Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Yep great job DC, my favorite thread each year.

It's easy to update the OP, you guys are the ones who drive the discussion and put the updates in here for me to edit the OP and the title. 

I think we'll let Gallen or JamesMadisonSkins take it on next year.  They are both ready for primetime. 

If they don't want to I'll absolutely do it again.  I just don't want to be THAT guy that hogs the cool thread opportunities and I think this is three or four years in a row now. :lol:

DJax, Aldrick, RGIII and Fogg should beat anybody in the 4X relay.

Swift is also known as the nasty nickel.

Last year it was 57-91-72-98 or some variation of that.

Didn't see it all that much, though. 

Guys, I created a "Wish we had gotten that guy!" thread. This was suggested several pages ago to track they guys who we didn't get.

Here's a link:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/378900-the-i-wish-we-had-gotten-that-guy-thread/

I've gotten some of the names that people threw out in this thread already.  You can go to that thread and toss out a few more.  If folks are interested, I'll update the OP with relevant information throughout next season.

Rams waived RB Daryl Richardson.

Someone was going to be the odd man out in St. Louis' crowded backfield after the Rams spent the No. 75 overall pick on Tre Mason, but it was expected to be Isaiah Pead, not Richardson. Playing through turf toe, Richardson was dreadful as a sophomore after opening the season as the Rams' de facto starter, managing only 215 yards on 69 carries (3.11 YPC). Just one year removed from a successful rookie campaign as a change-of-pace back, Richardson is unlikely to make it through waivers unclaimed.

Williams

Lauvao

Mcglynn

Long

Moses

Skins possible new OL for 2014/15

I keep forgetting about McGlynn. I could definitely see him beating out Lichtensteiger. RG is a total toss up for me - even Hurt and Chester have a chance there. Honestly though, they've all been so underwhelming (not all their fault) that Long has a good shot.

Moses could win it, but Polumbus showed improvement last year so I think he's got a good chance of holding the spot for now.

BTW, I'm not disagreeing with you, just tacking on my 2cents

Swift is also known as the nasty nickel.

Last year it was 57-91-72-98 or some variation of that.

Didn't see it all that much, though.

I wonder why that is though? Haslett's didn't trust/like it? Personnel? Shanny sticking his nose in? If (one of) the latter two, maybe we run it with Murph in there.

According to Cooley's analysis of Long yesterday on "The Drive" he thought that Long had the potential to become a "B" lineman.  He also thought initially that Long would be a reserve/backup for the next year or so until he learns the ropes.  After that he might graduate to be similar to a Lauvao type lineman (which is odd as Cooley is not big on Lauvao's skill set/aggression).  

Cooley did emphasize that he felt that Long had a sound foundation and seemed to be quite "coachable."  The big concern though is that he's been out of action for quite some time due to his knee injury so he could be a bit rusty out of the gate.

He believed that Moses had a higher ceiling and could, if he applied himself (which is the big "if" with Moses) be an "A" lineman.

smithmal

I wonder why that is though? Haslett's didn't trust/like it? Personnel? Shanny sticking his nose in? If (one of) the latter two, maybe we run it with Murph in there.

It's for pass rushing.  We weren't ahead enough to do that.  Playing from behind limits your defense.

Hence why your boy rates the turnover higher than the sack.

It's for pass rushing. We weren't ahead enough to do that. Playing from behind limits your defense.

Hence why your boy rates the turnover higher than the sack.

Fair enough I guess, I can certainly see it being beneficial playing with a lead. Seems like there would be more to it than that though. I mean, wouldn't you use it on the occasional 3rd and long?

And who's my boy? Haslett?

Ourlads draft site does a GREAT job with there section on NFL depth charts. They update it pretty much every day and if a player is cut or added they usually have it up to date right away. My point in this is that they still have Bruce Campbell listed as backup LT for the Redskins. I was wondering if anyone knows if he was at minicamp or what the deal is with him. I heard he failed his physical and then visited the Giants but that was the last I heard anything about him. I just wondered if it is a rare mistake on Ourlads part or if Campbell is with the Redskins.

Would love to give JB another shot. Such a good guy. Really a bummer for him going down on the opening kickoff of the year his rookie year. Damn near tragic.

I liked the kid and thought he could develop into a solid player.

Anytime a rookie is on the 53 on opening day says a lot.  I don't care if he was just on special teams.  Remember he posted a solid forty at the combine and he likes to lay the wood.  Good luck young lad!

Edited to add a low of 4.38 at the combine.  A little better than solid.  Get 'em Bernstine!

I am officially anointing him as the player I am pulling for the  hardest to make the team. :)

Are the Eagles financially responsible for any money tonDJax this year. Not cap hit, but actual money. Basically, did they pay him any money once they released him? I know they have a 6 mil cap hit.

Need to settle a bar bet. Sources if possible

Sorry for redundancy... My opposition apparently has NFL sources. Not much available on interwebz. Can someone clarify if Philly so much as cut him a equipment stipend

http://es.redskins.c...k-trent-murphy/

REDSKINS SIGN DRAFT PICK TRENT MURPHY

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed 2014 second-round draft pick linebacker Trent Murphy (47th overall). In addition, the team signed free agent wide receiver Rashad Ross and waived wide receiver Kofi Hughes. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.

Ross (6-0, 181) originally entered the NFL as a college free agent with the Tennessee Titans on May 9, 2013. He spent parts of the 2013 season on the practice squads of the Titans and Kansas City Chiefs and spent the offseason with Kansas City before being released on May 12, 2014.

Archived