Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Is The Master Chief collection a little more modern with the options. For instance, instead of two player co-op have they expanded it to four? Ever since Gears of War 3, Halo:Reach and Borderlands 2 did it, there is no excuse for any FPS campaign to released without it.

The campaigns and game are as they originally released so:

Halo: CE Anniversary – 2 players max, split-screen or online

Halo 2: Anniversary – 2 players max, split-screen or online

Halo 3 – 4 players max online, 2 players max split-screen

Halo 4 – 4 players max online, 2 players max split-screen

The exception being the Halo 2 Anniversary campaign has remastered graphics, cgi cutscenes and sound effects.

Not sure what other modern options you are asking about. You can set one default control scheme for all games though instead of having to switch up between each

Beat The Evil Within the other night, total time 16 hours and 54 minutes, with 99 deaths. Not bad

I am not enjoying AW either. Just too much crazy going on. I like things a little more simple and not so much system overload. I am picking up Dragon Age on Tuesday. Really getting excited with all the reviews I have read. Plus a total play through of 90 hours, so should get me through the cold and holidays.

Game consoles and network problems seem to going hand in hand lately. My friends and I tried to play Destiny last night, only half of us could get the Bungie servers to recognize our profiles, and only a quarter of us could play any games without getting kicked within 10 minutes. 

I know they were doing scheduled maintenance, but by their own admission, that should've took down all servers from 2AM-6AM EST. No excuse not to have services running before then. 

How many of you guys who are excited for Dragon Age:Inquisition played the first two games and the Awakenings expansion? I'm a huge fan of the series so I have about six different game saves with a host of different decisions I've made over the course of the games. But if this is your first time trying this game, I would highly recommend either reading up on the wiki about story and it's lore, and/or doing the Dragon Keep beta in order to craft the decisions you would've made in those previous games. It should allow you to not be completely lost by some of the dialogue, motivations of specific characters, or understanding the animosity between different countries/groups. 

I played Dragon Age Origins and the Awakening expansion and loved it. One of my favorite RPGs and games ever. Great story with MEANINGFUL choices and fun, tactical gameplay. It was also challenging.

Then I played 2...I wanted to cry it was so bad. I beat it out of spite, but it was just awful. Recycled areas, story choices that didn't make any difference, repetitive combat(spawning minions mid combat? really?), it was just horrendous.

Played AW last night. Meh so far.

Some guy did nothing but jump shoot the entire time and was getting plenty of kills doing so. I really don't get it lol.

There is a classic mode that removes exo abilities and jump boost.  Has 4 game modes in there (KC, Domination, S&D and TDM).  Shoot'em out of the sky, thats what I do.  But I haven't ran into any problems with everyone jump shooting 24/7 though.

And a question out to all the CoD, BF haters about the same game being put out and relabeled every year.  Isn't that what Xbox did by releasing the Halo box set?  It's all the same games already released.  Nothing new right?  

With that said, I haven't played Halo since Halo 2.  Is the Halo box set awesome enough (lag/connectivity aside - it will be fixed) to justify buying the Xbox One console?  Titanfall I already own on PC and it wasn't anything spectacular to justify buying the console, imo.

I played Dragon Age Origins and the Awakening expansion and loved it. One of my favorite RPGs and games ever. Great story with MEANINGFUL choices and fun, tactical gameplay. It was also challenging.

Then I played 2...I wanted to cry it was so bad. I beat it out of spite, but it was just awful. Recycled areas, story choices that didn't make any difference, repetitive combat(spawning minions mid combat? really?), it was just horrendous.

One of my friends feels the exact same way. He hated DA2, as did a lot of people. It was rushed by EA, and not even a complete game as they had you play for DLC characters with no completed story arc (Sebastian?) and the overuse of the same environments over and over. It's sad that it was obvious the dialogue was written and voice acted for the Elves before they made the decision to nix the new maps. 

Should my 12 year old son in junior high be allowed to play Dragon Age?  I played the Mass Effect games by Bioware and even though you could pursue a romance, you didn't have to.

I don't know what the official rating is, but I wouldn't allow my 12 yr old to play this game. Alot of mature themes going on, and even though you aren't forced to pursue a romance the option is there for him to do if he chooses to. It's not as bad as GTA though. 

Days man.....days away! 

There is a classic mode that removes exo abilities and jump boost.  Has 4 game modes in there (KC, Domination, S&D and TDM).  Shoot'em out of the sky, thats what I do.  But I haven't ran into any problems with everyone jump shooting 24/7 though.

And a question out to all the CoD, BF haters about the same game being put out and relabeled every year.  Isn't that what Xbox did by releasing the Halo box set?  It's all the same games already released.  Nothing new right?  

With that said, I haven't played Halo since Halo 2.  Is the Halo box set awesome enough (lag/connectivity aside - it will be fixed) to justify buying the Xbox One console?  Titanfall I already own on PC and it wasn't anything spectacular to justify buying the console, imo.

Well yes everything has already been released however they have remastered Halo 2 and it looks amazing. And whats nice about it is once the servers are fixed when you want to play a team slayer match there are like 56 maps in the playlist. Im really excited to be able to play all of them.....worth getting an xbox one over? Prob not. But with the slew of games coming out over the next few weeks and all the deals going on its definitely a great time to make the upgrade...whether Xbone or PS4....well thats up to you.  

It's not the same thing, and for the most part I do not agree that the BF series releases the exact same thing year after year.  They have been 2 year releases with drasticly improved graphics, up until this year cop and robbers expansion pack.

Halo is offering 4 games, on the next generation console, one of which has been completely remastered and looks beautiful.  You get access to the Halo 5 beta, which is a nice bonus, and a bunch of other content.  They also allow you to play multyplayer Halo CE, which never happened on the console version.  They are giving you exactly what they said they would, and it's great to play until Halo 5 comes out for the Halo lovers out there.  I would MUCH rather them do this than rush out Halo 5 just because next gen is here.  Of course, all of the issues look really bad on their part, so wait a few weeks to make sure they get sorted with patches.

If you LOVE the Halo series, buying the console for it would be worth it IMO.

I totally expect COD and BF to do throw back/anneversary games, if Halo is successful.  Judging by initial sales, it was.  Remastered CoD 2?  4?  1942 or Vietnam?

Awesome.

Plus Halo 2 Anniversary took 6 classic Halo 2 maps, remade them in Xbox One graphics and with improved gameplay, ie they added a gungoose vehicle and some other dynamic map changes and things to it. It plays like a much improved Halo 2 honestly.

Additionally you can forge in this modified engine with more options than ever and make some crazy stuff.

I'm a huge Halo fan so it would be enough for me to justify it and it's a great point to jump back into the campaign story which is fantastic sci fi IMO.

You get the halo 5 beta access and the Nightfall live action series too

Days man.....days away! 

Well yes everything has already been released however they have remastered Halo 2 and it looks amazing. And whats nice about it is once the servers are fixed when you want to play a team slayer match there are like 56 maps in the playlist. Im really excited to be able to play all of them.....worth getting an xbox one over? Prob not. But with the slew of games coming out over the next few weeks and all the deals going on its definitely a great time to make the upgrade...whether Xbone or PS4....well thats up to you.  

I've got a PS4, just looking for a reason to buy an Xbox One too lol.

I might save up and buy an Xbox One then after Xmas after I get gift cards/money

Archived