Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin Points Blame At Coaching (Postgame-Eagles)

truskinsfan18

People should think about this deductively. Start with the general and dig deeper.

"They knew exactly what was coming".  That clearly is saying the other coaches had a better scheme today, which is why we struggled.

For a guy who had less than 30 yards passing 3 quarters into an NFL football game, he should not be pointing to anyone but himself.

The Defense and Special Teams suck. Cap Penalty. ****ty receivers. ****ty offensive line. Griffin should slam this ****ty organization every time the opportunity presents itself

The defense held the hottest offense in the NFL for the past 2 weeks to only 24 points. That's commendable.

How about RG3 only passing for 30 yards in 3 quarters against a BOTTOM FIVE passing defense.

RGIII has become a joke.. Three #1's and a #2 for what..  TV ad's.. Subway commercial's and blaming your Head Coach at every turn.

Hopefully Shanahan before he retires or gets fired, puts this QB in his place, and plays Cousins just to teach him a lesson. It's our only hope to turn this franchise around in the next 5 years.

2012 was just all made up I suppose.  We really didn't win the NFC East last year, ending over a 10 year drought?  Oh and Robert had nothing to do with that at all, nope.  He was simply just a guy who happened to be on the team at the time.  I gotcha loud and clear here.

But I know, I know.......SUBWAY COMMERCIALS......OH THE HORROR!

The defense held the hottest offense in the NFL for the past 2 weeks to only 24 points. That's commendable.

How about RG3 only passing for 30 yards in 3 quarters against a BOTTOM FIVE passing defense.

Did you even mentally digest the teams they played the past "2 weeks"?

After a loss, it's safer to talk about what your opponents did well, rather than what your side did poorly. That's what I think Griffin was trying to do. And, Griffin was wise to leave those kind of public judgements to the coaches, who get paid to handle those things.

Frankly, the media will, one day, eventually ask Griffin about his passing accuracy issues this season versus last season. How Griffin answers that type of question would be revealing of both his character and his mindset about being part of the Skins team under Shanahan. I really don't see how he can be pointing fingers at his coaches, when his reliability in reading defenses and executing the plays is still "developing."

Funny, people raining on RGIII...He practically evened that game by his damn self. Many of the missed passes were with pressure in his face. The final int was an attempted throwaway with 3 Eagles bearing down on him...not to mention a blow to the head. The officiating was horrible & I wouldn't mention it except, if what Treat was saying is true, then it shows a egregious conflict of interest.

Otherwise...The defense was despicable, there was no heart or emotion from anyone other than RGIII, Garçon, or Morris. The play-calling was inconsistent & predictable. We still can't pass protect, & when the chips were down & we had no choice but to up our tempo & let RGIII run the offense we started looking dangerous again.

Did he miss some passes? Don't all Qb's? What isn't acceptable is marked inaccuracy & consistent mistakes...This is not what RGIII does. Rather, once he was able to get in a rhythm & make some plays, the offense began to open up.

Not to mention the movement happened without Reed & Hankerson, & Moss & Paulsen dropping passes they need to catch.

Of course...RGIII is the problem & needs to shut up...how dare he question the coaching as just about anyone who watches football with an IQ is also doing.

Philly wasn't respecting our passing game because we don't have weapons to get open consistently. It isn't brain surgery...you can bump-press-man & bring heat all day if you aren't afraid of anyone breaking coverage early & making a play. This hurts us almost more than anything else on offense.

“Obviously, we ran the ball well, but in the passing game a lot of times, they were tit for tat. They were there, where they needed to be and a lot of times they were taking the routes that needed to be run and that’s disheartening, but we have to come up with something for that.”

Griffin said he didn’t take the Eagles’ success on defense as a sign that Washington’s attack has become predictable as a whole.

“I don’t think it has become predictable,” he said. “DeMeco Ryans is a good linebacker and they do good things with him and the other guy – Najee Goode. They allowed DeMeco to play the pass first. A lot of times, we were trying to hit those [play-action] holes behind him and he can run to those holes. I think on the back, they did a good job of running to those holes as well – kind of scheming stuff and knowing what type of hole we’re trying to hit on those three level holes, or whatever you might want to call it. I don’t think we’ve become predictable. I just think they had the right call in the right situation and they lucked into some pretty

good recoveries.”

/thread

Where's this from? This is entirely different than the OP. :laugh:

And for the record, because I feel like venting:

Do you know who's to blame? EVERYONE!!! Everyone is accountable!

The Front Office, the Coaching Staff and the Players. Every single group, to a man, is accountable for this season. There should be no finger pointing. Fans shouldn't be trying to lay individual blame, it's on freakin' everyone! Sure, some guys may be playing well as individuals, but that hasn't helped the team.

And I bet you, to a man, they all understand that. Everyone is accountable. That means there has to be corrective measures taken. I can't tell you what those are because I'm not inside the Redskins facilities. I'd bet a large sum of cash (if I were a betting man, because I'm not) that they have a good idea what the issues are. Every single person needs to fix them, or they could be looking for a job. No man is above that. In any situation. Look in the mirror, internalize what you can do better, and figure out how you can help the team more.

That's it.

That's all there is to it.

There's not a SINGLE person on the team who isn't to blame.

Why do you ask? Because football is a TEAM game.

The playoff run last year? A team accomplishment. This abomination? A team accomplishment. The team trumps all, and it encompasses the entire organization.

To paraphrase, when asked about why they weren't able to execute the passing game, he responded: They did a great job of scheming us up. They knew exactly what was coming before it happened.

That's not word for word, but it's pretty close.

He is clearly saying we were out schemed.  Scheme is the responsibility of the coaching staff. By saying that he indirectly placed blame on the coaching staff.

Some of us have been saying all season that our offense is way too predictable. I've explained how easy we are to defend many times.

Here is the presser guys...

Listen to it and make your own decisions.

The Q and A that the OP is referring to is at 5:10 is where the question is asked and then Robert answers.

OP

FAIL.

Yep. There's no "there" there. There's enough about this team and Robert to criticize without having to make **** up.

This is on the entire team minus Morris and maybe Garcon.  The WR's are slow, the line sucks, ST is laughable for a pro team, the defense gets worked, the play calls look like me playing Madden(I suck btw), and we look so undisciplined its hilarious.  I feel that new QB is going to take his lumps but its obvious RG3 doesn't trust his Oline(for good reason).  He IS to blame but try learning something at this kind of level behind a crappy Oline and horrible receivers.  It has to be overwhelming.  

I wish Griffin would come out and and "I swear to God, if I ever get forced to pitch to Alfred again, I'm going to lose my mind" or "if these WR's keep running short of the 1st down marker...."

He isn't getting much help but he has sucked it up this year for sure.

Archived