Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

T Jax is back. Again. For real this time..

Per Keim, and others.

Do we get some kind of bonus if we have more Jacksons on the roster than anyone else?

I'm hoping we can get another two and have the "Jackson 5"...

The fact that you want Shazier or Van Noy with the 2nd round pick makes any potential points you may have mute.

Moot, not mute.  (Sorry mate, but it's best to learn the difference from a friendly co-fan.  I think you rock).  But I agree with you.  We need to repair the offensive line with this draft.

Are the Eagles financially responsible for any money tonDJax this year. Not cap hit, but actual money. Basically, did they pay him any money once they released him? I know they have a 6 mil cap hit.

Need to settle a bar bet. Sources if possible

Are the Eagles financially responsible for any money tonDJax this year. Not cap hit, but actual money. Basically, did they pay him any money once they released him? I know they have a 6 mil cap hit.

It was my understanding nothing in his contract was guaranteed so they only have a cap hit and owe him no money

A six-year veteran, Johnson beat out John Skelton for No. 2 duties last season, but failed to attempt a single pass behind Andy Dalton. He became expendable after the Bengals signed Jason Campbell and drafted A.J. McCarron. Johnson will look to latch on elsewhere as a No. 3 quarterback.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/287676/cincinnati-releases-reserve-qb-josh-johnson

Bengals released QB Josh Johnson.

A six-year veteran, Johnson beat out John Skelton for No. 2 duties last season, but failed to attempt a single pass behind Andy Dalton. He became expendable after the Bengals signed Jason Campbell and drafted A.J. McCarron. Johnson will look to latch on elsewhere as a No. 3 quarterback.

i wish he was cut before we signed Colt.

I would still like to see him invited to training camp.

Bump

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/12/redskins-cut-wide-receiver-david-gettis/

Redskins cut wide receiver David Gettis

May 12 at 6:34 pm

The Washington Redskins cut wide receiver David Gettis, according to the NFL daily transaction report.

Gettis, who entered the NFL in 2010 as a sixth-round pick by the Carolina Panthers, signed with Washington in January.

Gettis missed the 2011 campaign with a torn anterior cruciate ligament and appeared in two games in 2012. The Panthers released him in the preseason of 2013 on an injury settlement.

Gettis was one of only two receivers on the roster taller than 6 feet. But the Redskins elected not to keep him on the roster.

The Redskins also waived kicker Jake  Rogers, who signed this offseason. Seventh-round pick Zach Hocker will compete with veteran Kai Forbath.

Damn, Gettis was tall.

Just FYI fellas, I'm gonna yield the rest of the roster updating to KDawg's thread.

If we have a major signing I'll update, but there are going to be a few here and there tweaks before the early-Summer break that comes just before camp starts (as there is every year) and I think he'll be able to keep it up over there.

Damn, Gettis was tall.

Just FYI fellas, I'm gonna yield the rest of the roster updating to KDawg's thread.

If we have a major signing I'll update, but there are going to be a few here and there tweaks before the early-Summer break that comes just before camp starts (as there is every year) and I think he'll be able to keep it up over there.

Appreciate the work you put in.

People laugh at fans wanting even a single tallboy wideout, but it sure seems 'the sixers" largely don't make for prime go to red zone threats. 

With heights generally exaggerated in all sports, none may actually be 6 foot. 

I know I know, we will just score from 40 yards out and that is fine with me. 

Damn, Gettis was tall.

Hell of a job DC. An absolutely great thread. Really enjoyed it.

Archived