Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

And those companies don't care, they actually want it to be the same game every year. Their analysts have told them that is the best way to maximize profit.

And it's not even just games in the same series, but that they're trying water down all games to go for that coveted "broad appeal" leaving behind people that enjoyed different games. I'm looking at you, Ubisoft--I miss when Splinter Cell played like Splinter Cell and Sam Fisher was an aging veteran, not the new generic action game with a generic protagonist they try to pass off as Sam but is far younger than Sam ever was even in the first game and has none of the personality.

Was gonna watch a movie but decided to stay in, grill, and play the last of us. Just got started but this game is good so far and the graphics are impressive for ps3

Naughty Dog has always been a half gen ahead of everyone else in terms of graphics. I was excited about the prospects of TLOU, but felt a little let down after I finished it. You'll undoubtedly come away with your own opinion though. Feel free to share your thoughts after you beat it.

After beating all 4 of the first missions on Hard for MGS: Ground Zeroes, I came away damn impressed, even for PS3 standards (the actual game: Phantom Pain, will be on PS4 IIRC). Very fluid. Easiliy the most fluid of all the Metal Gear games. Gameplay allows you to naturally find cover instead of a cumbersome cover button. Offers several different methods of approaching a mission. The level design is amazing. Enemies are smarter, and can see farther (not ridiculously 5 ft in front of them) so you are forced to hone your sneaking skills. Music as always, is superb (Harry Gregson Williams back on the saddle), and since its Hideo Kojima, you know the story will deliver.

I still have my doubts about this open world thing. I just feel that Kojima is trying hard to be like everyone else, when he is fine just doing what he does best. I haven't yet seen any reviews for Phantom Pain that go into detail on this, so I have no launch point for my concerns, but it just feels wrong. When I think of Metal Gear Solid, I don't think Open World, I think various levels and locales, each, being on the PS4 engine, having the potential to be massive in their own right, like the base in Cuba used for Ground Zeroes.

It will be an adjustment listening to Kiefer Sutherland instead of David Hayter, but I will acknowledge that this is Naked Snake/Big Boss, and not Solid Snake (which makes sense, now that Solid Snakes story is finished). And its probably the homer in me, because it absolutely makes sense to go with someone else now that Big Boss is getting the red carpet treatment. Can't wait to see what freakshows he teams up with (I mean it is FoxHound after all)

I'm excited, but guarded at the same time

Hoping gamefly ships either Far Cry 4 or Dragon Age Inquisition. I was really excited for AC Unity but it seems like a ginormous piece of crap with horrible frame rate issues. I'm really beginning to wonder if game devs test this stuff out before releasing.

It certainly suffers from frame rate drops but the game is still fun. I'm pretty harsh on games and I don't hate it at all. It's atleast worth a gamefly.

Hoping gamefly ships either Far Cry 4 or Dragon Age Inquisition. I was really excited for AC Unity but it seems like a ginormous piece of crap with horrible frame rate issues. I'm really beginning to wonder if game devs test this stuff out before releasing.

I believe they knew they couldn't fix the game before their release date, and intentionally released like it is with the intention of fixing it's issues through patches. I hate when developers/publishers do that. All they care about is the consumer's money, no pride in making a quality product. They also put an embargo on reviewers so gamers wouldn't see the ****ty reviews until the day the game was released. 

How's the story, Vish?

I gave up until they patch it. I played a little bit. It's extremely ambitious because the crowds and environment are huge. Which is why I think my xbox keeps ****ting the frame rate. I see that people are having varying responses to frame rate problems. It's absolutely horrible for me, like it runs in slow motion basically. 

I sent it back to gamefly because I'd rather have Far Cry 4 or Dragon Age. I'll wait for Ubisoft to patch it before giving it a try.

Feel bad for the people who paid 60 dollars for a broken game, with no replay value.

It certainly suffers from frame rate drops but the game is still fun. I'm pretty harsh on games and I don't hate it at all. It's atleast worth a gamefly.

I'm reading that people are experiencing it differently. I don't know why that is the case, but its unplayable for me. 

I actually bought the new Halo release. I loved Halo 2 and I'm willing to wait that one out because the MP has replay value.

It just sucks that two highly anticipated games turned out to be broken junk.

How do you ever receive new games? I put them at #1 in my queue well before they come out and never receive them.

Dragon Age is amazing. Been up since 2 am playing. Can't put it down. Plays better than Skyrim. I was more invested in the Elder Scrolls mythology though, so I have to get used to the DA universe so to speak.

Huge open world. Lots to do. Combat is great. You can play it like KOTOR or control it yourself.

Dragon Age is amazing. Been up since 2 am playing. Can't put it down. Plays better than Skyrim. I was more invested in the Elder Scrolls mythology though, so I have to get used to the DA universe so to speak.

Huge open world. Lots to do. Combat is great. You can play it like KOTOR or control it yourself.

Gonna pick up a copy after work and get down to business creating my character. In the wise words of Bart Scott, "Can't wait."

So I was going to pick up Dragon Age today, but a good amount of the user reviews on MetaCritic are negative. I think now I am going to pick up Far Cry. Probably pick up Dragon Age down the road.

Are you playing on PC? It looks like a large number of the negative user reviews are from people who are having problems on PC. I picked it up today for the X1, but I haven't played it yet due to an issue I'm having with the Dragon Keep. 

EDIT: Now that I'm reading the negative reviews a little closer, nearly all the bad reviews are from PC users complaining that the game was designed for consoles and they wish it was more point-and-click. Or people who didn't play the previous games and don't understand what is going on. 

Archived