Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin Points Blame At Coaching (Postgame-Eagles)

truskinsfan18

I always laugh when I hear "they had a gameplan and took things away from us."

You NEVER hear Peyton Manning or Tom Brady say "they took things away from us", because they can rip you apart no matter what.

They didn't take away jack ****. We just sucked. Primarily at QB.

You NEVER hear Peyton Manning or Tom Brady say "they took things away from us", because they can rip you apart no matter what.

Exactly, defenses have a job too.

If you're a good QB then you beat good defenses and game plans.  Teams gameplan to stop you, it's a given.

He offered praise. Not blame. There's a difference.

Did he not say the eagles gameplanned better than us?

I'm not saying he didn't praise the Eagles.

I'm saying he clearly was critical of our gameplan; this is something he should not open his mouth about IMO.

Oh and I also believe he also said wide receivers weren't getting open at times in the press conference as well.

For once I want to hear RG3 say I. I sucked. I made mistakes.

Great leaders never accept praise, instead sharing it with everyone, and take all the blame. Joe Gibbs would always do this, and that's why his teams played their asses off for him. He never took credit but he would always take all the blame.

RG3 says we too much. I want him to take all the blame, whether he deserves it or not(and for the most part he does).

Well geez if the two greatest QBs of all-time can do it, everybody should be able too.

Well geez if the two greatest QBs of all-time can do it, everybody should be able too.

My point is it's a loser mentality. Winners don't ever say "they took things away from us." Why can't we take anything away from anyone else? It has nothing to do with that, we just have bad players who couldn't get it done.

Whether or not he "slammed" the coaches or not, he still pointed blame on our gameplan.

Read between the lines.

Obviously he's not going to come out and say " **** the coaches".

Dude. Just walk away from this. You started a stupid thread predicated on reading between the lines of a press conference answer. This isn't scripted. Theres no hidden message. He answered a question that was posed by a reporter. That's it. This thread is a huge fail and you should be embarrassed.

My point is it's a loser mentality. Winners don't ever say "they took things away from us." Why can't we take anything away from anyone else? It has nothing to do with that, we just have bad players who couldn't get it done.

I agree it is not a leader mentality.

Remember the days of Gibbs calling Brunell "super-smart" after a terrible performance? And ALWAYS blaming himself as a coach for every loss.

The amount of open receivers is being greatly exaggerated by this fanbase. Even the announcers were saying no one could get open and how tremendous the eagles game plan was.

No you wouldn't. You'd blast him for something else. The Griffin fan club has nothing to do with this, it's the idiots who think a second year QB coming off of a major knee injury that happened less than a year ago, protected by this OL and surrounded with next to nothing to throw to should be an MVP and a pro bowl player.

I heard that Sonny, the redskins homer announcer and former QB, was calling for him to be benched.  Kevin Sheehan, the redskins homer radio host, called into the post game show and said RG3 had his worst game as a pro throwing the ball and that he felt he should have been benched for poor performance.  I guess they are just know-nothing fans eager to turn on RG3 too huh?  

RGIII has become a joke.. Three #1's and a #2 for what..  TV ad's.. Subway commercial's and blaming your Head Coach at every turn.

Hopefully Shanahan before he retires or gets fired, puts this QB in his place, and plays Cousins just to teach him a lesson. It's our only hope to turn this franchise around in the next 5 years.

Teh other question is always... who's improving, who's playing at a steady plateau and who's declining.

Can you name me three players on the entire roster who have improved their play from last year?

Exactly. But that is also partially on the coaches. Coaches have a responsibility to develop players and the players have a responsibility to develop themselves. I'm sure Reggie White didn't just  do the same thing over and over every play. But yet, thats what the D line, Kerrigan and Orakpo do. Hence no rush. It would make a huge difference if they could get pressure every play.

RGIII has become a joke.. Three #1's and a #2 for what.. TV ad's.. Subway commercial's and blaming your Head Coach at every turn.

Hopefully Shanahan before he retires or gets fired, puts this QB in his place, and plays Cousins just to teach him a lesson. It's our only hope to turn this franchise around in the next 5 years.

So what do you suggest? Should the Skins attempt to trade RGIII?

I heard that Sonny, the redskins homer announcer and former QB, was calling for him to be benched.  Kevin Sheehan, the redskins homer radio host, called into the post game show and said RG3 had his worst game as a pro throwing the ball and that he felt he should have been benched for poor performance.  I guess they are just know-nothing fans eager to turn on RG3 too huh?

You don't just bench your QB because he's struggling when the week before he played great. Should the falcons bench Matt Ryan or the ravens Joe Flacco? How about Kaepernick considering he's having yet another awful game? No they shouldn't and neither should we. This town for some reason thinks you should immediately bench the QB when something goes wrong or he plays poorly. He's 23 and in his second season, let him play through this. We have no defense whatsoever so even when Griffin improves and he will, we won't be able to beat teams.

Dude. Just walk away from this. You started a stupid thread predicated on reading between the lines of a press conference answer. This isn't scripted. Theres no hidden message. He answered a question that was posed by a reporter. That's it. This thread is a huge fail and you should be embarrassed.

I disagree.  Saying that the eagles essentially took away everything your team was trying to do absolutely deflects the blame off of himself and puts it on the play calling chess match.  Their play calling trumped the Redskins and that's why the Redskins were able to do anything.  

RGIII has become a joke.. Three #1's and a #2 for what..  TV ad's.. Subway commercial's and blaming your Head Coach at every turn.

Enough with the lesson teaching ****. You don't teach a young QB a lesson by benching him, you coach him.

And for the record I'm sick of hearing about his endorsements, considering nearly every athlete has them and it's how they make a major part of their living.

As I'm watching the Saints game, I see the gargantuan passing pockets, and all the time that Drew Brees has, I really want to scream at the next person that blames RG3 for playing perfect. And that's the problem with the Skins. Last year, RG3 played damn near perfect, which is what we needed to get us into the playoffs. Now that he's not playing perfect, the bandwagon RG3 haters assign all the blame on him. The next time you do, just watch the next offensive snap by the Saints, and tell me when was the last time you EVER saw a pocket like that afforded to Griffin, or more than 2 seconds before someone is ripping at his shoulder pads. 

I disagree. Saying that the eagles essentially took away everything your team was trying to do absolutely deflects the blame off of himself and puts it on the play calling chess match. Their play calling trumped the Redskins and that's why the Redskins were able to do anything.

If Griffin said it was exclusively on the scheme then it's one thing. I haven't seen anything posted about his entire press conference. I'm willing to bet he owned up to his own mistakes as well, as he usually does. Again, this thread is about one answer to one question where he gave credit to the Eagles for the defensive scheme. Equating that to throwing coaches under the bus is downright stupid. You can use caps. STUPID.

You don't just bench your QB because he's struggling when the week before he played great. Should the falcons bench Matt Ryan or the ravens Joe Flacco? How about Kaepernick considering he's having yet another awful game? No they shouldn't and neither should we. This town for some reason thinks you should immediately bench the QB when something goes wrong or he plays poorly. He's 23 and in his second season, let him play through this. We have no defense whatsoever so even when Griffin improves and he will, we won't be able to beat teams.

I agree with you in regards to benching RG3.  My point was simply to counter your position, which is to deflect blame away from RG3, by pointing out that two high profile knowledgeable homers felt that Griffin played poorly.  So poorly that Shanahan would have been justified sitting him down.   I think you need to come to grips with the fact that while other aspects of the team have not played well, RG3 has also played poorly and that his poor play is not everyone elses fault.  

Archived