerve to insinuate that the fans were too mean and he didn't like playing home games because of them. He said that the team treated him like "used toilet paper" but he never had a problem throwing anyone of his teammates under the bus.

The fanbase "****ed" because he had no emotion or sense of drive when he was on or off the field. When he over threw a receiver by 15 yads, he just mossied off the field. He also couldn't read a defense and played scared. Fans never complained that he took on too much blame, and, as the poster who is claiming such an eronious piece of fiction, the onus is on you to come back here with even one post proving otherwise. Good luck with that task.

Griffin was just called out this week by a former Redskins legend for not being a leader. Today would have been a great time for him to make his case that Green was wrong and that he is a leader. He seems to have missed that target as well as many of the open ones he had on the field today.

Griffin needs to be concerned about hitting wide open wide receivers and being a qb rather than blame it on scheme.

This is getting tiring, when will he come up to the mic and say "Its my fault, I didn't make the throws needed" "we lost because of me" until then he wont take the steps necessary to developing as a qb. 

He needs to take responsibility for his play, the last throw was just horrendous decision making. You look to throw it away in the face of pressure and you have one down left.

Archived