Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I've asked multiple times about this game and everyone talks about how hard Dark Souls was, as if that is a plus.  No thanks.

Don't let the difficulty scare you off.  I almost didn't give them a chance because of that, but I finally got around to getting the games.  I'm so glad I did and the Souls games are some of my favorite games that I've ever played, and I've played video games since the Atari 2600.  I don't like hectic button mashing games like I used to when I was younger, but the Souls games aren't a "mash your buttons as fast as you can" series.  The pace is kind of slow, so you aren't physically wearing out your thumbs and fingers.  I've beaten all three Souls games on the PS3, Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2, so it definitely isn't mission impossible to do so.  Out of those three games, Dark Souls 1 is my favorite.  It's a masterpiece.  Dark Souls 2 is like a hybrid of Dark Souls 1 and Demon Souls.  It's an excellent game, but I like the first one better.

I heard that Bloodborne has increased the pace of the game play and controls compared to the Souls games.  I'm not sure how I feel about that because I loved the pace of combat in the Souls games.

I've asked multiple times about this game and everyone talks about how hard Dark Souls was, as if that is a plus.  No thanks.

Yeah, it's hard as hell.  But not impossible.  If it's like Dark Souls, people will leave notes that you can pick up and read with hints, warnings, etc.  Which is very cool player/player interaction.  Also, you could see their ghosts die, which gave you hints on adopting new strategy.  

I haven't read back to see if you played Deamon or Dark Souls, but they were as fun as they were difficult.  Hell, even with a play guide they were hard.  But once you learned the strategy, very rewarding.  I'm gonna pick it up later on, got too many games going on right now.

I'll pick it up eventually. Haven't played any of the Souls games, may grab the DS2 remaster when it comes out but I am just looking for a hard game, not hard in the cheap sense but one that doesn't hold your hand throughout and makes you think about what to do. 

If the combat is tough too, that's a plus. I don't need any boss fights with glowing red weak points to attack. Like Shadow of the Colossus, boss fights were relatively simple, but they didn't tell you exactly how to mount or defeat each beast. 

I remember the boss fights I made it to being very difficult until you figured out it's pattern and weakness.  Those were definitely not giving nor forgiving games lol.

I never beat either of the games though, time was not on my side back then.  Deamon Souls, I got the furthest in, but I was way way late to the party.  PvP was almost non-existent and those still invading games had played through multiple times and were decked out.  Plus Tazette was real little so it was hard working in gaming time back then.

I bought Dark Souls at release, got a little ways through it, but with a then toddler (3 yo), it was hard to work in any gaming at the time, unless it was later at night, then it was TV/Movie and bed time.  

Now that the kid is older (7 yo) and is into her TV/game apps on the phone and it's not as scary for her if she wants to watch me play, I should get in more play time.

Now I wish I still had the 360 to do another run through the ME trilogy.

And I might just impulsively buy one again lol.

This is why I kept mine, and since Microsoft is trying to use the 360 to pretend like they're really releasing great content with Games With Gold (the X1 gets crappy free games, the 360 gets major hits, and yet they'll still go to E3 and pretend like they're delivering great free content on the X1). I've nearly used up all of HDD space with awesome games. I originally held onto it because I wanted my two sons to have something to play that didn't need to be online all the time, and I could make sure what they're playing or seeing was appropriate for their age. 

But they're just five and four, until they're ready to handle gaming on this level I'm going to enjoy some Mass Effect. I'm going to start ME1 this weekend. 

Wow. Those are some really good review scores. Maybe I need to get a PS4 soon. 

Bloodborne is getting delivered today and I can't wait to get out of work. Like Dark Souls, the challenge and difficulty is worth the reward. Also, playing these games were your skills evolve I enjoy so much more. It isn't just a FPS spray and pray type single player, which I still enjoy too, but you get more invested in this type.

I think if you like the Batman series, this might be worth a look. It will be a lot more difficult, but still a lot of fun.

I

I bought Dark Souls at release, got a little ways through it, but with a then toddler (3 yo), it was hard to work in any gaming at the time, unless it was later at night, then it was TV/Movie and bed time.  

Now that the kid is older (7 yo) and is into her TV/game apps on the phone and it's not as scary for her if she wants to watch me play, I should get in more play time.

Another thing I love about the Souls games is that they aren't story driven games.  You can play a few hours here and there, then log out at a bonfire and come back to it a few weeks later and pick it up right where you left off, because there isn't a complex story to keep up with.  I find the story driven games (which to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of), are more difficult to come back to after taking a lengthy break, because  a lot of times I have trouble remembering the fine details of the story if I haven't played in a while.

Another thing I love about the Souls games is that they aren't story driven games.  You can play a few hours here and there, then log out at a bonfire and come back to it a few weeks later and pick it up right where you left off, because there isn't a complex story to keep up with.  I find the story driven games (which to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of), are more difficult to come back to after taking a lengthy break, because  a lot of times I have trouble remembering the fine details of the story if I haven't played in a while.

Yes, I heard the opening of Bloodborne your character is told to do this just because you know why not.

I think a lot of people miss the fact that these are Japanese based developers. There isn't a lot of American influence on the styling of theses types of games.

Yes, I heard the opening of Bloodborne your character is told to do this just because you know why not.

I think a lot of people miss the fact that these are Japanese based developers. There isn't a lot of American influence on the styling of theses types of games.

Yeah, with all the Souls games, there's a vague intro that gives you a brief overall theme, but there isn't any story driven progression in the game.  The only story driven game I was into was The Last of Us.  Other than that, I'm not a huge fan of listening to a ton of dialogue and such, especially if it overrides game play.  I'd just rather watch a movie if I'm in the mood to listen to a ton dialogue.

Yeah I always thought it was silly how some of the other characters in the group were allowed to dress but your character's options were so straightforward comparatively. Never even thought about how much worse that would be for a female character.

I always liked games that took similar approach as the THQ wrestling series model where pretty much, anything that any of the other characters can do or wear(moves, entrances, clothes etc), you can too. That blew my mind back when I played Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy for the N64.

They might not even let you start the final mission in 3 lol, with the 3 people hanging around that might still have your back by then.

Oh she's not that crazy. But there will be casualties. You'd have to royally screw up the campaign to get significant losses. But there will be certain areas where you have to "Choose your team wisely", and not take too much time doing stuff, but I'll do what I want and take no unnecessary risks, sacrificing who I must.

ME2 definitely has the edge in terms of big ass DNA erasing guns. Very useful ace in the hole against **** like the regenerating Geth Collossus, dual Loki mechs, giant husks and the final boss, who, if you take your merry time against, can result in loss of life.

Gimme 3's shootouts, 2's heavy weapons, and 1's dialogue

The combat setup in 3 is just perfect.

The combat setup in 3 is just perfect.

Probably too perfect. Team AI is smarter as well. Im still on ME2, pretty close to the final mission. This Vanguard build has made me nearly invincible at this point, with the added upgrades.

And with the assault rifle bonus, im loaded like I was in ME1, capable of attacking long, short, and medium range. Plus I found my Dream Team lineup (Shepard, Miranda, and Jack). Thats enough biotic power to destroy a small planet. I can take out waves without even touching a gun.

Even in "The Arrival" mission, I was able to take out like 5-6 waves by myself before the crazy woman drugs Shepard.

Im naturally a good salesman, even when im not trying to be.

Nothing wrong with being a hustler.

Best thing you can do as a salesperson is be completely honest when something is garbage. Folks respect that and will come back to you for business. Then they send you business also.

About 25 hours of gameplay into DA Inquisition and I get it.

This game is frakkin awesome. 

I need to get back to my second playthrough. And quickly, because as soon as Gearbox comes out with the patch for Borderlands: THC I'm going to be playing that predominantly. 

Two funnest basbeall games I've ever played were Ray Sandberg Super Bases Loaded and the original Mario Superstar Baseball for the GameCube. They were obviously not realistic and very Arcadish but just pure fun.

I think baseball games now, while looking incredible are just too realistic for me and it makes them not nearly as fun to play.

I felt the same way with the Tiger Woods PGA franchise. Good and baseball don't seem to be sports that lend themselves well to serious super realistic slow paced gameplay imo.

Two funnest basbeall games I've ever played were Ray Sandberg Super Bases Loaded and the original Mario Superstar Baseball for the GameCube. They were obviously not realistic and very Arcadish but just pure fun.

I think baseball games now, while looking incredible are just too realistic for me and it makes them not nearly as fun to play.

Road to the show is a lot of fun.

I don't think I'm that far through it either..I've been doing a lot of sidequests and relationship building..just got done coming back from the future or wherever the heck I was.

Pissed a lot of people off siding with the mages too..oh well. No nookie for my character anytime soon. :P

That might have been the best quest in the game. So epic.

Yeah people will be upset with you, but people will be upset no matter what. You can easily make up those lost reputation points.

Archived