Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

I honestly get the feeling that some on here would just outright cut him so that they won't have to hear the 1% who claim that Cousins is better or on the same level as Robert, lol.

And, as it is every year, the whole "this draft is one of the deepest ever" spiel gets people crazy. :blink:

There are some who legitimately don't think Cousins is a good QB or has the potential to be a good starter in the league, and I can understand that, though I disagree... but the majority of what I read about him here sounds heavily slanted against him with almost none of the situational context (of which is so willingly applied to Robert) when assessing his play.

Or rather some of us would rather we got someone that could contribute this year and/or next while we can rather than have a player that will be holding a clipboard and not resigning here.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012082551/2012/PRE3/colts@redskins/watch#menu=highlights

You'll have to cherry pick the highlights to see Tanard make an impact.  The youtube link is now dead (or at least I can't find it).

But he did well in this game.  I remember liking him more than Madoodoo specifically after Madoodoo gave up the big one to TY by being horrendously out of position.  That proved to be a theme for the season.

Or rather some of us would rather we got someone that could contribute this year and/or next while we can rather than have a player that will be holding a clipboard and not resigning here.

Not sure what you're arguing here. Are you saying you would just straight up cut him or take any pick for him, lol? 

Because, otherwise, we agree. I'd like to trade him and don't want to hold on to him until his contract is up, but I value him higher than most here and think he's worth at least a 2nd and MAAAAAYBE a 3rd (that pick better contribute or I'll be really annoyed). I'd rather have that insurance policy for Robert who hasn't shown himself to play the position safely (and, believe me, I really hope he does). 

But, yeah, the post of mine you quoted was not intended to imply anything against what you're saying here.      

A comeback is not impossible. Consider that Johnny Jolly stayed in football shape while serving jail time. Three years separated and he still had a good year.

Few teams are more due for to luck into something like this than the Redskins are.

But the odds are against us. 

We'll see.  I liked what I saw out of TJax a while back.  And we almost have five Jacksons, so he needs to stay on.

I'm also a sucker for comeback stories.

He was playing FS while Brandon played SS.

They rotated.  But that was the intent.  The offense dictated who played what.  Hopefully my guy Haz has shed those "chains" as well.

Bring him into camp. If he's got some game left then see what he can do. There are too many weaknesses on defense where we have no choice but to take chances and hope to get lucky.

He's under contract, he'll be there. 

Just temper your expectations.  Having options are what's important.  We have a lot of players with "passing grades" but no studs back there.  No telling who shines with Ryan Clark.  If he can calm down 21 he can calm anyone down.

tjax improves the team period.  I saw him play a lot in preseason and he is very good, he saved a few TDs in coverage.  Easily the best FS on the roster at the time and is likely going to be #2 FS.  It also means we need more Free Safeties. 

He was fast, fluid in coverage, good hands and ball awareness even outside of his "zone":  Much more of a cover safety than a hard hitter. Makes good decisions on the field, perhaps somewhat ironically. 

But he did well in this game.  I remember liking him more than Madoodoo specifically after Madoodoo gave up the big one to TY by being horrendously out of position.  That proved to be a theme for the season.

More like his entire career. Seriously, if the Redskins can't use you at safety it's a sign...and not a good one.

Trade a safety coming off a 2 year 3rd strike suspension and get a 2nd or a 3rd?  Yeah, right.

I see this as nothing but good news.  A coverage safety is just what we need, now we have 2 vets instead of a 6th round rookie who can't tackle.  Bring him ina and see what he's got, Why not?

Trade a safety coming off a 2 year 3rd strike suspension and get a 2nd or a 3rd?  Yeah, right.

I see this as nothing but good news.  A coverage safety is just what we need, now we have 2 vets instead of a 6th round rookie who can't tackle.  Bring him ina and see what he's got, Why not?

They're talking about Cousins.

Hang in there.

A comeback is not impossible. Consider that Johnny Jolly stayed in football shape while serving jail time. Three years separated and he still had a good year.

I think he's got plenty of time to get himself together if he's gonna try a comeback.  Assuming Jackson's not 250lbs by now.

tjax improves the team period.  I saw him play a lot in preseason and he is very good, he saved a few TDs in coverage.  Easily the best FS on the roster at the time and is likely going to be #2 FS.  It also means we need more Free Safeties. 

He was fast, fluid in coverage, good hands and ball awareness even outside of his "zone":  Much more of a cover safety than a hard hitter. Makes good decisions on the field, perhaps somewhat ironically. 

No harm in giving him a shot, IMO.  If the time away took something out of him, or he's not up to snuff in camp, cut him and move along.  They just shouldn't bank on him being the solution and not address the position in the draft, is all.

BPA discussions aside, would we rather Allen target a FS in the draft or an OL/DL?

It seems like we target S/DBs in most every draft, and have neglected the lines over that same period.

I would be perfectly fine with picking nothing but OL/DL/ILB

Archived