Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Started Dragon Age Inquisition last night and so far I'm not into it that much. I've only played a few hours and know that it's suppose to get better...but the battle feels stilted. 

Maybe it was the wrong game to choose after Dying Light.

You should leave the Hinterlands. Everyone who plays the game stays in the Hinterlands way too long. You can always go back there. As soon as you leave more story elements and characters are introduced. I don't like the battles as much as I liked them in DA:Origins, but I liked it better than DA2's arcade style. 

yes but on pc, and they're not named cod

I play CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc.  Used to only play them on PC, forced myself to learn on console.  BF - Bad Company II will always be my favorite on PC.  Played BF3 on there, then had an issue with one of the DLC map packs.  I had paid for premium and the first two I had access no problem, then for some reason, the 3rd one wouldn't work and it showed it as eligible, but when trying to download it would say I had to be a premium subscriber.

Needless to say after trying to get this fixed with customer support, it never did.  Got ticked off and refused to buy another BF game on PC again.  Which is a shame, graphics are so much better.

Nobody talking about Nintendo making a deal with DeNA to get Nintendo IPs on smartphones and create a unified network? The two companies exchanged 22 billion yen's worth of stock.

What is that like $5,000? /

But for real I'm interested to see what they do with that. I'm not big into mobile gaming so I'll see what comes of it.

Nintendo also announced they are working in a new system but didn't reveal if it was a console or portable or anything else really.

What is that like $5,000? /

But for real I'm interested to see what they do with that. I'm not big into mobile gaming so I'll see what comes of it.

Nintendo also announced they are working in a new system but didn't reveal if it was a console or portable or anything else really.

I think the yen is actually worth about a penny these days, so I'd put the swap in the range of $200 million. I'm a little apprehensive about Nintendo putting games on non Nintendo platforms and fear it may be a reaction of investors wanting more money rather than caring about what Nintendo stands for. I'll hope for the best, though.

As for the NX that they mentioned, I feel like that was just to quell any fears that they were getting out of the hardware business after the announcement of going with smartphones. The reality is that after they release a platform, they are already at work on the next. The fact that they revealed nothing other than that something was in the works said to me only that they have no plans to get out of the hardware business, not that we'll be getting new hardware next year (although a new handheld could make sense as the 3DS is 4 years old now, and November next year would be about 5.5 years).

So you're saying I could potentially play Nintendo games on my iPad?

I'm not 100% how this partnership will work, but I do know Nintendo's IPs will show up on smart phones. Hopefully Nintendo will be a part of the development process so they are true Nintendo games and not like the infamous CD-i games. Also, they were clear that there is no intent to port existing games to smartphones, but rather have games developed specifically for the platform.

Played Hardline, multiplayer team deathmatch -  slow movement, but it's always slow compared to CoD and other FPS, so more adjustment on my part.  It seems balls to the wall on total players.  I only saw server options for 32 vs 32, for that game mode (which is the main one I play).  

I think its worse than BF4 (my first take - gonna give it more play time tomorrow).  Seems to play like BF4 a lot, very similar, just with a different interface and some new fancy options.  I turned it off after one match, so I'll post more comments after I give it a fair shot.  Keep in mind, I rarely play any mode other than TDM or Squad Deathmatch in the Battlefield games.  Which it appears that Squad Deathmatch has been removed.

My first impression, one big cluster **** of bullets with tons of people going at it at once.  I never thought I'd say this, but 32 vs 32 for TDM is too much.  Graphics are just fine.  Again, gameplay imo is very BF4'ish, so it should be an easy transition.  I wish they had TDM and SDM options for 24 and 32 total players (12 v 12 and 16 v 16).  

I will not play the single player campaign, so if that is your cup of tea, someone else will have to give a review.  I'll play all the game modes at least a couple of times to see if I like anyone of them more.  I know Chew has it, he might want to add on to this small/brief review based on limited gameplay.  He might have some insight on single player mode as well.  

Edit:  I'd like to add, it appears they have added in game money to purchase new weapons, instead of the traditional "get X amount of points in this class to unlock next weapon".  So, gotta stack dem dolla bills. There are annoying "changes" that I'm sure I can get used to over time.  I am glad I didn't go premium and pay the extra $50 right now.  I can see myself getting bored faster on this release than any other, and I played the living **** out of BF BC 2, BF3 and BF4.

Gamefly just shipped me Hardline and AC:Unity.

Hopefully Unity isn't as bad as some reviews suggest.

In reference to Unity, multiple patches have fixed most of the issues that initiated the criticism. I myself loved it, but I'm more or less a "fanboy" of the series as simply being able to walk/run around cities from famous time periods enthralls me. The game is gorgeous and the assassinations generally fun. To this day, i still pop in the game to climb up the meticulously detailed Notre Dame Cathedral, and simply peer out into 18th century Paris. Awesome

Taze, BF is made for conquest man. lol

Should feel a lot less like a cluster **** with the more open maps.

And a bit OT but DayZ may be the most fun i have ever had playing a video game. I have had no server issues at all. Played with three other friends last night. We are all still getting the hang of it but it is great.

In reference to Unity, multiple patches have fixed most of the issues that initiated the criticism. I myself loved it, but I'm more or less a "fanboy" of the series as simply being able to walk/run around cities from famous time periods enthralls me. The game is gorgeous and the assassinations generally fun. To this day, i still pop in the game to climb up the meticulously detailed Notre Dame Cathedral, and simply peer out into 18th century Paris. Awesome

Yeah I've played all the AC games so far and love the series too.

The only one I didn't like was AC3 and that's primarily because the world was boring. If they did a good job with Paris, then I'm all in.

I have only played a little of Unity, I have no problem with it but I will eventually play it more, I'm just caught up with Destiny.

The only AC I've finished was Black Flag, I loved that game.  2 and 3 were both good, but I lost interest.  The whole piracy and naval battle thing going on with Black Flag was great.  

Taze, BF is made for conquest man. lol

Should feel a lot less like a cluster **** with the more open maps.

And a bit OT but DayZ may be the most fun i have ever had playing a video game. I have had no server issues at all. Played with three other friends last night. We are all still getting the hang of it but it is great.

I know man, but I'm a TDM/SDM kinda guy :)   I just hate it when game companies feel the need to tweak things and remove things that don't need to be tweaked or removed.

I understand they have to do their best on improvements to stay competitive in the market.  I don't know why they felt the need to remove SDM and make TDM 64 players.  I love the chaos at times, don't get me wrong.  But, I don't see any reason not to have official/ranked servers at launch with less total # of players.

I'm sure once people start renting out their own ranked servers the numbers will vary.  I can even get over SDM being taken out.  Again, have options for 24 or 32 total players.  And maybe they will, who knows.  I just don't think expanding the total # of players is an improvement if they take away the options of 12 vs 12 or 16 vs 16.  Expanding on the BF4 model would be improving.

After today, I'm off the rest of the week, so I plan to play the hell out of it tonight through Sunday.  I'm sure I can enjoy the product once I get used to the game play again and unlock a few weapons/attachments.  Not giving up on it yet.

I wish companies would stop using brand names to push new ideas. 

For example, I would be down for a quality police force game that had new ideas for multiplayer similar to what Hardline is doing with it's cops and robbers bit and a campaign like End of Watch or something. Just make a new IP don't slap Battlefield on it for sales. 

Same thing with Black Flag. Just make an awesome new pirate IP that can be continued instead of a one and done AC pirate game. Make a real AC game and then a different, completely separate Pirate franchise with its own world and mythology. 

Been playing Hardline all night.  It's growing on me as I learn the maps better.  Need to play more hardcore TDM, regular is getting on my nerves, no way I should have to fire a shotty twice at near point blank range to kill peeps.  Been rocking the sniper rifle, unlocked the 12X scope.  What I like about the sniper class is the starting handgun is fully automatic.

So I'll run around with that and light people up, on the way to my sniper nest.  Not having consistently good games as far as K/D ratio, but have kept it close to 1.0 and had some fairly good games pulling out a couple of 2.0, etc.

It might just be me, but the ranking, even at lower levels seems kinda slow.  But that might seem like that cause I can plow through ranks on CoD, as it's designed that way for prestige mode.

Not gonna pull the trigger on premium just yet.  But enjoying 64 player TDM a lot more than last night.

Archived