Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Since the matchmaking has been hit or miss, I've spent a lot of time going through the Halo consigns again.

They are just phenomenal, especially on legendary difficulty. So much strategy is involved within each checkpoint to get by. It gives you a canvas to just paint your alien destruction on.

The thing I love the most is that it really makes you feel like a badass when you string off some awesome sequence like sticking an enemy from 40yards away in the middle of a gunfight turning around and headshot another or complete a beast set piece with vehicular carnage everywhere.

The campaigns are full of mystery, great storytelling and lore, gorgeous landscapes and environments. As a lover of science fiction, it's just fantastic.

I need some of you guys to pick this up so we can co-op these bad boys.

Also, multiplayer has as improved quite a bit and is still a blast, at least for me.

I got an email from best buy at 5 am, I ended up buying Diablo iii, Wolfenstein ( each for 25) and nba2k15 (for 30) as well as my sons main present, a 40 inch 1080p tv for his ps4. Couldn't be happier. They sold out online pretty quick (the tv), but I had been wanting the nba game but didn't want to pay 60. They also had the misfit fitness trackers for 25 bucks. Glad I checked my email.

Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein are awesome games, you'll enjoy those. I hate NBA2k, but to each their own, lol. 

PS just had a flash sale, picked up shadows of mordor for 30.

I got it for the same price from Amazon last night. 

Finally got to play some DA:I. Starting to really enjoy it. I feel they kinda rushed things a bit early on, I think it would have been better if we could have actually seen and played through the conclave part(i.e. play the portions of the story before the sky gets ripped apart). But after doing some quests in Hinterlands and then going to the next city, it's starting to round into form. And I like being able to send people out to do operations for extra rewards.

I like that you can do tactical combat as I much prefer being able to pause and plan things out. Not that the game is overly difficult early on but it's still something nice. Your party member AI can still be a little dumb at times although it is MUCH better than it was in DA:O or 2, just sometimes you ranged party members will for no reason run up real close.

My only gripe is that non combat skills like persuasion seem to be phased out. I loved being able to invest in the ability to talk your way out of situations, unless that's still in the game and I'm just totally missing it.

How much should you actually do in the open world areas? I stayed in Hinterlands till about level 5. I just felt like there was way too much to do and I wanted to move on with the plot. This isn't Skyrim after all.

I completely agree about persuasion options being phased out, and the lack of AI intelligence of your party in combat. This is why they should've kept to the AI behavior slots of Origins, where you could choose to modify your party member's behavior down the to the slightest detail. In Origins, I didn't have to worry about switching characters to save someone because my party worked as a unit without me having to do much but oversea the battle tactically and have my Warden help here and there.

I really don't like the Inquisitor really having to rely on party members in order to convince someone to join the Inquisition or to do something for me. 

I'm about 20 hours into the game and the story is awesome. Still have yet to see Flemeth or Morrigan in the game. 

I've been playing shadow of mordor all morning. First off, the combat is badass. This should be the standard. However, it's not very focused as a game. I find myself not knowing what to do a lot.

I agree with this. Just screwing around I created 5 Uruk captains by getting them promoted after they handed me my ass. Now I can see revenge on them or do some other stuff. Look for the good/yellow mission icons on the map as well as towers. Once you access the towers the area becomes clear and you have a better idea of what to do. The yellow icons are story missions too.

But again, I'm just having fun running around and getting Uruks promoted lol and I'll be main sure I get my vengeance on them prior to getting too far into the story

I agree with this. Just screwing around I created 5 Uruk captains by getting them promoted after they handed me my ass. Now I can see revenge on them or do some other stuff. Look for the good/yellow mission icons on the map as well as towers. Once you access the towers the area becomes clear and you have a better idea of what to do. The yellow icons are story missions too.

But again, I'm just having fun running around and getting Uruks promoted lol and I'll be main sure I get my vengeance on them prior to getting too far into the story

I'll have to try that. It's getting easier as I get more powerful. I like it a lot. Just wish it was a little more focused.

So I pulled the trigger at Costco on Friday for the XBox One. It was the Assassins Creed bundle for $315. There were better bundles, but none that came with a lifetime guarentee (like Costco offers).

I also got the download for Titanfall Deluxe Edition (and season pass) for $12.50 from the Microsoft store.

Now, I just have to take the time and rewire evrything and set up the system.

:)

Waiting for Far Cry 4 and/or DA to drop below $40.

So I pulled the trigger at Costco on Friday for the XBox One. It was the Assassins Creed bundle for $315. There were better bundles, but none that came with a lifetime guarentee (like Costco offers).

I also got the download for Titanfall Deluxe Edition (and season pass) for $12.50 from the Microsoft store.

Now, I just have to take the time and rewire evrything and set up the system.

:)

Waiting for Far Cry 4 and/or DA to drop below $40.

Yeah, Costco was sold out of them when I got around to looking last Friday night.  Went through Best Buy and got the same bundle you did, for $319 (used a $10 gift card - not trying to rub it in based on your RTT post).  

The best deal I saw was through Target though, same bundle for $329 and you got a $50 Target Gift Card with the purchase.  

I was going to pull the trigger that morning, before lunch, decided to wait until after my MIL, SIL and future BIL left.  By the time I ordered, all the stellar deals were gone.  

Am I reading that correctly?  A lifetime guarantee for the XBox One?  Does Costco do that with all systems?  Thanks.

Yes. It doesn't fall into the electronics 90 day policy (like TV's do). I have never taken advantage of it, but my friend had 3 RROd's on his last XBox 360 and returned them for equal value each time. The last time, it wasn't an RROD but it was acting flaky so he returned it and got an Xbox One for the difference in price (from what he originally bought the 360).

As long as people don't overtly abuse the return policy, Costco allows for it because it's extremely customer (and employee) friendly.

That's why I think the advantage fell to Costco because it was $15 cheaper than Target (not counting the $50 giftcard Target gave you) and Best Buy and it had the advantage of being able to return it if problems came up in the next few years.

Got this sweet camo Military controller for the same price at Best Buy, but in case anyone wants it, Microsoft has it for $39.99 right now on their store.

en-INTL-L-XboxOne-Branded-Wireless-Contr

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.306174800?srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=42-13940366-2&WT.mc_id=US_datafeed_Google

Just don't lose it cause you may never find it again.

Got this sweet camo Military controller for the same price at Best Buy, but in case anyone wants it, Microsoft has it for $39.99 right now on their store.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.306174800?srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=42-13940366-2&WT.mc_id=US_datafeed_Google

Just don't lose it cause you may never find it again.

I put that one on my Christmas list lol.

Just looked and my Xbox One will be delivered today.  It initially said it would be Dec. 12th, so that close to Christmas, I didn't order a game and put a bunch on my Christmas list.  

I'm happy about it getting here sooner, but I don't really care to play AC that comes with it.  Plus I have to work until 8:00 pm tonight.  I left off Halo: Master Chief Collection off my list so I could pick it up a day or two before the Xbox arrived.  Looks like I'm heading out on a late lunch break to buy it lol.

Thanks for the heads up. I just cancelled my order. I have been waiting to play Injustice and thought $18 was a good deal. Free is a little better.

Yeah, I'm excited to play it too... I've come close to purchasing it in the past, but glad I waited.  This will be the best psplus game in a while. 

Xbox One users couple of questions as mine just arrived and I'm getting ready to set it up.  First, I know I don't have to plug in the HDMI from the satellite receiver into the back then HDMI out into the TV.  Is it really worth it?  Aside from having a ballgame on in the top corner, there aren't really any advantages right?

Also, I assume the voice commands only are available with the Kinect right?  Which I don't have or really want so that's not an issue for me.  

Xbox One users couple of questions as mine just arrived and I'm getting ready to set it up. First, I know I don't have to plug in the HDMI from the satellite receiver into the back then HDMI out into the TV. Is it really worth it? Aside from having a ballgame on in the top corner, there aren't really any advantages right?

Also, I assume the voice commands only are available with the Kinect right? Which I don't have or really want so that's not an issue for me.

Did you get the One with Kinect? If so then hell yes it's worth it. Fast switching between the 2 with voice is amazing. I haven't used a cable remote in about a year XBOX WATCH ESPN, WATCH COMCAST SPORTS NET etc, also the kinect has a IR BLASTER so it cuts all your devices on TV, CABLE BOX, SOUND SYSTEM. Also when your watching TV you get alerts when your friends come online or send you an invite to play, also while your waiting for matchmaking you can watch TV and the Xbox will alert you when a game is found or ready. Then there is One Guide which groups your TV GUIDE, NETFLIX, HULU Channels all in one, some people love it but i don't do much Hulu.

^^^ What he said. I've really enjoyed having my TV run through my One. I have it set so the TV, DirecTV and Xbox all come on when i turn the Xbox on and it automatically starts on the TV then I go from there. Once they updated the OS to allow different volumes for snapped apps, it really made it easy to snap TV and gaming and switch back and forth depending on whats going on. 

Even without the Kinect, you should still give it a try and see if you like it. It's pretty convenient. 

^^^ What he said. I've really enjoyed having my TV run through my One. I have it set so the TV, DirecTV and Xbox all come on when i turn the Xbox on and it automatically starts on the TV then I go from there. Once they updated the OS to allow different volumes for snapped apps, it really made it easy to snap TV and gaming and switch back and forth depending on whats going on. 

Even without the Kinect, you should still give it a try and see if you like it. It's pretty convenient. 

Would y'all recommend getting an Xbox remote or is using the controller that came with it just fine?

Archived