Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

The new Bloodborne game seems cool. I never played any of the Souls games though, I heard they're insanely difficult. Is there leveling where you get stat points you can distribute? Is there gear? The Bloodborne wiki is really barren.

They are difficult in the sense that they punish stupidity and impatience. If you go in expecting Ninja Gaiden or DmC then you'll get pummeled. The Souls games aren't button mashers. There is weight to the combat. Once you start the animation of an attack you are locked in.....for better or worse.

Yes, there are multiple weapons and armor sets in Bloodborne. There are trick weapons that transform (mid-combat) as well. There are a variety of stats and you will see many different character builds. Your starting traits, when you first create a character, do little to determine what you'll finish as.

The Bloodborne wiki is barren because From Soft and Sony Japan have done a real good job of keeping things under wraps. If you're really interested in the potential of this game, peruse the Demons Souls and Dark Souls wiki. Or, watch a few boss fight playthroughs.

http://youtu.be/rdvlfQR31RQ

Yeah the Souls games are very unforgiving. Gotta be real patient, because if you lose it, you will break your console.

souls gives no ****s. None. You constantly have to think about your next move. Then, even when you think you're starting to figure things out, oh look! Some asshole has invaded your game, and beats your head in, causing you to go back to soul form. That feeling though, when you start to become powerful, and start dealing instead of taking, is I indescribable. Started sending invaders back bloodied and despondent

But all in all, it is addicting fun, cause as mufu said, there are tons of different weapons and powers and builds, and you can create new weapons by collecting various items throughout the world.

So if you are the type of cat that loves a not good, but ultimate challenge, then try it out

Yeah the Souls games are very unforgiving. Gotta be real patient, because if you lose it, you will break your console.

souls gives no ****s. None. You constantly have to think about your next move. Then, even when you think you're starting to figure things out, oh look! Some asshole has invaded your game, and beats your head in, causing you to go back to soul form. That feeling though, when you start to become powerful, and start dealing instead of taking, is I indescribable. Started sending invaders back bloodied and despondent

But all in all, it is addicting fun, cause as mufu said, there are tons of different weapons and powers and builds, and you can create new weapons by collecting various items throughout the world.

So if you are the type of cat that loves a not good, but ultimate challenege, then try it out

My favorite "what in the actual ****?!?!?!" moment was the first time I was invaded during the Old Monk boss fight in Demons Souls.  Bosses are hard enough as it is in this series but letting another human player take control of a boss is a real kick in the nuts.

First time my world was invaded i was soul farming in 4.1, and the "you have been invaded" thing shows up. At that point I didnt even know you could do that, so I thought they seeked me out. Kicked my ass all over the place, and I lost my stuff. I was heated.

Sent the dude a message and was basically like "Wtf is your problem man, you just ruined my ****". I was expecting him to gloat, but to my surprise he seemed to feel guilty about it, and said that it was all random and it wasnt intentional.

I remembered that moment though. Another person invaded me like 6 days later, and by that point I had vastly upgraded, and whooped his ass.

Hardline is decent so far, I really haven't played enough to judge the game properly. The 5v5 objective modes are a nice addition, too bad the lack of proper match making will never let those gametypes get very popular.

The Order : 1886

LEGIT game.  I have no idea how far into it I made it last night.  Very intriguing story line.  A couple of times the cinematics stopped, and I didn't know I was supposed to play my character.  Very seamless.  Very impressed thus far.  I had written this game off.

I'll let you know how I feel when the game is over.

keep us updated, Goonie Goon.  that game kinda flew under the radar, I'm anxious to hear more about it.  the reveal trailer looked amazing, but the hype kinda died down after that.  I thought it came out much later this year

Solo player campaign really isn't my thing.

I much prefer rolling with my friends in pvp/pve scenarios.

But this game is pretty cool.  Not at all the story arc I was expecting.

Is this Hardline?

So I'm now on chapter 13 of the evil within and I've reached a point where I just wish this long ass game would end. I don't want to quit because I've made it so far but I've begun to hate it.

Lol you're almost there. Just knock it out. Don't worry about story payoff though since it makes no sense. Just finish it out and move on haha.

I remember playing RE on my friends PS1 and beating it but I don't know what was going on at the time because I don't remember this part, maybe he played this segment.

So I'm rolling through the Remaster last night, open the double doors in the Residence and bang huge, huge ass spider on the wall above the door. Toss the controller across the room, turn the lights on, cut the TV/PS4 off all within about 5 seconds and tell my wife "**** it, I'm done"

It took me an hour to get up enough courage to go back in to the room close my eyes and just start blasting grenade rounds until I heard the hissing sound of death. But now that they've been introduced, I can barely take a step thinking another one is around every door.

I have really bad arachnophobia, mostly over big ones that are in movies or video games. Only a couple in real life bother me. This is why I couldnt finish Skyrim.

I think that's it for me guys. These things are too legit. I had no problem with the RE2 spiders in the sewers back in the day. They weren't bad at all but this? Nah

The Order : 1886

LEGIT game.  I have no idea how far into it I made it last night.  Very intriguing story line.  A couple of times the cinematics stopped, and I didn't know I was supposed to play my character.  Very seamless.  Very impressed thus far.  I had written this game off.

I'll let you know how I feel when the game is over.

Yep. I responded in this thread about this gorgeous game when it was released. Many dismissed it due to mediocre reviews and linear gameplay. I had a great time with the game. Not every game has to be a 200 hour open world experience to affirm its value. It was a refreshing experience after finishing up GTA V and Far Cry 4- two huge, open world games. 

Match making? You pick a server don't you?

Negative, for the 5v5 game types you can squad join with your party (you can do this for any gametype), but it often puts you in an empty server or 5vs1.

With a proper match making system the 5v5 gametypes would easily be the most competitive and a lot more popular.

I also wish the game had squad death match, it was my favorite in bf4.

Negative, for the 5v5 game types you can squad join with your party (you can do this for any gametype), but it often puts you in an empty server or 5vs1.

With a proper match making system the 5v5 gametypes would easily be the most competitive and a lot more popular.

I also wish the game had squad death match, it was my favorite in bf4.

Ah, gotcha.  At least they fixed this edition to join party/squad and actually get to play with your friends.  By far the dumbest move not to allow this in BF4.  

Yeah, I'm not sure why the need to remove squad death match from the list of game modes.  You had good numbers, it was your squad of 4 versus 3 other squads of 4, 12 targets.  It's almost like they felt the need to punish us by allowing for squads to join matches but eliminating the SDM mode.  

I remember playing RE on my friends PS1 and beating it but I don't know what was going on at the time because I don't remember this part, maybe he played this segment.

So I'm rolling through the Remaster last night, open the double doors in the Residence and bang huge, huge ass spider on the wall above the door. Toss the controller across the room, turn the lights on, cut the TV/PS4 off all within about 5 seconds and tell my wife "**** it, I'm done"

It took me an hour to get up enough courage to go back in to the room close my eyes and just start blasting grenade rounds until I heard the hissing sound of death. But now that they've been introduced, I can barely take a step thinking another one is around every door.

I have really bad arachnophobia, mostly over big ones that are in movies or video games. Only a couple in real life bother me. This is why I couldnt finish Skyrim.

I think that's it for me guys. These things are too legit. I had no problem with the RE2 spiders in the sewers back in the day. They weren't bad at all but this? Nah

LOL this is just precious. Poor guy. :)

Don't force yourself to keep playing if it's that bad. It'll be fine. ( I hate giant spiders too. Just not quite as much as you do. They gross me out more than scare me. )

I think the last game to have me not scared, but paranoid, was Fear. I was a little kid when I played DOOM, so that really doesnt count. Damn near scarred me for life though. Dead Space is probably second. The Necromorphs were hideous, but that rescue ship full of space marines that gets overrun and mutated due to a higher oxygen level (or something... my memory is getting fuzzy) in the ship... hooooly ****.

Too bad that franchise was given the classic EA treatment though. Reallh could've had something

As for spiders, the only spider related fight that creeped me out, was the one in Tomb Raider 2, when you're in the cave in Tibet, and those things just start coming from everywhere, making that rattling screech sound

I think the last game to have me not scared, but paranoid, was Fear. I was a little kid when I played DOOM, so that really doesnt count. Damn near scarred me for life though. Dead Space is probably second. The Necromorphs were hideous, but that rescue ship full of space marines that gets overrun and mutated due to a higher oxygen level (or something... my memory is getting fuzzy) in the ship... hooooly ****.

Too bad that franchise was given the classic EA treatment though. Reallh could've had something

As for spiders, the only spider related fight that creeped me out, was the one in Tomb Raider 2, when you're in the cave in Tibet, and those things just start coming from everywhere, making that rattling screech sound

You ever play Hexen?  That dropped when I was in college, kinda creepy playing it, you would hear devil chants and stuff, them bam!  some monster would pop out of nowhere.

Archived