Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

I don't think I have seen a Washington Redskin team run the pitch back since Riggins pitched it back to Thiesmann in 1985 and LT ended Joe's career. 

As if watching that clip wasn't enough, I read LT's book Over The Edge, and he said Theismann's leg snapped with the sound of a gunshot, and he was screaming "You mother****ers broke my leg! You mother****ers broke my leg!"

I don't think I have seen a Washington Redskin team run the pitch back since Riggins pitched it back to Thiesmann in 1985 and LT ended Joe's career. 

I KNOW that Brunell ran one, because it was the only time I've ever seen a flea-flicker result in a checkdown.  Which was a terrible throw and incomplete, I believe.  

I also want to say that I thought RGIII ran one in 2012, but i could be making that up.

I take your point, but I definitely think that they've run it a few times here or there.  I want to say that Spurrier called it at least a few times, and I have this vague memory of Norv calling it with Gus Ferotte and Stephen Davis at some time.  

I KNOW that Brunell ran one, because it was the only time I've ever seen a flea-flicker result in a checkdown.  Which was a terrible throw and incomplete, I believe.  

It's the only way they could get 29 check down passes a game.  lol

I also want to say that I thought RGIII ran one in 2012, but i could be making that up.

I take your point, but I definitely think that they've run it a few times here or there.  I want to say that Spurrier called it at least a few times, and I have this vague memory of Norv calling it with Gus Ferotte and Stephen Davis at some time.

Yeah I have this vague memory of one, thinking it was a check down by McNabb or Grossman to Fred Davis for about 25 yards..not sure where that memory has come from but I do recall something along those lines...

Maybe its just me mentally blocking out any memory of that play in 1985. I can still recall them showing the replay in slow motion during the game right after the play and then rapidly cutting to a wide shot when you could see the severity of the injury. I really cant recall us running the play since under any coach but there may be a couple of plays I am not remembering.

Seriously I have nothing against us using that play again just because of what happened to Joey T. 

As if watching that clip wasn't enough, I read LT's book Over The Edge, and he said Theismann's leg snapped with the sound of a gunshot, and he was screaming "You mother****ers broke my leg! You mother****ers broke my leg!"

I can still see LT jumping around after the play holding his hands to his helmet. 

Shanahan ran a flea-flicker with Grossman against the Patriots. We very well near WON that game.

That was one of Shanahan's finest coaching jobs in his entire career, he absolutely OWNED Belichick all game.

Which makes his failure here even more glaring. He basically became the Haynesworth of coaches for no reason.

Agreed. Id say how I truly feel about her but then I'd be banned.

Aubrey Graham won't be happy tho. That's reportedly his legit gf now

Man he's a chump and she's grimey anyways. Breezy was definitely wrong for his actions but her going straight to Aubrey while he's locked down is foul. DeSean needs to stay far far away from her. She's always posting pics smoking he doesn't need that bad pub from her. Hate people who think their cool because they smoke smh.

Like Chris said in the song "These girls aint loyal"

TMZ/ESPN headline in the next few days:

Rihanna love square: her, Drake, Chris Brown, and D Jax lmaooo

Apparently he tried to bag her in LA

That girl is flawless. I aint mad at 'em

Agreed. Id say how I truly feel about her but then I'd be banned.

Aubrey Graham won't be happy tho. That's reportedly his legit gf now

Girl has so many looks, wow, but ain't one of them bad....rihanna.jpg

DC, you did an awesome job with this thread. Apparently now that the majority of FA is over, we're straying a little far of the path....

:)

Rihanna is hardly a stray, lol. But yeah DC did come strong on this thread, as did the FO even if not immediate. 

'

It's not how you start, it's how you finish. 

aaah peace out.....rihanna-peace-400a052107.jpg

I sort of thought the Redskins might sign Anthony Spencer cheap to close out free agency but he resigned with Dallas.

I don't think they really needed Spencer, who even though he would have been cheap, was also just another injury risk.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them get a pass rusher early in the draft, though I hope it would be on the DL, not a LB.

I was always wanting DJax but I'm even happier now that Rihanna is Redskins related because of him.

Anyways...  I'm happy with FA.  Once again I feel like we've won the offseason championship. I just hate that I can't be excited about it anymore.  IMO the division championship even feels lame to be proud of after what we put on the field last year.

I didn't know where else to put this, but I thought it was interesting enough to post:

It's an article detailing how the Packers have built through the draft and kept their core together.  The thing that surprised me was the graph at the end, which showed the Redskins as having the 7th highest number of players remaining as original draft picks.  This is what the vast majority of people in the media and other fans don't understand about how this team is run now.  We are building the right way, and are bringing in FAs when necessary in order to fill holes.  I know a part of that is due to the cap penalty, but I believe this is the way Bruce and co. are looking to run this team in the future as well.

Original-Draft-Picks-By-Team-Draft-Picks

I was always wanting DJax but I'm even happier now that Rihanna is Redskins related because of him.

Anyways... I'm happy with FA. Once again I feel like we've won the offseason championship. I just hate that I can't be excited about it anymore. IMO the division championship even feels lame to be proud of after what we put on the field last year.

I'd recommend simply thinking about how we've improved out team. Not "our offense is going to be awesome now!" or "we won the offseason, yay!", but rather "our offense, defense, ST and depth should all be improved this year, and so lets see where this (and the new coaches) takes us". Heck, I'm just excited that our QB is healthy. :)

Edit: just saw the post above mine... that is some good company to be in.

Archived