Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Any word on the new MK?

It's getting great reviews

Game informer: 9.25/10

"Mortal Kombat X is a fantastic successor in every sense. The mechanics may be similar to 2011's strong release, but with so many new modes and features permeating every part of the experience, it’s a worthy upgrade. Mortal Kombat X is more than the continuation of NetherRealm's successful vision for the franchise; it’s one of the best fighting games in years." - Brian Shea

IGN: In Progress

"This helps MKX feel like the smoothest-playing Mortal Kombat ever. Walk speeds are snappier, pokes feel more useful, and with the awesome new variation system, there’s more to explore, discover, and exploit than ever before. Liu Kang has a variation where he can switch on the fly between healing and damaging stances, new grappler Torr employs an assist character to double-team opponents, Kotal Khan can place totems to grant himself temporary buffs--this is the kind of stuff you see in Persona 4 or BlazBlue, and seeing NetherRealms open up so many fun new doors is really refreshing." - Vince Ingenito

Polygon: 9/10

"Mortal Kombat X is friendly both to casual players who want to experience its rich suite of single-player content and knock around with some friends, but deep enough for competitive players who want to plumb its roster and variations. It's a robust, feature-rich competitive fighting game that hones what's worked for NetherRealm Studios in past games, and even shows hints of restraint and maturity amidst the gory hyper-violence. Paired with an ambitious online meta-game, Mortal Kombat X is one of the best fighting games in the series." - Michael McWhertor

US Gamer: 4/5

"Mortal Kombat X offers everything a fan could ask from except possibly their favorite character. The graphics and animations received a huge boost thanks to the power of the new consoles, and while not perfect, the net code is vastly improved over previous NetherRealm fighting games. The story mode has been streamlined to make it shorter, but it still retains the cinematic flare fans have come to expect. Faction Wars add an additional layer of polish, even if they aren't as impactful as NetherRealm intended, and Test Your Luck will provide hours of fun for more casual players." - Bryan Dawson

Gamespot: In Progress

"There is so much to do, and a well of fighting styles to explore, that you'll have to try pretty hard to grow bored of it. This is the most visually stunning Mortal Kombat to date, too, mixing over-the-top, Injustice-like moves with an eye-catching visual style. The violence within isn't going to sit well with everybody, and while it sometimes feels like the promise of a brutal finishing move overshadows the core fighting game within, when you see through it, you'll appreciate that Mortal Kombat X is a serious fighting game that's merely dressed with a bit of dark humor, rather than one that's defined by that and that alone." - Peter Brown

I've heard about those. Don't know much about them but could be interesting. I've been considering getting into pc gaming a bit and that might be a good option. Can it be upgraded like a regular pc? If not, it seems to defeat the purpose.

For me it was the complete opposite. One of my favorite games so far this gen.

Yeah I remember seeing you and a couple others talking about it previously which is what made me add it to my gamefly.

MTGTM I was a strictly console guy forever. Bought a gaming pc a few months ago and man it is awesome. I haven't even touched the xbone in a month or so. Steam I would say without a doubt is the greatest invention ever. Lol

Games are so cheap on there that you really have no reason to even go back to console. Unless obviously it's an exclusive or something or your pc can't run it.

Just amazing deals on there.

Ok...who's playing the story line of MKX?

Lol Sinister you need to change your avi...lol

I've just been playing the single player vs cpu matches getting a feel for the game and special moves.  Fatalities seem easy to pull off, well, they have some set for easy hold RT and press X or Y (Xbox).  

I assume I'll do the story line at some point cause you have to complete it to unlock that one char.  I need to order a guide with all the moves.  

New Guitar Hero comes out this fall and looks bad ass.  It has two modes, Live and GHTV, where live is playing in front of actual live people recorded who react, signs, throwing ****, etc.  And the GHTV is actual library of hundreds of music videos that you can play.  

https://www.guitarhero.com/

Why order a guide? The moves are all listed it looks like in the menu....except some of the fatalities and brutalities.

I like the story line..you don't really have to know all the moves for it. I generally use the storyline for practicing. I like how they proceeded with the story from the last one, and the evolution of the Sub-Zero/Scorpion story.

Not to mention how they tie in the new characters

Why order a guide? The moves are all listed it looks like in the menu....except some of the fatalities and brutalities.

I like the story line..you don't really have to know all the moves for it. I generally use the storyline for practicing. I like how they proceeded with the story from the last one, and the evolution of the Sub-Zero/Scorpion story.

Not to mention how they tie in the new characters

I plan on primarily playing against others online and with all the moves/combos, am not going to try and memorize all those moves lol.  I do better when I can glance down and see the moves, then go at it.  

Single player, yeah, I can pause it, look at the moves, etc.  I'm not 100% but I don't think you can pause matches online in the middle of a match.  

I've just been playing the single player vs cpu matches getting a feel for the game and special moves.  Fatalities seem easy to pull off, well, they have some set for easy hold RT and press X or Y (Xbox).  

I assume I'll do the story line at some point cause you have to complete it to unlock that one char.  I need to order a guide with all the moves.  

New Guitar Hero comes out this fall and looks bad ass.  It has two modes, Live and GHTV, where live is playing in front of actual live people recorded who react, signs, throwing ****, etc.  And the GHTV is actual library of hundreds of music videos that you can play.  

https://www.guitarhero.com/

I always liked Rock Band more and I'm excited about the RB4 coming out. I'll admit the Live and GHTV modes sound pretty cool and nothing is really known about RB4 yet and what it will do to mix up the formula and make it interesting. 

I just never cared for the buttons on the GH guitar. They were actualy buttons where in RB they were incorporated into the guitar. Felt more authentic. 

I'm not 100% but I don't think you can pause matches online in the middle of a match.  

I'd hope not, that would be an awful experience lol

I always liked Rock Band more and I'm excited about the RB4 coming out. I'll admit the Live and GHTV modes sound pretty cool and nothing is really known about RB4 yet and what it will do to mix up the formula and make it interesting. 

I just never cared for the buttons on the GH guitar. They were actualy buttons where in RB they were incorporated into the guitar. Felt more authentic. 

I read on there they changed the button to a 2x3 button layout, with whammy bar and strum bar to make it more realistic.  It's supposed to make it easier for beginners and harder for experts.  For expert, it will require all six buttons.  Pretty cool.

I read on there they changed the button to a 2x3 button layout, with whammy bar and strum bar to make it more realistic. It's supposed to make it easier for beginners and harder for experts. For expert, it will require all six buttons. Pretty cool.

That sounds pretty sweet and I'm in no danger of playing on expert so I should be fine haha

I plan on primarily playing against others online and with all the moves/combos, am not going to try and memorize all those moves lol. I do better when I can glance down and see the moves, then go at it.

Single player, yeah, I can pause it, look at the moves, etc. I'm not 100% but I don't think you can pause matches online in the middle of a match.

Lol ah...now I understand

Archived