Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Are you playing on PC? It looks like a large number of the negative user reviews are from people who are having problems on PC. I picked it up today for the X1, but I haven't played it yet due to an issue I'm having with the Dragon Keep. 

EDIT: Now that I'm reading the negative reviews a little closer, nearly all the bad reviews are from PC users complaining that the game was designed for consoles and they wish it was more point-and-click. Or people who didn't play the previous games and don't understand what is going on. 

I can see this...

I did the Dragon Keep thing to familiarize myself.  I briefly played the first Dragon Age game, but I'm a Skyrim/Oblivion diehard.

DAInquisition for the PS4 is great. It has exceeded my expectations.  I do not believe that I will "like" it more than Skyrim/Oblivion, but that is not due to the game play as much as the mythology and lore.  DA isn't really like Skyrim in a lot of ways.  

What I think is better than Skyrim:  Graphics (obviously, that is all about the fact that its next gen), I like the scale of things. You are in control of this "Inquisition", you make big decisions that affect more than just your character.  I like the party system. Its nice to have 4 people together rather than being alone most of the time and at most, 1 companion NPC.  The combat options are much better in DA, IMO.

Where Skyrim is better: I like the factions you can join, like the Dark Brotherhood etc... I haven't encountered anything like that yet, but I can't see that as happening.  I like how Skyrim more open world. In DA, the world is huge, but you have to use the map to travel from one area to another.  Don't get me wrong, each individual area is huge in itself, but Skyrim was more open. You could just go wander off a little easier. DA has more barriers, like mountains etc.. that keep you somewhat contained.

Yeah the graphic and environmental details in Skyrim for PS3 is way above that of Dragon Age on PS4.

I'm still enjoying Dragon Age a lot, though. Don't get me wrong.

I feel that way about a lot of the games i play. I know we are very early in the development stage for the next gen consoles...but i will stay the best looking game i played was GTA V on the 360. 

Yeah the graphic and environmental details in Skyrim for PS3 is way above that of Dragon Age on PS4.

I'm still enjoying Dragon Age a lot, though. Don't get me wrong.

I don't agree, but I hear you.  

I thought Skyrim looked better on the 360 than the ps3, I had both.  I think DA is one of the best graphical games I've played on the PS4 so far.  Just my opinion.

The game just feels a bit cartoon-like in comparison.

I do not see myself liking DA more than Skyrim.  I just don't think that will happen.  Skyrim is one of my all time favorites.  I can see some truth to what you are saying there.

But, I hope when the new elder scrolls game comes out, they make some improvements and use a little of what DA offers.

I do not see myself liking DA more than Skyrim.  I just don't think that will happen.  Skyrim is one of my all time favorites.  I can see some truth to what you are saying there.

But, I hope when the new elder scrolls game comes out, they make some improvements and use a little of what DA offers.

Absolutely. Well said.

I've always hated Elder Scroll games, so my preference has been Bioware games ever since KOTOR. I like games with a tighter story narrative than what Elder Scrolls offers. I completely understand why people feel the opposite, just not my cup of tea. 

Another reason why I really like Bioware RPGs is how your decisions carry weight in the story. Unfortunately, as we saw with ME3, they have a difficult time managing all the varying story arcs that have been created by the first game in a series by the time they reach the third. So I'm hoping they handled that better than they did in the Mass Effect series. 

But, I still haven't played the game....still waiitng on EA to fix my account issues. 

I've always hated Elder Scroll games, so my preference has been Bioware games ever since KOTOR. I like games with a tighter story narrative than what Elder Scrolls offers. I completely understand why people feel the opposite, just not my cup of tea. 

Another reason why I really like Bioware RPGs is how your decisions carry weight in the story. Unfortunately, as we saw with ME3, they have a difficult time managing all the varying story arcs that have been created by the first game in a series by the time they reach the third. So I'm hoping they handled that better than they did in the Mass Effect series. 

But, I still haven't played the game....still waiitng on EA to fix my account issues. 

KOTOR is another of my all time favorites. I'm playing it on my phone currently.  I'd love to see a movie made from it.

I agree with what you are saying about the decisions. I agree 100%.  I just like the Elder Scrolls mythology etc... Very cool IMO.

BTW, why do these games always start out with you being a prisoner?

I'm glad to hear gamers like DA3 and ill most likely pick it up sometime this week. I was very wary of the early critic reviews scoring it high after they praised DA2 giving it 9s and 9.5s and it was very average at best i thought. Ill be getting it on the PC but planned to most likely play it with my gamepad anyways so the negative reviews about it being not as keyboard and mouse friendly do not really bother me. I played the first dragon age on PS3 with a gamepad and it was fine although I really wish I had played it on PC and had the old school top down view.

Not really surprised AC flopped. The major dev studios that are churning out these series with a new game every year know people are going to buy it anyways so why not just put out a game that isn't quite finished and patch it down the line. Putting out a quality game on a one year dev cycle is a whole lot to ask and expect. As much as people like these CoD, AC, Madden games... They really should stop buying them until more effort is put into them and they arent being sold pretty much a patched version of the previous installment or the game is sold $39.99 like an expansion. I was actually sort of interested in the new call of duty because it was on a 3 year development cycle but nope, same tired worn out game engine and all they really had to show for 3 years was a new suit, vertical movement and Kevin Spacey. Even Far Cry 4... Don't get me wrong i loved Far Cry 3... But I'm not interested in playing and paying full retail price for Far Cry 3.5. I've already played that game and it could have again been a huge DLC or expansion pack. I will definitely be waiting for a steam sale to pick FC4 up so I get it at the proper price.

But I guess who am I to tell people what to buy and enjoy. It seems I'm in the minority here and millions of people buy these games every year and enjoy them and that's all that matters in the end.

KOTOR is another of my all time favorites. I'm playing it on my phone currently.  I'd love to see a movie made from it.

I agree with what you are saying about the decisions. I agree 100%.  I just like the Elder Scrolls mythology etc... Very cool IMO.

BTW, why do these games always start out with you being a prisoner?

Yes! I said this to a friend of mine just last week and he could give me no answer. Every single Elder Scrolls game is like this. Like, it can't be this hard to come up with a new origin story. 

A great example of how Bioware's decisions make for an excellent story and game is in Dragon Age:Origins. The Landsmeet was just awesome. You fight your way to the villain of the story, and as you arrive in the capital to confront him you now have to secure your victory over him through politics. And that one part of the game could end in like six different conclusions. It's stuff like that you didn't find in your run-of-the-mill RPG. I just wish they could get back to making games their way and not the EA way. 

Btw, I have KOTOR on my iPAD. Definitely one of the best games ever made IMO. 

Yes! I said this to a friend of mine just last week and he could give me no answer. Every single Elder Scrolls game is like this. Like, it can't be this hard to come up with a new origin story. 

A great example of how Bioware's decisions make for an excellent story and game is in Dragon Age:Origins. The Landsmeet was just awesome. You fight your way to the villain of the story, and as you arrive in the capital to confront him you now have to secure your victory over him through politics. And that one part of the game could end in like six different conclusions. It's stuff like that you didn't find in your run-of-the-mill RPG. I just wish they could get back to making games their way and not the EA way. 

Btw, I have KOTOR on my iPAD. Definitely one of the best games ever made IMO. 

Out of likes...

Yeah, I thought the beginning of DA was somewhat of a copy/homage to Elder Scrolls with the prisoner thing as well as the way you have the power to close the rifts.  Kind of like the Shouts.  Anyway, KOTOR was a game that I beat in 48 hours. I could not put it down, I got no sleep. That was the reason I bought the Xbox.  I played it through 3 times.  Its a perfect match for an iPhone/iPad.

Although, I'd love to see it with gameplay controls like The Force Unleashed.  (I loved those 2 games as well). The first mission where you get to be Vader was just too cool.

Anyone playing Far Cry 4? Is it as fun as 3 was?

I am. Like it a lot so far...takes getting used to shooting in the game. But there is a lot to do...and the new helicopter thing they added is sick..makes getting around the island a breeze. 

Played for about 4-5 hours last night and stuck pretty much to the story and im only 4% done. Need to do some hunting tonight so i can craft a few things. 

And they have a new way to upgrade your player...not sure if i like it better than 3's upgrade system..but we shall see...dont wanna get too much into the upgrading...dont want to ruin anything for you guys.

But it's def worth the money..it is not a Far Cry 3 expansion pack. 

What system are you playing it on ST? Im still on the old generation but hoping to get a BF bundle deal on either the One or PS4.

Im playing on the One....all the trailers and videos they are showing of the game on TV must be on PC b/c its doesn't look as good as those..but its still a very nice looking game. 

You should def take advantage of the bundles they have coming up...a system and two games for what 330? Thats a steal. 

I am playing Far Cry 4 as well. Didn't play 3, but enjoying this one a lot so far. This is an incredibly beautiftul game and the gameplay is very smooth. For some reseason I find it very amusing to throw bait near a group of enemies and watch a predator take them down without wasting a bullet.

I am playing Far Cry 4 as well. Didn't play 3, but enjoying this one a lot so far. This is an incredibly beautiftul game and the gameplay is very smooth. For some reseason I find it very amusing to through bait near a group of enemies and watch a predator take them down without wasting a bullet.

If you have a chance, I'd play 3 when 4 is done. 3 was fantastic.

Im playing on the One....all the trailers and videos they are showing of the game on TV must be on PC b/c its doesn't look as good as those..but its still a very nice looking game. 

You should def take advantage of the bundles they have coming up...a system and two games for what 330? Thats a steal. 

Yeah, I saw that Target will have the AC One bundle for $329 and it comes with a Target $50 giftcard.

Hoping I can score it online to avoid the Turkey Night rush.

I am playing Far Cry 4 as well. Didn't play 3, but enjoying this one a lot so far. This is an incredibly beautiftul game and the gameplay is very smooth. For some reseason I find it very amusing to through bait near a group of enemies and watch a predator take them down without wasting a bullet.

haha, yea and its like instantly 

The god damn eagles tho are freaking pissing me off...they just love to swarm me all the time.

Archived