Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Seconded, did you hear anything rk3025? 

Jim Haslett was impressed by the way Keenan was moving really  fast in camp as he was drafted 4th round to replace Fletcher and help with Fletcher's cover weakness until back to back pectoral  injuries in 2012 and 2013. Sure would be great news if he goes thru training this year.as he was practicing better than Riley until getting injured.

Jim Haslett was impressed by the way Keenan was moving really  fast in camp as he was drafted 4th round to replace Fletcher and help with Fletcher's cover weakness until back to back pectoral  injuries in 2012 and 2013. Sure would be great news if he goes thru training this year.as he was practicing better than Riley until getting injured.

Oh, ok, just thought you had some recent news on Keenan we didn't hear about, but I agree! :)    

Does it make me a bad fan I'm still not satisfied with the offseason? Lol. In the draft we need a big jumpball redzone wr or te. Someone to compliment reed. Kelvin Benjamin would fit nicely. He could transition to te at his weight. Just like reed he's big athletic and fast. Love our wr but they aren't the tallest bunch.

Does it make me a bad fan I'm still not satisfied with the offseason? Lol. In the draft we need a big jumpball redzone wr or te. Someone to compliment reed. Kelvin Benjamin would fit nicely. He could transition to te at his weight. Just like reed he's big athletic and fast. Love our wr but they aren't the tallest bunch.

From all accounts we're going to be looking for a taller red zone target in the draft, so you will probably get your wish.

Maybe Logan Thomas will fall into the late rounds

Report: Bret Munsey to join Redskins

Bret Munsey, a scout for the Philadelphia Eagles and a former coach of the Arena Football League’s Philadelphia Soul, will soon be joining the Washington Redskins as an offensive assistant, according to a league source cited by Comcast Sportsnet. 

Last June Munsey joined the Eagles as the National Football Scouting (NFS) scout. 

Munsey guided the Soul to a 35-20 record and an Arena Bowl title in 2008. He coached the Soul from 2006-08 and also was the coach for the Orlando Predators in 2011-12. 

Munsey had also been a director of player personnel in the UFL and a coach in af2, the development league of the AFL. He played for the Predators in the beginning of the 1990s and was a college player at Division II Concord College. 

In the UFL, Munsey was the director of player personnel for the Florida Tuskers for two seasons (2009-2010). Jay Gruden, currently the Redskins' coach, was the Tuskers' coach in 2010. 

CSNWashington.com reported that the Munsey hire is expected to be announced after the NFL draft next month.

Oh, ok, just thought you had some recent news on Keenan we didn't hear about, but I agree! :)    

John Keim on ESPN980 actually told Cooley and Czab that he texted Haslett asking who he was most impressed with today (on 4/28 I believe) and he replied "keenan was awesome." So, basically unsolicited praise for the guy. That's a good sign.

John Keim on ESPN980 actually told Cooley and Czab that he texted Haslett asking who he was most impressed with today (on 4/28 I believe) and he replied "keenan was awesome." So, basically unsolicited praise for the guy. That's a good sign.

Good to hear that. If it's one less pick we have to use on a "need" (ILB) then we won't feel any pressure when we go BPA...

Availability not ability is the question mark around Keenan. He has to show he can stay on the field once the pads go on and the hitting starts. He has some competition for that second ILB spot as well.

Very cool nugget, thanks!

I'm with Marty, we've all seen and known what Keenan can do... but whatever these Texas kids use as recovery isn't working because they love tearing pec muscles.

He's outstanding in coverage, to boot. 

Very cool nugget, thanks!

I'm with Marty, we've all seen and known what Keenan can do... but whatever these Texas kids use as recovery isn't working because they love tearing pec muscles.

He's outstanding in coverage, to boot. 

If he's available, that's going to be a really big boost.  I think I recall that he's more athletic than Perry.

You know, and there are a lot of "ifs" in this statement, but the defense has a chance to be much improved.  Probably not top 10, but much, much better.

The DL (minus anybody that we add in the draft) should be better with Hatcher, and the combination of Hatcher, Cofield and Baker (I'm guessing) as starters isn't terrible, and should be able to get some push.

The LB corps has 2 very good players in Orakpo and Kerrigan. And they have Rob Jackson back as a sub, and as a sub, he's better than average.

And the ILB positions, Riley is solid if not spectacular, and Robinson (if he can win the starting job) is athletic, if inexperienced.They also have 3 other FAs to push the starters, sub in, and add experience. 

And the secondary is going to be better. Amerson should improve in his second year, and he and Hall on the outside might not be the top tandem in the league, but it could be worse. Porter is probably an "ok" addition as a 3rd CB.

Clark and Merrifield in the middle, again, not the best, but a lot better than last year. But Clark, even if he's not physically what he was, is significantly better than what we had last year.  And then there are the young kids that can develop and hopefully contribute.  

There are a lot of "solid if not spectacular" guys.  They're not going to be the '85 bears, but they don't have to be. What they have to be is not an embarrassment.  If they can move from ~30th in the league to ~15th in the league, so completely middle of the road, with the promise that they have on offense, that could be good enough to win 10 games.

On offense, IF Robert returns to form, honestly, you could see a repeat of "the greatest show on turf" except, we don't play on turf.  This offense, even without the best OL in the entire league, can be SCARY good.  You've got weapons everywhere, tons of speed, matchup problems, and a bruising, 1500 yard RB.  If Gruden and Robert can figure out how to orchestrate the thing, there is no reason they can't be a top 5 offense in yards and scoring. 

That is great news. But Haslett needs to be quiet from here on out about him because every time he's given unsolicited praise for a guy the worst happens, lol. And I don't mean that to bash Haslett, but it's amazing how many times he's got us (legitimately) excited about a particular young player only for it to fail miserably. Kareem Moore, Jarvis Jenkins and Bacarri Rambo have all fallen to this.

And, yes, I'm a paranoid nut right now when it comes to this team, lol.   

Just wondering, with the depth in this draft, how everyone would feel about trading next years 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick in this yeas draft.  I would LOVE to see a combination of drafting Kelvin Benjamin plus a dominant RT in the 2nd and who knows, perhaps we can even pull off a trade of Kirk Cousins for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  We could possibly come out of this draft significantly better.

Is Anthony Armstrong at mini-camps with us?  I saw a #19 with last name Armstrong in the WR group in the "Redskins QB with Joe Theismann" video on Redskins.com, it sorta looked like him, but it was hard to say since he had his helmet on.  Anyone know?

Just wondering, with the depth in this draft, how everyone would feel about trading next years 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick in this yeas draft.  I would LOVE to see a combination of drafting Kelvin Benjamin plus a dominant RT in the 2nd and who knows, perhaps we can even pull off a trade of Kirk Cousins for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.  We could possibly come out of this draft significantly better.

No no no trading next yrs first

Is Anthony Armstrong at mini-camps with us?  I saw a #19 with last name Armstrong in the WR group in the "Redskins QB with Joe Theismann" video on Redskins.com, it sorta looked like him, but it was hard to say since he had his helmet on.  Anyone know?

Yes AA is at mini camp

Is Anthony Armstrong at mini-camps with us? I saw a #19 with last name Armstrong in the WR group in the "Redskins QB with Joe Theismann" video on Redskins.com, it sorta looked like him, but it was hard to say since he had his helmet on. Anyone know?

Yes that's him he's in camp on a tryout basis...

Quick question... last year I remember a lot of us were clamoring to sign Corey Lynch of the Chargers (at the time). I forgot who he ended up signing with, but how did he play? How did his season go?  

Quick question... last year I remember a lot of us were clamoring to sign Corey Lynch of the Chargers (at the time). I forgot who he ended up signing with, but how did he play? How did his season go?

I think I smell the next "official" ES thread.

Free agent WR Anthony Armstrong is participating in Redskins voluntary workouts on a tryout basis.

Armstrong also worked out for the Redskins last month. Out of the league last season, Armstrong appeared in 14 games for the Redskins in 2011. He split time between three teams in 2012. May 1 - 9:25 PM

Source: ESPN.com

He played like most ES underdog fan-crushes: Mediocre. He got a total of five tackles in eight games with two teams.

Yup, but then again we don't know what he would have done here. Still consider him an upgrade from Rambo last year and at least on par with Doughty.

Its not like we have world beaters on our backend.

Archived