Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean yeah but it’s free in that it doesn’t cost $60. For people that already pay for Xbox live it’s a brand new free game 

It's not only a multiplayer game it has a campaign too.  The whole game is free.  It won't cost me anything and I don't have Xbox Live.

But if I wanted to play it online, then it is free for me too ... if I pay to subscribe to Xbox Live lol.

39 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel like Destiny ended up being more what Bungie wanted out of Halo than Halo did. Which isnt that far fetched considering its Bungies baby. 

wash your mouth out with soap. Destiny is a boring a story-less never ending loot grind. 

I was happy with the Halo clip. The world looks massive even though the open world aspect is likely more hub based areas which different objectives you can handle in whatever order you want. 

I’m glad that it is focused on Chief again still centers around the holy trinity of Halo’s gameplay looks in tact: guns, grenades and melee. Halo is always designed to make you feel badass. Toss in the insane vehicular combat and now a grappling hook and let me loose into this world to cause mayhem and showcase my artistry. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

wash your mouth out with soap. Destiny is a boring a story-less never ending loot grind. 

I was happy with the Halo clip. The world looks massive even though the open world aspect is likely more hub based areas which different objectives you can handle in whatever order you want. 

I’m glad that it is focused on Chief again still centers around the holy trinity of Halo’s gameplay looks in tact: guns, grenades and melee. Halo is always designed to make you feel badass. Toss in the insane vehicular combat and now a grappling hook and let me loose into this world to cause mayhem and showcase my artistry. 

Fanboi

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It's not only a multiplayer game it has a campaign too.  The whole game is free.  It won't cost me anything and I don't have Xbox Live.

But if I wanted to play it online, then it is free for me too ... if I pay to subscribe to Xbox Live lol.

this is dumb semantics. The game is free. That’s the point of the message. 

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Fanboi

I do love Halo, no shame in it. that video Showed me more Halo that I love with improvements on the things I didn’t like about 5. 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this is dumb semantics. The game is free. That’s the point of the message. 

I know.  It's just MS doing dumb stuff as usual.  The way they worded it is just stupid saying "multiplayer is free but you need Xbox Live".  Well then no it's not free.

What it should have said was something along the lines of "Crossfire is free to play (Xbox Live required for multiplayer)" and they should have shown that at the beginning of the trailer not while just showing off multiplayer mode.

"Driving your car is free (gas and insurance required)"

Sounds silly huh?

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I do love Halo, no shame in it. that video Showed me more Halo that I love with improvements on the things I didn’t like about 5. 

I used to love Halo.  

I would have thought that video was an X1X launch title had I not known it is for XSX.  

I mean they even had texture pop in in their demo gameplay video.  How they let that slip through is mind boggling.  But that is what you are going to get for the first 2 or so years while they are targeting X1 and can't take advantage of the SSD.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

When is the last time you played it? Calling it story-less is making me feel like you haven’t played it since D1

24 minutes ago, Llevron said:

When is the last time you played it? Calling it story-less is making me feel like you haven’t played it since D1

that’s exactly the last time I played it. 

I was really interested in the lore but it was just entirely bare bones and an afterthought to the endless grinding of the same 5 levels and bullet sponges 

21 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

that’s exactly the last time I played it. 

I was really interested in the lore but it was just entirely bare bones and an afterthought to the endless grinding of the same 5 levels and bullet sponges 

All totally valid criticisms for back then and even up until about a year ago. Bungie recently took over the IP themselves so no more publisher telling them they have to move faster and cut stuff and you really notice it in the latest expansion. Even a bit before then they have added more to the story in game. Of course that alienated some people but it is what it is. 

The lore remains slightly better than what they spell out for you in game, but it’s a much closer representation now than before. They basically hide the story in spoken dialogue and entirely skippable cutscenes.....but it’s very present now. Not like back in the day when you had to pull up the app just to get anything at all besides killing ****. Though, it will never live up to the promise of a 1st person Mass Effect like people thought it would be way back in the day. 

If you are ever interested and bored enough, I know some cool lore guys on YouTube I could link you to. You gotta be into that kinda stuff though so it’s not for everyone. 

edit: it’s the closest thing I get this generation to how Halo 2 made me feel in college. I say that not to pander to you. It’s just what I get when I play it now. I always get flashbacks of finding those skulls and turning up the difficulty. Trying to hop over rooftops on that second level I can’t remember the name of on.....master mode? I can’t remember exactly. But I remember the fun. Destiny wasn’t close to that for a long time imo 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

All totally valid criticisms for back then and even up until about a year ago. Bungie recently took over the IP themselves so no more publisher telling them they have to move faster and cut stuff and you really notice it in the latest expansion. Even a bit before then they have added more to the story in game. Of course that alienated some people but it is what it is.

Thanks for post and good information. I’m willing to give it another shot. I just can’t do grinding for loot without any meaning which is why I’ve passed on borderlands, the division, destiny etc but if I can stay engaged with a story, I could potentially see myself playing it. So I’ll keep an eye on future updates and expansions and maybe snag something on sale 

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

mean they even had texture pop in in their demo gameplay video.  How they let that slip through is mind boggling.  But that is what you are going to get for the first 2 or so years while they are targeting X1 and can't take advantage of the SSD.

I agree some of this was disappointing. But on the other hand I’ve seen enough gameplay demos that are well beyond what is released. This is the MS flagship, graphically I’m not worried at all about Halo, my concerns recently have been the story and characters and level design that haven’t lived up to previous entries, which look (initially) to be addressed here 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree some of this was disappointing. But on the other hand I’ve seen enough gameplay demos that are well beyond what is released. This is the MS flagship, graphically I’m not worried at all about Halo, my concerns recently have been the story and characters and level design that haven’t lived up to previous entries, which look (initially) to be addressed here 

Gameplay demos of Halo Infinite?

21 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Gameplay demos of Halo Infinite?

No, that was terrible wording. I mean gameplay trailers and demos of games that look way better than what is eventually released so it's not like we can really get too excited even if it blew us away graphically. The fact that there are some texture issues in this gameplay trailer is supremely disappointing because I wanted to be knocked over but it's not something i'm worried about for release since that is easy for them to clean up and Halo has always looked great graphically. 

Hope this isn't the last of the DLC's. Half that damn system map was non playable

30 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Lol ok clicked the entire thing in the original..now I got ya

I was getting ready to say either I somehow forgot my meds today, or your phone sucks ass :ols:

Archived