Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

It is sad. Pretty much everything is about DLC now. You get a game maybe half complete and you have to spend another 25-50 to get the full experience.

Mostly the AAA games and its because the development costs are so high now they have to get massive returns on them. So they can't take years to develop them properly and customers buy them in their ****ty state so why not keep the cash machine rolling until something changes. They also cant really take any major risks and have to make the game watered down to appeal to a mass audience so it sells well enough to cover dev costs and turn a profit. The results are we get pretty much the same game every year with average stories, a few new features and a new number in the title. It's just a terrible formula and there is no way it's going to last like this forever. DA3 will be the first AAA title I've bought since Dark Souls 2 and before that its been quite some time. Other than The Last of Us and maybe GTAV (let's face it though that series while good is also 80% the same experience each time) I really haven't missed much and since I have waited I get to play the remastered version of TLoU and the PC version of GTAV. I'd also like to pick up The Evil Within.

This is why I like indie games, they have all the time they need and are passionate about their game. Yeah there are some stinkers, people that take advantage of the crowd funding and Devs that without a corporate structure get in over their heads and don't know how to manage the project... But for the most part we are getting some real solid games out of indie developers.

I apologize, I've said all this several times throughout these gaming threads. I just really enjoy gaming as my go to free time hobby and it really pisses me off the type of games we get from the Devs with the most money. What's even worse is, Ubisoft (Pretty sure it was Ubisoft and AC4) is now admittedly dumbing down and capping games on the PC so it matches the console versions. Seeing the screenshots of the early watch dogs it seems they did it with that game too and just kept it quiet. Then there is the "gaming journalists" taking money from publishers to make a positive review of their game.... Review embargoes not allowing coverage on the game to be shown until its too late to sucker people into buying games day 1 and/or keep their preorders based on only the positive stuff shown about the game. This is why i had to wait and am not playing the new dragon age right now which is a huge pile of horse****. Mainstream gaming is a mess right now and corrupted by greed more than ever. We should be getting much better games than most of the AAA crap we are getting instead.

TLDR: Mainstream AAA gaming sucks.

/Rant Over..... For now.

Yeah Zaz, you are a broken ass record my man, lol. I agree though.

After playing Ground Zeroes I now have a strong g urge to get that all in 1 pack in the PS store which includes MGS, Sons Of Liberty, Snake Eater, and Guns Of The Patriots. I wish I could play Peacewalker, as that is alluded to a ton in Ground Zeroes, but that was a PSP game.

I haven't played the original Metal Gear Solid since probably middle school. That will be one he'll of a nostalgic trip.

At lasssst!!! 

HBOGo finally on One!

Best app ever. Every series ever made, including some very new ones.

Lol. I just bought a Roku because I wanted HBOGO on my living room TV. Before, I would have to bring my Apple TV from the bedroom into the living room.

Thanks Microsoft for never giving us a proper heads up for when this would be out. We've been hearing about it since Xbox One launched with no definitive date.

Yeah Zaz, you are a broken ass record my man, lol. I agree though.

After playing Ground Zeroes I now have a strong g urge to get that all in 1 pack in the PS store which includes MGS, Sons Of Liberty, Snake Eater, and Guns Of The Patriots. I wish I could play Peacewalker, as that is alluded to a ton in Ground Zeroes, but that was a PSP game.

I haven't played the original Metal Gear Solid since probably middle school. That will be one he'll of a nostalgic trip.

Pretty sure the latest HD collection on the last gen consoles includes a Peacewalker port. And yeah that record will keep skipping and my butt will continue to hurt until we get the games we should be getting out of AAA studios :). Imagine if they actually built a new engine for Call of Duty.

Pretty sure the latest HD collection on the last gen consoles includes a Peacewalker port.

Yeah I picked it up, along with MGS1, Guns Of The Patriots, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, which is Raidens spin-off.

Played MGS until like 2am. Once my eyes readjusted due to the graphics, I just how much fun that game was, and still is. A lot different this time around though, being 26 instead of 10.

I remember the Psycho Mantis and Cyborg Ninja boss battles being damn near impossible. One of my brothers friends came over one day, and beat them for me. Got em though last night.

Still problems with party play. But yea, at least it's playable.

Spoke too soon. "Syncing Data" isn't working.

I had my nephew play split screen with me and we didn't have any trouble. Sometimes we had to back out post match and restart the search but it was pretty quick. They will continue to improve it with future patches too.

I know some there were having trouble tonight but it's a big step in the right direction, at least for me

Three more days until Smash Bros releases its 8-player mayhem upon the world.

Been wanting to buy the U for a while but games didn't justify it.  Left it alone for a while re: looking at games coming out and now I see it's a no brainer.  Looking forward to going shopping on Saturday, for once :)

So how is Dragon Age? I was busy moving all last week and haven't had the chance to pick it up. Thinking I may just wait till Black Friday since I'm still kind of in the whole transitioning to living in a new home/new city mode.

I finally started playing today. So far I completed the Prologue, and I'm in the Hinterlands of Ferelden. The story is good, but I see alot of things they kept from DA2 that I don't like. I wish the party member behaviors were as robust as they were in DA:O. I do really like how I have a war council, and I'm really managing a war. You have to be concerned with getting the best horses, farming materials, etc,.

And they have alot of that open-world exploration that many gamers love about Elder Scrolls games. As soon as I arrive in the Hinterlands the main story mission wanted me to go over to a bridge. Instead, I started traveling west and never looked back. Ended up finding a the remnants from a cult in DA:O and now I'm hunting down another band that is preying on the villagers of that region. I'm still getting used to the combat, but I'm enjoying myself so far. 

One of the biggest tips I keep seeing all around the Internet is LEAVE THE HINTERLANDS. Too many people are getting caught up with their completionist mindset and trying to complete everything in the starter zone staying there for hours. Even one of the Devs tweeted something echoing that saying there is an entire world beyond the Hinterlands go explore.

What is the combat like in DAI? You guys like it?

Combat can be played 2 different ways.  You can play it just like KOTOR, meaning, you pause, set up your attacks and let the cpu take care of it, OR, what I do, you play it like Skyrim.  For each character, yours and the NPC's, you have skill trees. You select skills from various areas and get special moves. For example, I have a Rogue that has special moves like Stealth, I click the triangle and I'm basically invisible and can sneak up behind people and then unleash another move. I have one that does 400% damage if done from the flank, 1 that is basically 2 attacks in one.  You pick these moves as you level up. Then, when you get your own castle, you get access to more skill tress that are even more unique and powerful.

So far, I'm still LOVING Dragon Age.  Its HUGE.  I'm glad because it is really worth the money IMO.  I'm taking my time and so far, I'm level 10, I"ve unlocked Blackwell, Iron Bull and Cole in addition to the starting party members. I've cleared most of the Hinterlands but have moved through a lot of basic stuff in a couple of other areas as well. Once I added Iron Bull, things have become easier.

One of the biggest tips I keep seeing all around the Internet is LEAVE THE HINTERLANDS. Too many people are getting caught up with their completionist mindset and trying to complete everything in the starter zone staying there for hours. Even one of the Devs tweeted something echoing that saying there is an entire world beyond the Hinterlands go explore.

But what's wrong with doing that? I promise I won't get bored and forget to complete the main storyline. BTW, I have read the complaints that the story narrative isn't strong enough and I believe those people probably are doing too much exploring and not enough of the main story missions. 

Combat can be played 2 different ways.  You can play it just like KOTOR, meaning, you pause, set up your attacks and let the cpu take care of it, OR, what I do, you play it like Skyrim.  For each character, yours and the NPC's, you have skill trees. You select skills from various areas and get special moves. For example, I have a Rogue that has special moves like Stealth, I click the triangle and I'm basically invisible and can sneak up behind people and then unleash another move. I have one that does 400% damage if done from the flank, 1 that is basically 2 attacks in one.  You pick these moves as you level up. Then, when you get your own castle, you get access to more skill tress that are even more unique and powerful.

I have to admit I was hoping the behavior modifiers for your party members was as extensive as it was in DA:O. I will also admit I may not have found out how to do it right. I basically just see five different AI behaviors I can make for my party members when I'm not using them. Where in DA:O, I could create a behavior where a rogue who is an archer would switch to a sword and shield or two knives when an enemy got into a certain range of them. Or set it so my tank would do a War Cry(taunt) whenever enemies began to target my ranged and magic users. I don't see the ability to do those things. 

I have just heard that some of the people that dont like the game are spending tons of hours in the starter zone and are getting bored, think the game has no direction and play something else. If you like the game by all means then carry on. I will probably do the same and complete the majority of the side quests. I have had some things pop up but I'm going to make some time to start tomorrow. Here is the original reddit thread that some of the major sites picked up and reported. The main post is pretty spot on considering a major chunk of the 200 or so replies I read were people saying how they spent 10-20 hours in the hinterlands. It's pretty damn funny although I wouldn't recommend reading the posts, there are spoilers. Not major but some talk about upcoming areas and events and I'm glad I was skimming mostly.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2mw0iz/psa_leave_the_****ing_hinterlands/

"OK, so I'm reading a lot of feedback about the game on different sites and I'm noticing a big trend. A lot of of the people complaining about the game are saying things like "boring sidequests," "really slow," "can't get into the story/characters." And that is almost always accompanied by "I'm trying to do everything in the Hinterlands before moving on."

Normally I wouldn't tell anybody else how to play the game. And I definitely recognize the OCD-ness, must complete everything, don't want to miss anything impulses.

But seriously. LEAVE. THE ****ING. HINTERLANDS.

The Hinterlands is meant as a starting area. Honestly, it has the most boring quests in the game and is probably the most boring area. You're a ****ing Inquisitor, you shouldn't be too overly concerned with a farmer's missing druffalo."

I have no complaints regarding the story at all.  I just got to the part where I get Skyhold.  Not going to lie, what happened before that was unexpected and very cool.  I thought I was near the end of the main quest line. Looks like I've just started.   Great game.

I have no complaints regarding the story at all.  I just got to the part where I get Skyhold.  Not going to lie, what happened before that was unexpected and very cool.  I thought I was near the end of the main quest line. Looks like I've just started.   Great game.

Yeah I had surgery back the beginning of this month and won't be back at work until at least December 9th so I'm really happy it has gotten great reviews by all different sorts of gamers. I have a feeling once I get going ill be doing nothing else which works out great since I have nothing else to do.

For those playing Far Cry 4, what are your thoughts a week in? I am loving it so far. I haven't done much of the main story, but I get the idea, (good guys/rebels) Golden Path is up against the Evil Corrupt Government. I do find it interesting about the Far Cry franchise is it always just an average guy getting throw into this crazy world. I have been really just doing a lot of side quest, like supply drops and rescue hostages. My favorite thing to do in the game is probably liberty towers and outpost. For some reason I enjoy trying to find my way around the tower to climb to the top.

For those playing Far Cry 4, what are your thoughts a week in? I am loving it so far. I haven't done much of the main story, but I get the idea, (good guys/rebels) Golden Path is up against the Evil Corrupt Government. I do find it interesting about the Far Cry franchise is it always just an average guy getting throw into this crazy world. I have been really just doing a lot of side quest, like supply drops and rescue hostages. My favorite thing to do in the game is probably liberty towers and outpost. For some reason I enjoy trying to find my way around the tower to climb to the top.

I think it's cool and original. (I did not play far cry 3). I will play the campaign during thanksgiving break. My son is mostly playing online and he has stopped playing CoD. He loves it.

I watched him play the first 30 minutes of the campaign and knew I had to play.

Archived