Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

They dump all that development money/time into graphics because that's something that's easy to show off and market. They typically tend to choose ultra high resolutions at the expense of framerate as high resolution looks pretty in their screenshots while framerate actually improves gameplay and feel, but not as easy to market. And don't get me started on the amount of the budget reserved for marketing.

And if you want to talk about increasing costs, how about increasing revenue due to the market for video games being bigger than ever? The potential returns have been greater now than ever, but these publishers have seen all of the dollars on the table and all they think is all the money they get if they make a AAA game (in other terms, a game with 90% of the non-marketing budget dumped into graphics) that appeals to a broad audience (or basically bland, unoriginal gameplay). If the game succeeds, they laugh all the way to the bank. If it fails, they go out of business because they chose to overspend gambling for the big returns. You'll forgive me if I don't shed a tear for these poor publishers who no longer care about their consumers or the art of games, but only look at how much money they can squeeze out of you.

I'll admit i am a sucker for the skins and special weapons packs and irrelevant side missions. But only if i find it interesting. I won't always jump on it. And a lot of times it always seems buggy as hell, and they never come up with an adequate patch. Like AC3 and Fallout 3. That King Washington DLC had a gamebreaking glitch that never got fixed, and the Operation Anchorage DLC completely ruined my save file.

That's pretty funny but most of the pre-order bonuses don't amount to anything truly significant. Its Not like the game is incomplete or unplayable like the painting without some extra skins or a multiplayer map or one irrelevant side campaign mission

I think it was Elder Scrolls: Online that locked the most powerful class behind an Amazon pre-order. And I get a kick out of content sold as DLC when it comes pre-loaded on the disk at launch. Or Destiny locking content behind DLC when it was part of the game before the DLC was released.

I thought you only used a Wii ?

'twas indeed my console of choice last generation, but I am not ignorant of what occurs on other consoles (plus, I have one brother who had a 360 and one with a PS3).

haven't been able to move on to the current gen as of yet, though I do have a PC that I'll do some gaming on (though I don't really play anything that isn't available on Linux).

They dump all that development money/time into graphics because that's something that's easy to show off and market. They typically tend to choose ultra high resolutions at the expense of framerate as high resolution looks pretty in their screenshots while framerate actually improves gameplay and feel, but not as easy to market. And don't get me started on the amount of the budget reserved for marketing.And if you want to talk about increasing costs, how about increasing revenue due to the market for video games being bigger than ever? The potential returns have been greater now than ever, but these publishers have seen all of the dollars on the table and all they think is all the money they get if they make a AAA game (in other terms, a game with 90% of the non-marketing budget dumped into graphics) that appeals to a broad audience (or basically bland, unoriginal gameplay). If the game succeeds, they laugh all the way to the bank. If it fails, they go out of business because they chose to overspend gambling for the big returns. You'll forgive me if I don't shed a tear for these poor publishers who no longer care about their consumers or the art of games, but only look at how much money they can squeeze out of you.

This is why crowd sourced indie games are great. Can't wait to see the 2nd efforts from some of these companies now that they have engines and other things already setup. Divinity Orginal Sin and Pillars of Eternity are two of the best RPGs I have played in recent years. Has anyone with a PS4 played Axiom Verge? It's basically super metroid and I have been waiting awhile for it to come to PC. I think Sony has a 3 month exclusive to PS4 deal in place and then it will be on PC (Actually it comes to PC May 14th just checked). The entire game was made by one guy. 85 on metacritic if you grew up during the nes/SNES era you should def give it a look.

I hear you, I've been done for awhile, mostly just got series fatigue. To be fair, they've done several WW2 and a Vietnam setting, multiple modern settings and a few future settings. I don't know what else they can do besides go away for awhile and come back.

Letting the franchise sit on a shelf for a bit would be a good start. As far as where to go in the future, what would you think about trying to take a Band Of Brothers approach? Don't have it be a pure testosterone-fest of action, but slow the pace down here and there. As you march from one location to another and maybe you'll find yourself ambushed on occasion or spring a trap of your own as you lie in wait of your prey. Just bring something more than "go here and shoot people".

anyone here enjoy Forza Horizon 2?  I splurged a little yesterday and picked it up, but I've never played a Horizon game and wasn't sure what it is exactly.  I'm more of a traditional racing game with actual tracks like the original Forza and GT series, I'm not sure if I will enjoy this open environment that Horizon offers.  I may take it back and trade for Forza 5, unless someone here thinks I should give it a chance. 

It's been a long time since CoD did WW2 or Vietnam, WaW being the last one and it was a little of a failure due to the lesser studio making it and taking too many shortcuts.  They could really make a successful remake of CoD2, without all the bull**** perks, gadgets, and tiresome advanced warfare

Some old maps

Some new maps

Side specific guns, and not too many guns 

Balanced classes with limits of how many classes per team (1 sniper, 1 engineer, 3 medics)

less is more

and then shelf the series for a while and come up with something new

I'm stil reeling over the SH news. The hell happened? Hideo Kojima is Konami. MGS won't be the same without him.

They're going to destroy his baby and he wouldn't go along with it so they axed him. Assumption on my part but I think they want to turn it into assassins creed with a new game ever year. Kojima-San wanted no part of that.

Goddamn it...

SH was the game I was looking forward to. How could they do this? It was the game survival horror fans deserved. And MGS is my favorite saga. I was also salivating at what Kojima could do with a 21st century retcon of the Zanzibarland Disturbance/Outer Heaven storylines from the original Metal Gear(s).

Why did they do this. Why, damn it why.

How the heck did any of you ever finish DA Inquisition? I've got about 80 hours in and I don't think I'm anywhere close to finishing, especially with all the side quests and exploring to do. Those ****ing shards are everywhere, man. 

Plus..I was relunctant to choose a specialization, so I just became a Tempest and now I got a lot of upgrades to earn. Plus...I still have like 9 ****ing dragons to kill.

Seriously..I may never finish this game. 

:)

How the heck did any of you ever finish DA Inquisition? I've got about 80 hours in and I don't think I'm anywhere close to finishing, especially with all the side quests and exploring to do. Those ****ing shards are everywhere, man. 

Plus..I was relunctant to choose a specialization, so I just became a Tempest and now I got a lot of upgrades to earn. Plus...I still have like 9 ****ing dragons to kill.

Seriously..I may never finish this game. 

:)

Here is what happens to me in every RPG I play:

I start off gung ho about doing everything. I do every side quest, collect every collectable, etc.

Then I hit a wall. Usually around the 40 hour mark or so. At that point I just want to finish the game.

Thats basically what happened to me in DA:I. I love it, and I did a lot of stuff(incl. the romance and a lot of the dialogues), but I didn't do everything.

Great game though. Bioware knocked it out of the park. I'm actually thinking of starting up a new character and playing on a higher difficulty. Normal mode was insanely easy, especially as the Reaver Warrior. My party didn't wipe once.

Goddamn it...

SH was the game I was looking forward to. How could they do this? It was the game survival horror fans deserved. And MGS is my favorite saga. I was also salivating at what Kojima could do with a 21st century retcon of the Zanzibarland Disturbance/Outer Heaven storylines from the original Metal Gear(s).

Why did they do this. Why, damn it why.

I heard Konami is in major financial trouble. They have delisted from the New York Stock Exchange. Speculation they may be looking for someone to purchase them or closing up shop. 

Here is what happens to me in every RPG I play:

I start off gung ho about doing everything. I do every side quest, collect every collectable, etc.

Then I hit a wall. Usually around the 40 hour mark or so. At that point I just want to finish the game.

Thats basically what happened to me in DA:I. I love it, and I did a lot of stuff(incl. the romance and a lot of the dialogues), but I didn't do everything.

Great game though. Bioware knocked it out of the park. I'm actually thinking of starting up a new character and playing on a higher difficulty. Normal mode was insanely easy, especially as the Reaver Warrior. My party didn't wipe once.

My recent problems with RPGs is unless they totally pull me into the world, I normally play for 20-30 hours, something will come up and I won't be able to play for a week or two and then I'm just sort of get lost with what I was doing, forget things and when I try to pick it up again it just seems too daunting and I move on. Bummer really.

Archived