Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Would y'all recommend getting an Xbox remote or is using the controller that came with it just fine?

For TV? Cause the DirecTV remote still works even though its going through the One.

Yep, your current cable/DirecTV remote works fine. Just use the controller to select the TV app and you're good to go. There is an Xbox Guide you can setup that can keep your favorite channels and stuff that you can use the controller for too but i just use the regular remote if I'm not using voice controls. 

So, Halo MCC is still downloading since 5:00 pm EST........95% multiplayer is left, ironically the only mode I care about.  Anyhow, queued up for AC: Unity and AC: Black Flag to install as well overnight.  

While I'm waiting, question to you vet Xbox One owners.  Will the Guitar Hero and Rockband games from the Xbox 360 work on the Xbox One?  And if so, will the guitar controllers work as well?  Or am I **** out of luck on that? Same with DJ Hero and the turn tables.

It's fine if I am, I left my 360 in the living room hooked up and ready to plug in an HDMI cable too if needed when I want to play just in case.  But it would be nice if it all worked on the One.  

^^^ yeah the MCC is a hell of a big download.

As far as the Rockband, I'm 99% sure (so I don't know) that it will not be compatible with the One including the controller/guitars, drums etc

The One isn't backwards compatible with the 360 games so I wouldn't think the attachments are ether

I thought the games were backwards compatible, oh well, I guess I'll leave the 360 in there lol.  

So did any of you get LIMBO for the Xbox One? Finally played it last night for a bit, so much fun, really good game.

I thought the games were backwards compatible, oh well, I guess I'll leave the 360 in there lol.  

The new consoles are not backwards compatible due to the different architecture used. Dont think we will see emulators released, though I think Sony had talked about it.

So did any of you get LIMBO for the Xbox One? Finally played it last night for a bit, so much fun, really good game.

The new consoles are not backwards compatible due to the different architecture used. Dont think we will see emulators released, though I think Sony had talked about it.

Yea, i actually got the game for free for being an xbox one subscriber for so long....not sure if everyone did or not..but haven't downloaded it yet.

Limbo was fun when I played it a few years back. There are a few moments that take some actual problem solving..but overall the fun of the game outweighed the frustration.

I suspect it looks extra sharp on the One.

-----

There is a deal to be had at Target on the One if you missed the BF deals.

Target is offering the Assassins Creed bundle for $349 + $25GC.

But, they also have a 10% coupon off of electronics (consoles & video games are included) through their Cartwheel App (for the next two days).

Also ,if you have the Target red card, use it for another 5% off and your total pre tax will be $298.40 and you will get a $25 giftcard.

Limbo was fun when I played it a few years back. There are a few moments that take some actual problem solving..but overall the fun of the game outweighed the frustration.

I suspect it looks extra sharp on the One.

It looks really good. I had no idea what the game was when I installed it. The first couple of deaths were so unexpected and sudden I was laughing so hard. Was hilarious. I know its not super long, but even if it ended now I have gotten a ton of enjoyment out of it.

Xbox One Owners, Question:

Can you hook up say your DVD player/Roku/AppleTV to your Xbox One, then feed it to the TV, so when you snap you can have that playing while you game?

Also, is there anyway if you can, say you put a Pandora App or Youtube on one of those devices, to have the audio play music (from that device) while you game full screen or does it have to be in that snap/picture in the top corner mode?

So say I take my blu-ray player, plug the HDMI into the Xbone, then Xbone out to my TV.  Then open up Pandora Radio or Youtube (for music) and be able to make the audio just the app while I game say playing Halo, is that possible?  

I'd rather not have to have any **** on the screen, so it doesn't **** up my view while I game.

^^^ I've never tried using just a DVD player but I think it would work the same as a TV hookup. You'd snap TV and it would be the DVD.

You can snap youtube or any of the music apps too while you play and change the settings so that you are only getting audio out f your secondary app (the one you aren't playing at the time) but to my knowledge you can't minimize the snap screen completely

at the game awards less than an hour ago, new Zelda footage:

Geez finally! I was getting pretty impatient waiting for news.

Loved the video. The game looks gorgeous. I love the art style and vibrant colors. The world is huge too. I'm digging the animations and the added horseback combat since you don't necessarily have to focus on "driving" the horse necessarily.

Hopefully this is the Zelda that makes me forget about TP and SS. Ugh

Geez finally! I was getting pretty impatient waiting for news.

Loved the video. The game looks gorgeous. I love the art style and vibrant colors. The world is huge too. I'm digging the animations and the added horseback combat since you don't necessarily have to focus on "driving" the horse necessarily.

Did you see the reveal trailer at E3? I have to admit, I was pretty surprised that the jumping off the horse into slow-mo archery is an actual gameplay thing. I thought they were just playing around a little bit to give it a more cinematic feel for the trailer.

Hopefully this is the Zelda that makes me forget about TP and SS. Ugh

I loved both TP and SS. Each had their faults, as with most games in the series, but each also has some pretty big strengths.

With SS, the two big faults for me were the lack of exploration as the world felt so linear without many secrets to uncover, and Fi never letting me think and figure things out for myself and just telling me how to solve the puzzles. On the up side, though, I really liked the way the story and the interaction between the characters, and the controls were really tight. 1:1 sword-play really worked, and I loved the feel of drawing back my arrow before feathering some bokoblins.

With TP the game was a bit on the easy side, and I didn't like that the item you find within a dungeon pretty much was always key to defeating the boss. I also didn't much care for controlling the wolf. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the game, and I really liked what the hidden skills brought to the sword-play. There were vast areas to explore and secrets to uncover. I would have liked if there were more things to spend your rupees on, though, as I'd often work my way through a hidden area to be rewarded with an orange rupee I had no use for. I should mention that I played the Gamecube version of the game, which I believe was superior due to the lack of waggle controls (distinctly different from SS's Motion Controls).

Did you see the reveal trailer at E3? I have to admit, I was pretty surprised that the jumping off the horse into slow-mo archery is an actual gameplay thing. I thought they were just playing around a little bit to give it a more cinematic feel for the trailer.

Yeah I watched that thing a ton since E3. I'm really happy they incorporated that into the actual game. I'm hoping the dynamic boss/enemy encounters in the overworld as happen similar to how they did in the trailer.

I loved both TP and SS. Each had their faults, as with most games in the series, but each also has some pretty big strengths.
 I agree they had their moments TP much more so but I just didn't enjoy SS as much at all.
With SS, the two big faults for me were the lack of exploration as the world felt so linear without many secrets to uncover, and Fi never letting me think and figure things out for myself and just telling me how to solve the puzzles. On the up side, though, I really liked the way the story and the interaction between the characters, and the controls were really tight. 1:1 sword-play really worked, and I loved the feel of drawing back my arrow before feathering some bokoblins.

Too much hand holding, too little exploration, didn't really care of the story. The controls were ok when they worked but I had trouble with my controller for some reason which, I might think more positively about the game had I not.

With TP the game was a bit on the easy side, and I didn't like that the item you find within a dungeon pretty much was always key to defeating the boss. I also didn't much care for controlling the wolf. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the game, and I really liked what the hidden skills brought to the sword-play. There were vast areas to explore and secrets to uncover. I would have liked if there were more things to spend your rupees on, though, as I'd often work my way through a hidden area to be rewarded with an orange rupee I had no use for. I should mention that I played the Gamecube version of the game, which I believe was superior due to the lack of waggle controls (distinctly different from SS's Motion Controls).

I played on the gamecube as well. I love the graphics and art style of this one. It felt like a more refined OoT which is what everybody wanted but then it got going and it seemed like it didn't know how to let OoT nostalgia go.

I did enjoy this game, but I had my issues with it, a lot of which you listed as well. I'd also add that I didn't care for Midna (though she is really popular among fans for some reason) and I absolutely despised the wolf sequences. I just don't think they were done well at all. I loved the transformation uses in MM but the wolf sequences in TP were a chore with little combat ability or exploration. You had this beautiful world created and the first time you get to see each section, it's dull black and gray and you're running around catching the light shards. Ugh.

Anyway, I think it had some amazing ideas and moments such as the combat with hidden skills, some of the dungeons were fantastic and unique for the series, the overall feeling of dread in the game (even though nobody else around felt it or seemed to care) was done well. The final horseback battle with Ganondorf was epic as was the bridge scene and rescue of Colin. The Temple of Time moment was a lot of fun too.

I just think it was a bunch of great ideas held back by a poor overall structure and pacing with some bad ideas mixed in. Still a fun game but definitely step down from the ALTTP, OoT, MM and WW sequence of games.

So busy with the new job so I haven't been able to play much. I finally got to really sit down and bang out some Dragon Age today. I am really enjoying the game. I don't think it's quite on the Dragon Age: Origins level but it's just a notch below. Actually in gameplay terms it might be better but the story isn't as good(though it's growing on me).

Metal Gear Rising = Wow. Wasn't expecting it to be that good. Graphics, sound, characters, action, boss battles, story. This game had everything.

The boss battles were insane. Old school. Sweating, cussing, hands and wrists aching, on the verge of quitting and taking it back for a refund kind of old school. On the level of the Dark/Demons Souls games. That last battle with the Senator from Hell was criminal, especially coming on the heels of the battle with the big ass samurai Metal Gear

Makes me even more excited for Phantom Pain now that I've seen Kojima can do, outside of the normal MGS structure.

Gonna have to replay this one. That was way too much fun. Now I'm gonna try to save BP in order to acquire Gray Fox`s Cyborg Ninja outfit and blade

Archived