Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I'm like 45 mins into Ghost of Tsushima.  So far I'm liking it.  I started with Japanese voice and English subtitles but I decided to turn it off because there is a lot of dialog while playing, and it's hard to focus on what you have to do and look down.  Also the mouths not matching the Japanese audio did not bother me since I was looking at the text as they spoke.  I'm going to try it out in English for a bit and see how I like it.  

I'm digging the game so far. I love the wind mechanic and the family connection it has to the MC and I appreciate games that make good use of sound cues. The combat is satisfying, without being cheap, although I've died a couple of times already playing on hard.

34 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How is the combat? Are the enemies realistic or do they have tons of health and an unrealistic number of sword slashes a to kill?

Nah, no sword sponges except for the leaders but even that hasn’t been excessive so far. Both you and normal enemies go down in around 4-6 quick slashes and 2-3 with heavy attacks. Stabs can one shot weaker enemies. The duels are nice as well and healing works similar to Spider-Man’s mechanics. Combat is much easier than sekiro in my opinion. It feels good rather than frustrating. 

Stealth seems easy as hell so far. 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I haven't.  I stumbled across an article talking about PvP, killing other players, co-op, etc.  Researched it a little, then never played lol.  

I read a bit recently about a "No Man's Sky 2.0" patch, and damn if it didn't peak my interest (just a bit, there are scars here that will never heal). One vid I saw was showing a third person feature, boarding a derelict in what looked like a damn X wing fighter.

Player was tasked with rooting out an infection of some kind. Almost looked like Dead Space

I have a $1 for one month Gamepass and I'm using it to try out games to buy later. I've tried "For the King", but It didn't grab me. However, Bloodstained was quite enjoyable. If Konami won't make new Castlevania games (or any games), I say let someone else take over the mantle.

Next, I'm going to try Nier: Automata, Witcher 3, Darksiders 3 and Remnants From the Ashes. Any suggestions?

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

How is it now that they've basically made a whole new game?

I like it. It is more like a community. But...there is no PvP. There is cooperation with other players. The VR is really cool. There are missions to do, but they start to repeat themselves. The derelict freighter mission...I did one of them. Spent 5 million credits to do it. Was ok...to see if doing it a second time right after would have cost me 10 million credits.

The graphics got alot better..the ships can be pretty cool if you find the cool ones...base building is fun.

I personally have about 30 bases ranging from very large ones to just the base computer because it was a good planet to teleport to for supplies to craft things to make.more credits. I have a massive class S freighter and all my ships are class S and they look really cool.

Edit: if anyone wants to check it out, let me know...I can jump on with you and help with missions and help get.you some money. My top fighter is pretty much indestructible now...unless PvP comes in...then may be a couple.tough fights.

16 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I have a $1 for one month Gamepass and I'm using it to try out games to buy later. I've tried "For the King", but It didn't grab me. However, Bloodstained was quite enjoyable. If Konami won't make new Castlevania games (or any games), I say let someone else take over the mantle.

Next, I'm going to try Nier: Automata, Witcher 3, Darksiders 3 and Remnants From the Ashes. Any suggestions?

Both Ori games.  Play them in order.  They are 2 of the most beautiful games of this generation.

I signed up for the $1 gamepass for a month just to play Ori Will of the Wisps.  I felt kind of bad not paying the developers $30 for it after playing it.  But financially it didn't make sense lol.  It was interesting how it was on gamepass at launch.

12 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I like it. It is more like a community. But...there is no PvP. There is cooperation with other players. The VR is really cool. There are missions to do, but they start to repeat themselves. The derelict freighter mission...I did one of them. Spent 5 million credits to do it. Was ok...to see if doing it a second time right after would have cost me 10 million credits.

The graphics got alot better..the ships can be pretty cool if you find the cool ones...base building is fun.

I personally have about 30 bases ranging from very large ones to just the base computer because it was a good planet to teleport to for supplies to craft things to make.more credits. I have a massive class S freighter and all my ships are class S and they look really cool.

Edit: if anyone wants to check it out, let me know...I can jump on with you and help with missions and help get.you some money. My top fighter is pretty much indestructible now...unless PvP comes in...then may be a couple.tough fights.

I thought there was PvP?  I saw where you can kill other players.

15 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I thought there was PvP?  I saw where you can kill other players.

If you can I havent come across it yet....just team up.

Ok...apparently you can....I havent seen it happen yet...and when I tried to kill someone who was annoying me, it didnt work...when I log on again tonight I'll see if there is an option for it.

40 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Both Ori games.  Play them in order.  They are 2 of the most beautiful games of this generation.

I signed up for the $1 gamepass for a month just to play Ori Will of the Wisps.  I felt kind of bad not paying the developers $30 for it after playing it.  But financially it didn't make sense lol.  It was interesting how it was on gamepass at launch.

Ori keeps coming up in many a conversation, I'll add that to the sample list of games. 

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Nier: Automata

this game is outstanding and a hidden gem. It’s kinda odd at first but if you stick with it past the intro it tells a really beautiful story of  androids sent to earth to see if it is able to be reinhabited by humanity in the future after humanity had to leave due to machine aliens taking over 

and what many people don’t actually realize is that when you beat the game, it’s actually not over. You may notice some things haven’t been explained or the feeling is just a little off or it was a short game. That’s because this game requires multiple playthroughs 

the first is told with you being the main character 2b and is about 10-15hours. 

The second time, you get to see those events while controlling 9s and getting a new perspective on things. There are new missions, all different side quests, new gameplay and combat skills etc. about 8 hours. 

once you have finished these you can kinda consider them the prologue. 

The third time you play through it you get a basically an entirely different game and what ends up being the majority of the story that puts everything together. I won’t say more for spoilers but the first two playthroughs only scratched the surface of what this explores and what the game actually is.  Beating this one unlocks a chapter select because there are two alternative endings to this as well that you can unlock.

ive heard many people play the game and beat and say it was fun but short and never knew that they only played about 30% of the game 

This is the most unique game I’ve played in years. It switches from a top down shooter, a 2D side scroller, an open world hack n slash action game and an open world RPG seamlessly. The soundtrack is one of my favorites as well. Just a beautiful, fun and compelling game that is just an unbelievable experience.

Unfortunately it released the same week as Horizon Zero Dawn and a week before Breath of the Wild so it was massively overlooked 

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Ori keeps coming up in many a conversation, I'll add that to the sample list of games. 

fantastic games. Absolutely worth checking out as they are easily two of the best of this generation if not more. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this game is outstanding and a hidden gem. It’s kinda odd at first but if you stick with it past the intro it tells a really beautiful story of  androids sent to earth to see if it is able to be reinhabited by humanity in the future after humanity had to leave due to machine aliens taking over

Haven't played it (not on my platforms), but I am quite fond of Platinum games.  They have a reputation for making great games that never sell like they should.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

and what many people don’t actually realize is that when you beat the game, it’s actually not over. You may notice some things haven’t been explained or the feeling is just a little off or it was a short game. That’s because this game requires multiple playthroughs 

the first is told with you being the main character 2b and is about 10-15hours. 

The second time, you get to see those events while controlling 9s and getting a new perspective on things. There are new missions, all different side quests, new gameplay and combat skills etc. about 8 hours. 

once you have finished these you can kinda consider them the prologue. 

The third time you play through it you get a basically an entirely different game and what ends up being the majority of the story that puts everything together. I won’t say more for spoilers but the first two playthroughs only scratched the surface of what this explores and what the game actually is.  Beating this one unlocks a chapter select because there are two alternative endings to this as well that you can unlock.

ive heard many people play the game and beat and say it was fun but short and never knew that they only played about 30% of the game 

This is the most unique game I’ve played in years. It switches from a top down shooter, a 2D side scroller, an open world hack n slash action game and an open world RPG seamlessly. The soundtrack is one of my favorites as well. Just a beautiful, fun and compelling game that is just an unbelievable experience.

Unfortunately it released the same week as Horizon Zero Dawn and a week before Breath of the Wild so it was massively overlooked 

I played some of the first game, I liked the game, but it just didn't hold my attention for some reason. It feels like one of those games that I just didn't play long enough to like. I really enjoyed the music, its some of the best I've ever heard in a videogame. I figured I'd give the second one a shot, I've heard a lot of people speak very highly of it.

Archived