Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I expected more from your phone 😔

Lol well in all fairness....your first post I could click on...just didn't realize it was a hyper link...the second one...you screwed the pooch on..lol

Just now, Xameil said:

Lol well in all fairness....your first post I could click on...just didn't realize it was a hyper link...the second one...you screwed the pooch on..lol

Definitely. Should've said "Click the first post." 😖

Click me just sounded funnier

28 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Btw, Life is Strange is weird.  Must've got my plot synapses mixed up and somehow thought this was about a viscious descent into vampirism, not some moody, teen angst butterfly effect stuff.

I'm blown.

Yeah I’ve Still wanted to play this but pretty sure this is the video game version of 13 Reasons Why lol

when you said you were starting it I thought, “man, he’s branching out”

So much Xbox hate, I swear Microsoft could do everything right and people would still **** and moan. Meanwhile, Sony does slim to nothing and people act lke they're the second coming of messiah. I think this gen will turn the tide more in favor of Microsoft, they seem to have an actual plan besides "make exclusives".

Well, well, look at Obsidian! When the Outer Worlds was shown off, I told everyone that they were going for Bethesda's crown. Why wouldn't they, it IS personal and now they have enough time, money and resources to make any amazing game they want. They already made a Fallout killer, why not an Elder Scrolls one too?

51 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So much Xbox hate, I swear Microsoft could do everything right and people would still **** and moan. Meanwhile, Sony does slim to nothing and people act lke they're the second coming of messiah. I think this gen will turn the tide more in favor of Microsoft, they seem to have an actual plan besides "make exclusives".

Well, well, look at Obsidian! When the Outer Worlds was shown off, I told everyone that they were going for Bethesda's crown. Why wouldn't they, it IS personal and now they have enough time, money and resources to make any amazing game they want. They already made a Fallout killer, why not an Elder Scrolls one too?

Yeah.....read through the thread...there's plenty of Sony hate to go around.

Now that Microsoft is also going to be teamed up with Samsung it will be diluted more...

That is probably the biggest problem with XBOX, they diluted it so much that games aren't exclusive really.

As someone who has purchased every Xbox console at launch, spending literally over $800 for 1 game at X1 launch, the XSX looks like complete and utter **** as of now with no reason to purchase it.  There are literally no games exclusive to XSX and the X1 is the lowest common denominator for at least 18 months (per Microsoft's own mouth) and then games will be optimized for XSX.  I can play my X1X if I want to play any XSX games for at least 1 year, probably 2+.

Then yesterday their "game showcase" shows a new Halo that looks like an X1 launch title graphically and then about 15-20 trailers and like 2 or maybe 3 of them showed actual gameplay.  You have no clue what genre like half of those games even are.

That's not hate.  That is just fact.

Xbox is pushing the Game Pass really hard for next gen and tbh it’s a really sweet deal. But if you have a gaming PC already, there is zero reason to buy an XSX at launch. But Microsoft is making a console that will be really appealing to pc gamers. 

I’ll probably get the console a year or two into its lifecycle. Being able to save between my pc and console will be nice. Sometimes you just want to sit on a couch and play on a big screen, instead of being on a desk and monitor. There’s a huge downgrade from pc to console currently. But a year or two in the XSX life cycle there might not be.

I could never give up the exclusives that come with consoles. 

I think MS will be fine. I actually preferred the 360 over the PS3 but I definitely spent a ton more time with the PS4 this gen. The problem here is that nothing in that Xbox event showcases the XSX as being a must have console that was 10 times more powerful than an Xbox One like they’ve claimed. I also think Xbox needs to work on its exclusive content since all of their exclusives seem centered around shooters. Where is the MS version of Until Dawn, Beyond Two Souls, God of War, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima etc. I feel confident I could tell what game was Xbox vs PS4 just by looking at the gameplay. 

I think they need more creativity here and I haven’t seen it yet which makes me lean into the PS5 early at this point, though I’ll still get a X1X around launch, if only for Halo. I imagine I’m a pretty big exception in that regard 

I am with you.  The 360 was an incredible console and I played mine way more than PS3.  Xbox Live was far superior to playing PSN online.  Like I owned the same games on both consoles and the online experience was night and day in those games.  I don't really play much online now a days though but back then I did.  My most played PS3 game was probably Hot Shots Golf 5 online.  Damn how I miss that game though.

But this gen is the exact opposite.  My X1 pretty much gets no play.  Like 2 days ago I was looking at my games library on the shelf and I hardly have any X1 games and have a ton of PS4 games.  

RNN3ZnW.jpg

And that is having X1 since launch lol.  Paw Patrol was strictly for my son.  The only downloaded game I can think of that I have is Killer Instinct on X1 which was the sole reason I bought it at launch and spent $800+ to play it.  I have quite a few PS4 downloadable games but are all PSVR games for the most part.  I also don't have TLOU2 or Ghost of Tsushima in that pic as they are sitting next to my PS4.  

There is just nothing in the lineup for XSX that is "must have" as you mentioned.  Like there is no reason to get an XSX and they aren't giving a reason to.  I don't get how one can get excited seeing the Forza stuff.  It is just the same old crap.  Yes people will get excited for Halo but it was just so uninspiring.  They could have called that "Super Space Marine" and I wouldn't have known the difference.  Even the voice acting of Master Chief was bootleg.  How the hell can you put out your first gameplay trailer and THAT is how he sounds?  

Maybe like 2 years down the line when they actually have an exclusive on the console I will look into getting one.  Or I'll win one from Taco Bell like I did my PS4 (which is how I got that Knack, I did not buy that lol).  But for the first 1-2 years, if there is a game I want, I can just play it on my X1X.

Archived