Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

I didn't know where else to put this, but I thought it was interesting enough to post:

It's an article detailing how the Packers have built through the draft and kept their core together.  The thing that surprised me was the graph at the end, which showed the Redskins as having the 7th highest number of players remaining as original draft picks.  This is what the vast majority of people in the media and other fans don't understand about how this team is run now.  We are building the right way, and are bringing in FAs when necessary in order to fill holes.  I know a part of that is due to the cap penalty, but I believe this is the way Bruce and co. are looking to run this team in the future as well.

Course, given how poorly this team performed last year, that isn't saying much about the players we drafted.

DC9

what do you think of an section at the bottom of the main page that lists which FAs the boards like/dislike or which FA the board feels could've helped that got away?

It actually might be thread worthy: those who got away, and then we could keep track next year and see how they did. Maybe a shorter thread...

Who would be on the list?

Byrd

Mitchell

Penn?

Not being sarcastic, just with the 1000 pages, I can't honestly even remember who we got all goosed up about...

If y'all think it's interesting (I do) and thread worthy, I can start the thread and then update the OP periodically for the folks we want to track....

It actually might be thread worthy: those who got away, and then we could keep track next year and see how they did. Maybe a shorter thread...

Who would be on the list?

Byrd

Mitchell

Penn?

Not being sarcastic, just with the 1000 pages, I can't honestly even remember who we got all goosed up about...

If y'all think it's interesting (I do) and thread worthy, I can start the thread and then update the OP periodically for the folks we want to track....

I'm not sure how serious some of these names were but a few that kept floating around the board during the onslaught of FA would be:

Darren Sproles

Lamarr Houston (or was it Woodley?)

Golden Tate

Donte Whitner

Aqib Talib

D'Qwell Jackson (maybe?)

Brent Grimes

Linval Joseph

Darrelle Revis (was mostly improbable)

Walter Thurmond

Anthony Collins

and of course, the three you mentioned. Not 100% sure with those...

Eric Winston, even though he hasn't really gotten away since he's still a free agent,

Eric Decker

Owen Daniels

Dennis Pitta

Michael Oher

Alex Mack

Anthony Spencer

Julius Peppers, though that was mostly just one person freaking out about the possibility.

[insert every safety's Name here]

DC9

what do you think of an section at the bottom of the main page that lists which FAs the boards like/dislike or which FA the board feels could've helped that got away?

If ya'll want to do that, brother.  That sounds like a project for a couple of polls so that we have some more firm data.  I don't want to PFF it you know? :P

Business will pick up here during UDFA.  That's actually my favorite part of FA.  There's normally one contributor who comes out of that group.

I'm not sure how serious some of these names were but a few that kept floating around the board during the onslaught of FA would be:

Darren Sproles

Lamarr Houston (or was it Woodley?)

Golden Tate

Donte Whitner

Aqib Talib

D'Qwell Jackson (maybe?)

Brent Grimes

Linval Joseph

Darrelle Revis (was mostly improbable)

Walter Thurmond

Anthony Collins

and of course, the three you mentioned. Not 100% sure with those...

It's HED:LEY....EdithHedley.jpg

Has anyone figure out (or claimed to figure out) what the heck really went on in Philly with the decision to release Jackson?  Talk about a circus.  It's like the PR dept handed out different versions of the script.  I really hope Jackson understands the amazing opportunity he has to prove his detractors wrong.

NFL source tells me Redskins will announce Bret Munsey as offensive assistant to Jay Gruden. Munsey is scout on Eagles staff.

Bret Munsey (born August 19, 1968 in Winter Park, Florida) is an American football coach, most recently the head coach for the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League. Previously he was the head coach for the Philadelphia Soul of the Arena Football League (20062008), and later the Director of Player Personnel for the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League.

Chick Hernandez ‏@CHICKatCSN  6m

Bret Munsey & Redskins HC Jay Gruden worked together with the AFL's Orlando Predators 2004-05. Eagles reportedly not thrilled to let him go

The Tuskers reunion tour lives on!

After the first day of mini camp all I can say is WOW!!!!!! #excited

He's probably just as excited that Jurrah isn't in the weight room trying to spot people... or dropping science on the coaches about his Arkansas National Championship ring.

Sounds like he found the kitchen  :P

The omelette chef seems to be everyone's favorite.

I know we shouldn't read into this, but that's a pretty big emphasis on wow. Hatcher seems really excited (sure, could be the kitchens) and that is pretty darn good news. :)

A positive environment with excited players is nothing to be upset about.

I am glad something happened, I was running out of Rihanna photos.......lol. uh, no I wasn't/ 

Coaches get rid of good players all the time in the NFL because of system. Usually its QB but it can be other players also. Look Djax got let go because they didn't think they needed him for their system they could go another way. Morris is not going anywhere. I was just stating that sometimes people are let go because of system fit

yeah because no offense can use a good Rb.....pfft. DJax got let go because the Coach has an ego that wouldn't fit in a Winnebago. 

Looks like Keenan Robinson is going to be ready for ILB

I still feel he wins the job. If he was subbing in as a rookie, I have to think that he'll have developed and learned the system better during his 2 injured years. May be a bit rusty tough. :)

Add in the praise he's received and the fact he should be 100% - like I said, I'm giving him the edge.

Archived