Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Word on the street is that Oakland may cut Terrelle Pryor soon if they don't find a trade deal. Would he be worth giving a shot?

I think he would be an interesting backup option if we were able to get value for Cousins.  I haven't really seen enough of him to say if I think he can still be developed but in the short term he does offer a lot of the same athleticism we seen in Robert.

If I was Bruce Allen.  And Cleveland Offered me a third for Cousins.  I would Laugh, and say.  That's a good starting point, call me back when you're serious.

I'd take that and run. We're screwed if Griffin goes down anyways, so unless you really believe Cousins is a future franchise QB himself (I'm not in that camp), any old back-up QB who can protect the ball will do. I'd take a 3rd, that would be a massive boost to another part of our roster in this draft.

If I was Bruce Allen.  And Cleveland Offered me a third for Cousins.  I would Laugh, and say.  That's a good starting point, call me back when you're serious.

I rather agree with you.

I keep pointing out that, if we trade Kirk for some hypothetical draft pick, then we pretty much have to spend a draft pick, to replace him. And it's likely the guy we draft won't be as good. So, say we trade him for this mythical second, and then spend a fourth to draft a replacement for him. What we will have accomplished is, we'll have gained a second, lost a fourth, and downgraded our backup QB.

BUT, just to be contrary, here, . . . .

I'll observe that most of the "experts" seem to agree that there's still gonna be some quality meat on the buffet line, when the Brown's early third round pick comes up.

(And, if the trade is made on draft day, then we'll know what's on the menu, before we make the deal.)

That third round pick might be worth more, this year, than in typical drafts.

I'd settle for Cousins and our 4th in exchange for their 2nd rounder (pick 35 right after us) but would try to get their 1st (26th) for Cousins and our 3rd

What if that call is placed at the top of the third round?  You would hang up?

Unless there is a situation where multiple teams are expressing legitimate interest (I don't believe this to be the case) I would pull the trigger on a third, especially one as high as Cleveland's.

What if that call is placed at the top of the third round?  You would hang up?

That was my thought.

What if Cleveland offers their third, while they're on the clock?

In that situation, we will know who's still available and who isn't. At the very least, it allows us to say "Would we rather have Kirk Cousins, or (some guy who we almost picked with our 3rd round pick, 20 minutes ago)?"

I'd say you at least think about it.

No I'm not saying cousins is not worth at least a third.  My problem is I'd have to then go spend that pick on a QB.  I'd want two picks for cousins a Third and a 4th/5th or some player to help me fill that void.

I don't think that you have to spend the pick on a QB.  McCoy is a capable backup.  He's had starting experience.  There are very few teams that don't have a significant drop off between their starter and backup, and honestly, you want a pretty significant drop off.

If Robert get's hurt, the team is in trouble no matter what.  Kirk is probably better than McCoy.  But I'm not sure that it's worth spending a draft pick on QB at the moment. 

That was my thought.

What if Cleveland offers their third, while they're on the clock?

In that situation, we will know who's still available and who isn't. At the very least, it allows us to say "Would we rather have Kirk Cousins, or (some guy who we almost picked with our 3rd round pick, 20 minutes ago)?"

I'd say you at least think about it.

If you think the 3rd rounder could be an immediate contributor, either on ST or on Offense or Defense, then I think you make the move.

If you don't think that the 3rd rounder could be an immediate contributor, and they are depth, or they would end up on the inactive list most weeks, then you pass.  You'd be swapping 1 backup for another backup.  

I would hope that anybody they pick at the top of the 3rd round would be able to come in and contribute in some manner right away.  

Chances are I would do the deal, but you'd have to evaluate.  

No one is giving up more than a 4th round pick for Cousins.

I'm afraid to say people are way overvaluing him on this board.

The guy hasn't played above where he was drafted.

Cousins will be here this season.

The best case scenario at this point is that he excels in preseason taking a majority of the snaps, and out of desperation someone trades for him before the season starts. That may be the way we get someone to offer up a 3rd or 4th round pick in 2015.

More likely, they'll look to move him for a lower pick after the season, he won't have played a down outside of the preseason, and we can recoup what we paid for him, i.e. a 4th. I'm guessing it'll more likely be a 5th in the 2015 draft.

Either way, I'd be shocked to see them trade him before or during this years draft. Someone will have to have completely screwed themselves at the QB position to go throw a pick to us for marginal Cousins.

There is all this talk about trading Cousins, but what about Alfred Morris? If they are changing schemes, will he fit into Gruden's offense? Can he be elite if not in ZBS? If not trade him now while he is worth something. Don't wait for his numbers to dip.

BJGE did pretty well in his scheme. Think we need to add a scat back at some point in the draft but wouldn't trade Morris

There is all this talk about trading Cousins, but what about Alfred Morris? If they are changing schemes, will he fit into Gruden's offense? Can he be elite if not in ZBS? If not trade him now while he is worth something. Don't wait for his numbers to dip.

He is a very tough runner who's difficult to tackle.  He doesn't have elite speed, but he's got some shiftiness.  

I wouldn't trade one of your offensive stars until you find out if he can't fit the scheme.  Also, he's a great team player, popular with the fans, productive and cheap.  

No one is giving up more than a 4th round pick for Cousins.

I'm afraid to say people are way overvaluing him on this board.

The guy hasn't played above where he was drafted.

Cousins will be here this season.

The best case scenario at this point is that he excels in preseason taking a majority of the snaps, and out of desperation someone trades for him before the season starts. That may be the way we get someone to offer up a 3rd or 4th round pick in 2015.

More likely, they'll look to move him for a lower pick after the season, he won't have played a down outside of the preseason, and we can recoup what we paid for him, i.e. a 4th. I'm guessing it'll more likely be a 5th in the 2015 draft.

Either way, I'd be shocked to see them trade him before or during this years draft. Someone will have to have completely screwed themselves at the QB position to go throw a pick to us for marginal Cousins.

I don't think that anybody is going to trade more than a 4th for Cousins.  But you never know.  I wouldn't take a 4th for him, but if somebody offered a 3rd, I'd grab it and run. 

If I was Bruce Allen. And Cleveland Offered me a third for Cousins. I would Laugh, and say. That's a good starting point, call me back when you're serious.

Not me id take it, he is gonna walk anyways at the end of his contract and unless something seriously goes wrong he shouldnt see the field this year to raise his value.

I don't think they get rid of Alf but I mean it's not rare for a new coach to get rid of a good player because of system fit.

Why would you think Alf would not be a system fit? We will still be running a lot of the zone blocking scheme we ran under Shanny and likely adding some power concepts as well. Morris ran in a power scheme in College if I recall. Morris is a good back in just about any scheme.

Why would you think Alf would not be a system fit? We will still be running a lot of the zone blocking scheme we ran under Shanny and likely adding some power concepts as well. Morris ran in a power scheme in College if I recall. Morris is a good back in just about any scheme.

I think Morris is a good back for our system I said I woulden't be surprised if a new coach got rid of him because of system tho. A lot of high profile players have got shipped off by new coaches because of system fit.

Archived